Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/210634
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the National Guard of the Republic of Latvia Law Chapter I General provisions article 1. The law's purpose and scope (1) of the Act is intended to involve the citizens of Latvia.
(2) the law says the National Guard of the Republic of Latvia (hereinafter National Guard) tasks, organization and militia service.
2. article. National Guard and its place in the system of national defence National Guard is a component of the national armed forces, which aims to involve citizens in the territory of Latvia and the protection of society and participates in national defence planning and execution of the tasks under the tasks laid down in the law.
3. article. The National Guard National Guard tasks: 1) prepare national guard of Latvian citizens service and trained national guard personnel;
2) carry out tasks of national defence;
3) laws and international agreements duly participate in international operations and rapid reaction force;
4) participate in the support of the host country;
5) destroyed the explosive objects;
6) participates in the crash, fire and rescue and emergency situation caused by the relief measures;
7) provide national armed forces Commander defined object security;
8) provide support to State and local authorities in the prevention of offences, public order and security.
4. article. Militia status (1) Militia is a person who brought the militia oath, which has assigned a rank and which comply with the national guard service under the contract concluded with the National Guard for service in the National Guard.
(2) the Militia status a person acquires after the militia oath the naming and the conclusion of a contract with the National Guard unit commander of national guard service. Militia status person loses, termination of contract for service in the National Guard. The content of the contract, the extension of the closure and the procedures determined by the Minister of defence.
(3) the contract for the service in the National Guard for a period of five years, subject to service the maximum age in the National Guard.
(4) after the expiry of the contract for the service in the National Guard, by agreement between the parties, it may be extended each time for the third part of this article in the down time, but no longer than up to national guard service in the maximum age.
(5) the Militia service licence issued to militia. Sample of the certificate service, its date of issue, use, and transfer of procedures established by the Cabinet of Ministers.
5. article. Militia oath (1) entering service in the National Guard, a Latvian citizen gives the oath: "I, assuming the duties of militia and conscious of its responsibility and the law of the people's front, I swear to be faithful to the Republic of Latvia, the Constitution and the legitimate Government, not conserving strength, health, and life, to guard the Latvian State and its independence. I promise to perform to the best of my knowledge, a militia unconditionally submit to military discipline, always fulfill their Commander orders and orders under the laws of the Republic of Latvia. "
(2) the affidavit naming order is determined by the Minister of defence.
6. article. The National Guard Service (1) the service shall include the statutory National Guard National Guard militia tasks and training. Militia act services under national guard national guard service regulatory laws, the Commander orders, contract for services in the National Guard and other statutory contracts concluded with the National Guard.
(2) the Militia according to the contract for the service in the National Guard National Guard involvement tasks and training for up to 30 days a year from employment or training in his spare time, as well as in cases when according to the conditions of this law shall be exempt from the main militia or learning.
(3) may involve the National Guard Militia tasks and training also more than 30 days a year: 1) emergency or exceptional status notification;
2) with the consent of the National Guard militia commander the service tasks and training;
3) according to the provisions of this law by entering into additional agreements for the national armed forces Commander defined object security or militia training and participation in international operations or rapid reaction force.
(4) the employer or educational institution, released the National Guard militia involved in the service of the work duties or training (studying) without paying his wages, but retaining the working place (position) or the right to continue learning: 1) up to five working days a year training for the militia;
2) up to five working days in the year the National Guard task;
3) emergency or State of exception in the case of notification to emergency or exceptional conditions to lifting;
4) to one and a half year membership to the international operation or rapid reaction forces, and then the required training.
(5) special military training to those accredited university students who perform services in the National Guard, takes place in the Cabinet.
(6) the Militia shall inform their direct Commander, if the circumstances on which he can not attend to national guard tasks or training.
(7) the order in which the involvement of the National Guard militia tasks and training shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(8) When the National Guard militia perform the tasks apply to her employment relationship regulatory legislation, except that different treatment, and the right of prohibition provided for pregnant women, women who are breastfeeding and women who have recently given birth to one year.
7. article. Militia service of (1) the retirement seniority of Militia including the national guard service if he at least 20 days a year participated in service tasks or training.
(2) the retirement service is excluded from the time when the militia in accordance with the signed agreement shall take the national armed forces Commander defined object security.
