Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/211017
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the Highway Traffic Act to make the Highway Traffic Act (the Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, nr. 22; 2000, 3, 14, 15; 2001, nr. 6. No; 2003, 17; 2005, nr. 13. No; 2006, 2. No; 2007, 3, 7, 21; 2008, 13. no no; 2009, 1, 7, 14. no) the following amendments: 1. Replace the entire law, the word "impression" (fold) with the word "impact" (fold).
2. in article 4: replace the fifth subparagraph, first sentence, the words "State police" with the words "Ministry of Interior Information Center";
Add to article 5.1 part as follows: "(51) road traffic safety Directorate supports the activities of the Riga Motor Museum, maintain and develop the Museum's National Museum inventory as inventory of components, provides the value of the Museum public access, perform scientific research and public education."
3. turn off 4.1 in the third subparagraph, the words "and marketing the site operator shall issue a certificate of registration" and the words "and outlets shall be issued a certificate of registration".
4. in article 9: Supplement to article 2.1 part as follows: "(21) when a vehicle mounted device for a bicycle or additional baggage for transportation, and this device is to be transported in baggage or obscure the number sign, vehicle can further assign with identical symbols denote the number sign, if it is intended by the manufacturer of the device place the plate for installation.";
make the fifth subparagraph of paragraph 3 as follows: "3) person in gainful employment abroad or enrolling in a training institution or company, which is located abroad, or foreign countries doing business as a sole proprietor or self-employed person;".
5. in article 10: Supplement to article 2.1 part as follows: "(21) a Person who is not a Latvian citizen or non-citizen and who has not received registration certificates issued in Latvia, a permanent residence card or residence permit, the vehicle can be registered in Latvia for a period up to six months."
off the seventh paragraph, the words "and" bike ";
to complement the eighth paragraph 3 with the following: "3) logging truck whose dimensions exceed certain traffic rules.";
to complement the ninth subparagraph, the first sentence after the words "to" with the words "or the" show;
to complement the ninth part of the second sentence, the words "and if the plate number is suspected of counterfeiting of marks".
6. Add to article 10.2 of the law with the following: ' article 10.2. Bicycle registration (1) registration of bicycles is voluntary, and road traffic allowed to participate also with unregistered bikes.
(2) the registration of Bicycles made road safety Directorate.
(3) in relation to bicycles not applicable legal framework laid down in this chapter 9, 10, 10.1, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 15.1, 16 and 17.
(4) the order in which the bicycle registration takes place shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
7. in article 11: turn off the first part of paragraph 3;
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) If the registration of the vehicle from the owner (the seizure) to another person (acquirer) is done by both parties or their authorised persons going to the road traffic safety Directorate or national technical supervision agency, property right certificate is not required to submit the proposed acquirer. These cases relate only to the vehicle previously registered in Latvia and that winners will be issued a certificate of registration. "
8. Add to article 21, the first part of the sentence the following wording: "the power is not to be submitted, if the registered owner of the vehicle and the driver of the vehicle in the national register did mark the assigned authority for disposal of the vehicle or the transfer of ownership of the vehicle purchaser."
9. in article 22: Supplement to article 2.1 part as follows: "(21) intended for the carriage of dangerous goods vehicle driver training procedures, and procedures for obtaining a driver's license issuance, Exchange and restore order is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.";
Add to article 3.1 part as follows: "(31) the operator and the education authority, which wants to deal with the training of drivers of vehicles must receive training. Learning card is the document that gives the right to engage in the specified categories of vehicle driver training in specific training and certifying that the premises meet the regulatory requirements. Learning card is issued to road traffic safety Directorate, implements driver training-State technical supervision of the Agency. "
10. Replace the fourth part of article 25, in the second sentence, the words ' the institution specified in the decision "with the words" road traffic safety Directorate, national technical supervisory agency or State police ".
11. Article 30: turn off the second part of paragraph 5, the words "for one year";
Add to the second part of paragraph 7 as follows: "7) driving licences is stolen or lost and 30 days from the date of registration of the vehicle information and the head of the national registry does not receive a new driver's license."
12. the seventh paragraph of article 43.2: Add to part with a new first sentence as follows: "the decision on the application of the fine takes effect when drawing up this decision. ';
consider the first and second sentences respectively for the second and third sentence.
13. To make the third paragraph of article 27.1 point 6 in the following wording: "6) indication of the pārkāptaj law (legislative act article, or the part thereof);".
The Parliament adopted the law of 13 May 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 1 June 2010 in
Search Translated Laws of Latvia