Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/210628
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: amended military retirement pension Act to make military retirement pension Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 8; 2000, no. 9; 2001, nr. 1; 2005, nr. 2, 14; 2006, no. 13; 2007, nr. 24; 2008, nr. 10; 2009, 14, 22 No.; Latvian journal, 2009, 200. No.) the following amendments: 1. To supplement article 13 with the third subparagraph by the following: "(3) the beneficiary of the pension in the event of the death of the surviving spouse, based on his request, granted and paid in a lump sum payment of two deceased spouse pension amount. The right to a lump-sum benefit is if the deceased spouse's death the surviving spouse's age, disability or retirement pension beneficiary and death occurred after June 1, 2010. Entitlement to benefits is when it is requested, within 12 months of the deceased spouse's death. "
2. transitional provisions: turn 14, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22 and 23;
transitional provisions be supplemented with 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30 of the following paragraph: "25. Persons who, during the period from July 1, 2009 until May 31, 2010 in accordance with the provisions of this Act granted a retirement pension received a limited 90 percent or 30 percent of the amount of the retirement pension granted, withheld (not received) a portion of a retirement pension paid by the Ministry of defence in July 2010, along with the July retirement pension.
26. The retirement pension in case of death of the beneficiary during the period from July 1, 2009 to 31 May 2010 due to him (not received) a portion of a retirement pension are entitled to a retirement pension of the spouse of the beneficiary, the first and second degree relatives, but another person — on certificates of inheritance or court ruling.
27. Individual income tax rate applicable to the portion of a retirement pension to be recovered for the period from July 1, 2009 until December 31, 2009 is 23 percent.
28. If the payroll tax, which were submitted to the Ministry of defence staff Department of Social Development Department's record for entitlement to tax relief or tax incentives, these additional benefits be taken into account in calculating the refundable tax on the portion of the retirement pension.
29. a Person who has paid the refundable portion of the retirement pension for the period from July 1, 2009 until December 31, and who wish to submit voluntary annual declaration of income for 2009, State revenue is presented in the following refundable part of the retirement pension.
30. the Person who has paid the refundable portion of the retirement pension for the period from July 1, 2009 until December 31, and in accordance with the law "on personal income tax" must submit an annual declaration of income of the State revenue service no later than the year following the tax year 1 April, adjusted annual income statement for 2009 national revenue submitted by august 1, 2010 and no later than 16 august 2010 contributions to the budget of the calculated tax amount but, if the calculated tax amount exceeding 450 lats, the person can be a budget three times — up to 16 august, 16 September and 16 October, by payment each time a third of that amount. "
The law shall enter into force on 1 June 2010.
The Parliament adopted the law of 13 May 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 26 May 2010 in
Search Translated Laws of Latvia