(3) the Militia of the retirement account, giving him the rank and calculating the payroll and compensation days: every year, the coefficient 0.8. (4) in the third paragraph of this article, the coefficient specified shall not apply if the militia perform the service tasks corresponding to additional agreements for training and participation in international operations or rapid reaction force.
8. article. The National Guard emblem (1) National Guard and national guard units have their own flags. The manufacture and use of the flag of the order determined by the Minister of defence.
(2) each national guard unit has its own distinguishing marks. The distinguishing signs and carrying the order confirms the determined by the Minister of defence.
9. article. The National Guard, cooperation with State and local authorities, individuals and associations (1) the National Guard, State and local authorities, individuals and their associations cooperate statutory tasks.
(2) the National Guard has banned political party (movement) canvassing.
(3) the order in which the National Guard provides support to State and local authorities in the prevention of offences, public order and security, established by the Cabinet of Ministers.
Chapter II National Guard structure and management article 10. The National Guard management (1) the National Guard leadership in implementing the National Guard Commander, who is appointed and released from Office by the Cabinet of Ministers on a proposal of the Minister for defence.
(2) the National Guard followed the principle of vienvadīb.
11. article. The National Guard Commander (1) National Guard Commander: 1) responsible for national guard service tasks and organization;
2) responsible for subordinate units to the battlefield and mobilization readiness, military personnel training, military discipline and other requirements;
3) provide the National Guard with continuous management, task scheduling and control their execution;
4) responsible for the tasks required personnel, logistical and financial resources for the timely submission of the national armed forces Commander and on the resources and appropriate use;
5) confirms the subordinate units of the regulations themselves.
(2) the National Guard Commander, legitimate orders and orders are mandatory for all the dienoš the National Guard militia, professional service soldiers, civilian employees and workers.
(3) the National Guard Commander is entitled to request and receive from all national and municipal authorities in the news related to the National Guard tasks.
12. article. The National Guard Headquarters (1) the National Guard is the National Guard Commander, the headquarters institution that provides: 1) National Guard Commander to exercise uninterrupted control of the National Guard;
2) decision making required information and documentation;
3) National Guard Commander's lawful order and order execution control;
4) of this Act specified in article 3 National Guard tasks.
(2) On the National Guard Headquarters is responsible for the fulfilment of the National Guard Headquarters Chief. The National Guard Headquarters Chief appointed to and released from Office by the national armed forces Commander after the National Guard Commander's proposal.
13. article. The National Guard recruitment (1) sets the State of the National Guard: 1) militia;
2) professional service soldiers;
3) civilian employees.
(2) The professional service soldiers service legal relationship, which serves National Guard and national guard civilian employees working in the labour relationship respectively determine the military service law and labour relations regulatory laws.
Chapter III admitted to the National Guard, militia, verifying the appointment and removal of article 14. Admission to the National Guard by (1) the National Guard, on a voluntary basis, take them to the citizens of Latvia aged from 18 to 55 years old: 1) which meets the protection requirements laid down by the Minister for health, fitness and knowledge of official languages, as well as the moral and psychological characteristics;
2) which fail to comply with the professional services or services in the Interior Ministry system in institutions or prisons, the constitutional protection Office, the military intelligence and security service, municipal police, Prosecutor's Office, corruption prevention and combating Bureau, financial police, customs or kriminālpārvald Latvian Bank Protection Administration;
3) which is not subject to restrictions by law for posts with the national guard service.
(2) the procedures for admission to the National Guard takes place, determined by the Minister of defence.
(3) a Person wishing to join the National Guard, from the date of filing to the date of conclusion of the contract for the service in the National Guard, is seen as the candidate of the militia.
(4) The militia may not be a person: 1) which is retired from the military or other national service for breaches of discipline;
2) which are suspected or accused of committing a criminal offence;
3) for which the entry into force of a judgment or conviction Prosecutor's statement about it;
4) which is located in the narkolog or the psychiatrist, who has a chronic mental disorders or equivalent positions or recognized as incapacitated;
5) which has been in the USSR, Latvian SSR, is or has been in the foreign security services, intelligence services or counterintelligence services of the State or non-employee, agent, or conspiratorial apartment resident holder.
15. article. The national guard post and logistic resources of the National Guard in dienoš list of professional service soldiers and militia ranks corresponding to the list of posts, as well as the National Guard unit staff and logistic resources list confirmed national armed forces Commander Defence Minister.
16. article. Militia appointment (1) the Militia appointed a list provided and the degree of service position.
(2) an officer in the militia are appointed by the Office of National Commander of the armed forces of the military service law.
(3) the highest instructor's post in the militia appointed commander of the National Guard.
(4) the rest of the instructors and militia posts are appointed by the National Guard militia unit commander.
(5) If service is necessary, with the consent of the militia he may appoint a lower position than down his rank, but not more than two orders of magnitude lower.
(6) the officer may be appointed for one rank higher and only in exceptional cases, with the consent of the Minister for defence: two degrees of higher post.
(7) an officer shall be appointed only for the officer.
(8) instructor and the composition of the militia of the militia can appoint one rank higher and only in exceptional cases, with the national armed forces Commander's consent: two degrees of higher post.
(9) the instructor and the composition of the militia may not appoint a militia officer.
Article 17. The transfer of the Militia of the militia can be transferred to other national guard unit, appointing an equivalent post if: 1) in a separate unit eliminates the posts or the unit reorganize;
2) militia has changed residence.
18. article. Missions (1) Militia may send a mission to determine the time of performance of duties or the exercise of a separate Minister for defence.
(2) the unit commander is entitled to send militia Mission in Latvia, but the Minister of defence and national armed forces Commander, also abroad.
(3) this article shall not apply to the militia, who participates in the international operation.
19. article. Verifying the militia (1) Militia is subject to certification, the purpose of which is to assess the conformity of the service over their requirements.
(2) the Militia at least attesting every three years, or in connection with the suggestions above post or rank assignment, if from the previous attestation has passed more than a year.
(3) the Commander is entitled to employ atestē only after six months of service in the National Guard joint.
(4) the attestation procedure is determined by the national armed forces Commander.
Chapter IV obligations of the Militia and the right article 20. The responsibilities of the General militia Militia general responsibilities are: 1) in good faith to meet the militia oath and with national guard concluded a contract for the service in the National Guard;
2) conscience the functions of military requirements and the rules of the legitimate orders of the Commander;
3) immediately report the direct commander of the circumstances that prevent be the militia or to fulfil official duties.
21. article. Militia general rights (1) the Militia has the right to appeal to the Court in respect of decisions taken by officials if they unduly restrict his rights or infringes upon his honor and respect and if he has used every opportunity to challenge the decision under the order of higher officials, including Defense Minister.
(2) the Militia has the right to submit complaints and suggestions concerning the running of the service. Complaint and suggestion submission and review procedures determined by the Minister of defence.
22. article. Militia law apply service firearm, physical force and special means (1) the Militia has the right to keep and carry a firearm of the service and the special features of the Minister for defence.
(2) when the militia shall carry out their duties, he shall be subject to the military service Act provisions on rights of soldiers to apply a service firearm, use physical force and special means.
Chapter v service award of degrees, and the subtraction of article 23. Rank (1) Militia have laid down the following ranks: 1) composition: militia militia, a senior militia;
2) Instructor: a) the most recent composition instructors: corporal, b) senior instructors: Sergeant, virsseržant, c) highest instructors: virsseržant headquarters, main virsseržant, higher virsseržant;
3) officer: Lieutenant, the first composition, the captain.
(2) the Militia ranks, which differs from the military service of soldiers set out in law degrees, equivalent to grades of soldiers: 1) — militia soldier;
2) senior militia — dižkareiv.
24. article. Rank (1) granting the National Guard take person with the transfer of personnel in units of the first rank: militia. The National Guard of the reserve soldiers and captured reservists to maintain the existing level of service.
(2) the militia rank: 1) granted to an officer rank — in the order laid down in the law on military service for a soldier;
2) the highest instructor rank — national armed forces Commander after the National Guard Commander;
3) General instructor rank: National Guard Commander after Commander of the unit;
4) militia ranks in the composition of the unit commander after the Division Commander.
(3) the Militia acquires the right to the next rank, if he complies with all the current rank, as well as individual rank requirements for grant, is positive and he is not attested in force penalty.
(4) the current rank is granted to: 1) militia after a certain period of time nodienēšan of the existing rank if post for higher rank;
2) on the battlefield and others merit (outstanding heroism, bravery, or the success of the battle and other tasks) before the retirement rank during the current or another law enforcement — as an award.
(5) the Militia for peace time rank assigned sequentially and in accordance with the conditions provided for in the law on military service of professional soldiers for the granting of degrees, except for rank "senior militia" militia which is granted not earlier than one year nodienēšan.
(6) giving the militia rank, service shall be calculated in accordance with article 7 of this law, the conditions for retirement.
(7) the Militia, who restored national guard service, saves the previous rank.
25. article. Grant of rank officer specialist (1) officer specialist may be militia that has academic or second level professional higher education in the specialty and who mastered the officer specialist it assimilated the Basic or other course.
(2) the Militia — officer professional rank assigned in the same order that the military service act for granting the ranks of soldiers — officer professional.
26. article. Ranks and restore to the militia
Militia robbed the rank, if he is convicted of a serious or particularly serious crime. In this case, the officer's rank robbed President, trainer higher rank — national armed forces Commander. The other instructor rank robbed the National Guard Commander, but the militia rank of the composition of the unit commander. Rank can only be restored in accordance with the judgment of the Court of Justice of the reabilitējoš militia.
Chapter VI-removal from post in the Militia and national guard service in the Treaty article 27 termination. Militia's removal from post (1) when the militia is proposed for investigation if he is suspect or accused of the crime and the location of the post in the militia can disrupt the investigation or official duties, to the matter can be suspended from his post.
(2) suspended militia of the position and, if necessary, to appoint an interim receiver may be the Commander who has the power to appoint the militia position, or higher Commander.
28. article. The maximum age for service in the National Guard (1), the maximum age for service in the National Guard is 55 years.
(2) in some cases, taking into account the needs of national defence, the National Guard Commander of the militia, who reached the first part of this article, national guard service in the maximum age and meets the requirements of this law, may extend the service in the National Guard for a period not exceeding five years.
29. article. The Treaty on the national guard service, termination and suspension of service (1) a contract for the service in the National Guard stop: 1) at the initiative of the militia;
2) after the National Guard initiative.
(2) where the contract for services is terminated before the term national guard by the militia, he at least a month in advance in writing inform the National Guard.
(3) the contract for the service in the National Guard after the National Guard initiative terminated, if the unit commander is revealed in this law, the fourth paragraph of article 14 of the said conditions, where the militia's State of health does not meet the requirements if the Service National Guard militia has reached the maximum age, as well as for discipline violations, if the punishment is exclusion from the National Guard.
(4) If a contract of service in the National Guard is terminated before the deadline, unless that contract termination for health reasons, the Cabinet's militia laid down in proportion to the days not time compensate for the spending part of his military training [including foreign education (courses) training expenses incurred which in helping Latvia, covered the foreign country], and pay him the equipment, issued equipment and uniforms of the residual value.
(5) if the militia takes up government officials position that statutory limitations do not allow you to connect to the service, the National Guard national guard service is stopped.
(6) after the termination of the contract for the service in the National Guard, the former militia laws duly credited by national armed forces reserve.
30. article. Goodwill (1) if the militia is prohibited from Office, suspend the service or termination of the contract concluded with him for service in the National Guard, he was Minister of defence duly handed to appointment of interim Executive all service in your possession documents and Government property. If the post is not appointed to the provisional Executive, suspended from Office by the militia of all services in your possession documents and State property transfer direct commander.
(2) if the militia is dead, died or disappeared forever, his heir shall pass to the National Guard in their holding material issued to the militia.
Chapter VII the Militia involvement in the national armed forces Commander defined object guard and participation in international operations and rapid reaction forces, article 31. Militia involvement of national armed forces Commander defined object Guard (1) If service is necessary, the National Guard in addition to this law, article 4 of the contract referred to in the second subparagraph on the service in the National Guard for a certain period of time, but not less than one year, may conclude with agreement on militia National Guard unit in the list of States included in the exercise of functions, to ensure the national armed forces Commander defined object security. The contents of the agreement and the procedure for closing down the Defense Minister.
(2) the Militia carrying out security tasks, are not exempt from the obligation to participate in a national guard training.
32. article. The militia involvement in international operations and rapid reaction forces (1) Militia membership in international operations or rapid reaction force log on a voluntary basis.
(2) participates in the international operation to the Militia or the rapid reaction force, closing additional contracts for training and participation in international operations or rapid reaction force. Contract content and the procedure for closing down the Defense Minister.
(3) the order in which the militia which for participation in international operations and the rapid reaction force, the Defense Minister.
(4) the Militia before participation in international operations or rapid reaction forces undergoing training courses in accordance with the laws and regulations that determine the order in which national armed forces prepared for participation in international operations and the rapid reaction force.
(5) the Militia has the right after returning from an international operation to occupy the same position in the National Guard, which he had before the membership in the international operation, or an equivalent post.
Chapter VIII the Militia supply and social guarantees article 33. Militia supply (1) Militia, their duties, is in part dependent on the State and are provided with uniforms. Each militia training and service tasks, you will receive the necessary services and equipment specified for the intake of a soldier or a refund. Supply conditions, rules and procedures will be provided with facilities militia funds governed by the Minister of defence, but the intake and the amount of the refund of the payment order, the Cabinet of Ministers.
(2) the Militia of the candidates and medical checks are carried out by militia of the State Minister for defence in the order: 1) of candidates before the militia is under contract for the service in the National Guard;
2) militia, not less frequently than once every five years.
(3) the Minister of Militia in the order covers the expenses that he incurred in using the public transport (except taxi) to go to training and to ensure fulfilment of the obligations of the service.
(4) the Militia to service the fulfilment of the necessary communications equipment ensure the National Guard unit for the Defence Minister.
34. article. Militia of social guarantees (1) for each national guard Militia tasks or training days-up to 30 days a year, except for days that the militia shall carry out this law, article 31 and 32 at specific tasks: compensation is paid from the Defence Ministry to the State budget. The amount of the refund and the cost of the procedure determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(2) the Militia in the first paragraph of this article shall be paid compensation, even if he's under this law, article 6 of the third subparagraph of paragraph 1, the conditions of service are involved in the performance of tasks more than 30 days a year.
(3) If the National Guard militia, the performance of the tasks or participating in training, suffered damage to health, he is entitled to receive paid health care. The conditions of receipt, pay health care service types and billing, as well as health care services and the non-billable expenses determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(4) if the militia for service during or after the termination of the contract for the service in the National Guard, certain disability such injury (mutilation, concussion) gained in the execution of the tasks of the national guard or attending a training course, or the illness caused is associated with tasks or the National Guard presence in training, he paid the lump-sum allowance established for soldiers.
(5) If the National Guard militia, the performance of the tasks or participating in training, suffered health damage, but has not become disabled, he shall be paid a single allowance specified soldier health in case of damage.
(6) if the militia died, fulfilling the National Guard tasks, or attending a training course, or the year after, died of injuries suffered the injury (mutilation, concussion) gained in the execution of tasks or participating in a national guard training, she did not direct heirs of certain lump-sum benefits for soldiers.
(7) the Militia who died in service or dead during the performance of the national guard or attending a training course, bury on public funds. In this case, is installed after the Defence Minister confirmed the sample created in the soldier's grave monument. If you set up different, not the tombstone of a soldier, the Defence Ministry covers that portion of expenditure which corresponds to the soldier's grave monument. With the militia and soldiers of the burial grave monument installation types and related expenses shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. From the national guard service retired National Guard militia, which the nodienēj had not less than 20 years, bury, showing military honor and tribute to the Defence Minister.
(8) the Militia in case of death of or injury (mutilation, concussion) causes the relation to direct the National Guard tasks or participation in training is determined by professional examination. Accidents (damage) is deemed not to be linked to the National Guard tasks or participate in training and allowance shall not be paid if they found suicide or attempt, alcohol or other intoxicating products in breach of the laws, or the militia indecent conduct.
(9) the losses caused to the property of his militia service tasks or presence training, recoverable in full from the Defense Ministry to the national budget. Procedures for the payment of compensation shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(10) provided in this article, the benefits shall be calculated on the basis of the salary provided for the position's rank according to the seniority of the soldier.
(11) This statutory social protection Ministry from the State budget.
(12) this article provides the procedures for the payment of benefits is not in force during the war.
(13) the investigation procedure and General accident, which, in the exercise of the national authorities, militia, suffered in the Cabinet.
35. article. Militia supply and social guarantees, audits of national armed forces Commander defined object security (1) the performance of this law, article 31 of the posts referred to in the first subparagraph shall, in addition to the statutory scheme of the militia and social guarantees, the militia is entitled to: 1) salary according to the position the degree to a specific service and retirement;
2) paid annual leave: 30 calendar days, excluding holidays, and vacation benefits, monthly salary, the annual leave.
(2) when the militia Act article 31 of this law in the first part of these duties, he shall be subject to the rights of the soldier to maternity leave, parental leave and leave for the child's father.
(3) on the day when the militia carried out the duties of a security guard, he does not receive the intake or the refund.
36. article. Militia supply and social guarantees, his participation in international operations or rapid reaction forces (1) training course before the membership in international operations or rapid reaction force militia receives the salary provided for the position's rank according to the seniority of the soldier.
(2) the Militia, who participates in the international operation, in addition to the statutory scheme of the militia and social guarantees (except article 34 of this law of compensation referred to in the first paragraph) receive: 1) salary provided for the position's rank according to the seniority of the soldier, as well as the Cabinet intended to benefit soldiers for participation in international operations;
2) social guarantee a certain soldier, others with participation in international operations and related health care.
(3) the Militia who take part in rapid reaction force outside the territory of Latvia, in addition to the statutory scheme of the militia and social guarantees (except article 34 of this law of compensation referred to in the first paragraph) receive: 1) salary provided for the position's rank according to the seniority of the soldier, as well as the Cabinet's expected bonus of participation soldier rapid reaction force;
2) social guarantee a certain soldier, others with participation in international operations and related health care.
(4) the Militia, who participates in the rapid reaction force in the territory of Latvia, in addition to the statutory scheme of the militia and social guarantees (except for this law, article 33, first paragraph and article 34 compensation referred to in the first paragraph) receives 50 percent of the third part of this article referred to in paragraph 1.
(5) if the militia died, national armed forces troops participating in the international composition of the operation in accordance with the mandate approved by the international organization or participating in the international operation in which participation by the parliamentary decision, or participation in rapid reaction force outside the territory of Latvia, she did not direct heirs of certain lump-sum benefits for soldiers, according to the post and militia service.
(6) if the militia, participating in international operations or rapid reaction forces, suffered health damage or disease or died, the benefits provided in this article, taking into account the militia posts and retirement, he was the basis for places in Latvia before being sent to the international operation, or the rapid reaction force.
Chapter IX uniform wearing article 37. The wearing of uniform rules (1) Militia, in the exercise of their duties, must be present at the service card and must wear a soldier's uniform with the National Guard distinctive signs.
(2) the National Guard marks and their use, as well as the uniforms worn by the order approved by the Defense Minister.
(3) the Militia has the right to wear a soldier's uniform national holidays, Memorial days and celebrated, as well as military activities.
(4) the Militia while in foreign countries, banned from wearing military uniforms (except when he performs the foreign service mission, in which a soldier wearing a uniform is intended).
(5) the Militia to be permitted to wear military uniforms and used National Guard distinguishing marks, take the political activities and participation in political parties, associations and Foundation held events (except when he performs the tasks of the service).
38. article. Former militia the right to wear a uniform (1) If the contract is terminated for militia service, the National Guard Commander, he may be granted the right to wear a soldier's uniform: 1) for special services to the National Guard and the public good;
2 exemplary services for National Guard);
3) If a contract of service in the National Guard terminated the illness or disability in the performance of guard services;
4) going to the National Guard veteran status.
(2) the former militia has the right to wear the uniforms of the soldiers within its ranks only holiday, Memorial Day, and celebrated as well as military activities.
(3) wearing a soldier's uniform, the former militia shall carry out the relevant regulations and uniform wearing, as well as comply with the General rules of decency and military discipline.
(4) If a former militia's failure to comply with a soldier's uniform wear rules or with improper behavior included the discredited National Guard, the National Guard Commander, he can take away the right to wear a soldier's uniform.
Chapter x the Militia and responsibility award article 39. Awards (1) to celebrate the success of the service or the militia battle grounds, establishes the following honours: 1) praise and Thanksgiving;
2) prize money and other valuable prizes;
National Guard godazīm, 3) honor articles and medals;
4) officers: a personal firearm or cold weapon;
5) early increases in rank for battle merit or other merit.
(2) the Militia Awards procedures determined by the Minister of defence.
40. article. The liability of the militia (1) unlawful actions of militia called to disciplinary action, administrative or criminal liability, and the liability of his recovered compensation for material damage caused by the laws.
(2) if the loss of national guard or other national armed forces unit with the militia suffered harm or his unlawful, perfect result not related to service in the militia, responsible for all losses incurred by national armed forces unit.
Article 41. Loss reimbursement procedure to pay the National Guard Militia or other national armed forces for damage caused to the unit. With the national armed forces militia, in agreement to cover damages, you can put the equivalent case or repair damage.
Article 42. (1) no disciplinary action For violations of military discipline of the militia the following disciplinary measures applicable to: 1) reprimand;
2 arrest and 10 daily). Lien applies to long-term training or professional tasks, and can be applied for no longer than up to this training or service tasks;
3) warning non-compliance post;
5) refunds or pay cuts to 20 percent for a period not exceeding six months;
6) the exclusion from the National Guard.
(2) the international operations of the military discipline of the militia abuses in military service applicable to statutory disciplinary action, in the service of professional soldiers.
(3) military discipline and the procedures established by the Cabinet of Ministers.
Chapter XI National Guard veterans in article 43. The National Guard veteran status (1) former militia and from professional service retired soldiers who reached the age of 55 or declared invalid service physical fitness or health reasons, but wants to maintain links with the National Guard, the Minister of defence duly obtained National Guard veteran status.
(2) For the National Guard veterans may not be the person who, in accordance with article 14 of this law, in the fourth paragraph, these circumstances can not to serve in the National Guard.
44. article. The National Guard veterans tasks (1) National Guard Veterans ' task is to pass on their knowledge and experience to maintain high moral and patriotic spirit in the National Guard, in support of the Jaunsardz movement and preserve the historical traditions, to support the training of militia and national guard unit to participate in sports and cultural events.
(2) in time of war the National Guard Commander, has the right to attract veterans of the National Guard in the performance of tasks.
(3) in addition to the tasks set out in this article by the National Guard veterans initiatives the unit commander may also involve her other tasks.
(4) the National Guard veteran Association, principles of operation and the order in which the National Guard veterans are involved in the performance of tasks, determined by the Minister of defence.
Article 45. The National Guard veterans operating activities (1) the National Guard veterans in national guard consists of Veterans associations and their activities coordinated by the unit commander.
(2) the National Guard Veterans Association financed from the national budget assigned to the National Guard.
(3) the National Guard veterans operation run by veterans, which appointed the National Guard Commander.
(4) the National Guard Veteran boss receives a salary prescribed by the Cabinet of Ministers and about.
(5) National Guard veterans are entitled to wear the uniforms of this law, in article 37.
Transitional provisions 1. With the entry into force of this Act shall terminate the law "on the National Guard of the Republic of Latvia (Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1993, 16/17.nr.; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, no. 13; 1995, no 2; 1996, no. 14; in 1997, 2., no. 8; 2000, no. 20; 2001, nr. 1; 2002, no. 16; 2003, no. 22; 2004, no. 2; 2006, no. 1, 24; 2008, no 3).
2. the Cabinet of Ministers regulations for entry into force, but not longer than until 1 October 2010 we are in effect the Cabinet on 8 April 2008, Regulation No 245 of "rules on the amount and the order in which the militia and national guard veterans sub-unit commanders paid national guard service tasks or training day compensation and remuneration for service tasks outside of the contractual time."
3. With the entry into force of this law, the National Guard veterans who want to continue to carry out this Act article 44 the tasks required, saves the veteran status, but until the 2010 October 1 are excluded from the National Guard staff list.
4. Before the date of entry into force of the law to the militia in the case of contracts concluded on the national guard service is valid until January 1, 2015. According to this law, article 4 of the third paragraph of the Treaty are being switched from 1 October 2010 to January 1, 2015.
5. the licences which have been issued to the militia the entry into force of this law, shall be valid until January 1, 2015.
6. Until 31 December 2011, in calculating the remuneration and compensation militia (except in international operations or rapid reaction forces engage in militia) are taken on the basis of the base salaries of soldiers in the first year of retirement.
7. Article 7 of this law, part of the third factor does not apply to the service by the militia of the nodienēj to this law into force.
8. Article 6 of this law, the fourth paragraph 4 subparagraph on an employer's obligation to release the National Guard militia involved in the service of the work duties enter into force simultaneously with the amendments to the law "on enterprise income tax", which provides tax relief to employers, while militia is participating in international operations or rapid reaction forces, and then the required training.
9. By 2010 31 December the establishment plan of the National Guard in addition to article 13 of this law the persons referred to in the Bill from military personnel.
The law shall enter into force on September 1, 2010.
The Parliament adopted the law of 6 May 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 26 May 2010 in
Search Translated Laws of Latvia