Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/212397
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: law on protection of plant varieties in the plant variety protection Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 12; 2006, nr. 1; 2007, nr. 3) the following amendments: 1. To make article 14, the second subparagraph by the following: "(2) the application shall indicate the date when the payment of the State fee. The application shall be accompanied by the following documents: 1) the description of the variety;
2) authorisation if the applicant is not the breeder;
3) documents referred to in article 15 of this law if the konvencijprioritāt is sought. "
2. Express article 18 as follows: "article 18. Breed test (1) the cabinet shall determine any organized or performed a variety concerning the appraisal of its distinctness, uniformity and stability, and take a decision on the recognition of the result of the examination of the variety.
(2) the provisions concerning the variety verification methodology of crop species for which this test is carried out in Latvia and which is not designed for the Community plant variety Office (CVP) breed test protocol or the International Union for the protection of new varieties of plants (UPOV) breed test guidelines issued by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
3. Express article 20 second paragraph as follows: "(2) the variety name corresponds to the International Union for the protection of new varieties of plants (UPOV) and the European Union's regulatory requirements."
4. Express article 22 (1) of the following: 1) the applicant, of the breeder and the extension Award; ".
5. Article 35 be expressed as follows: "article 35. The provision of information on the use of the protected variety (1) agricultural producers by the breeder or seed establishment in the rights owner or authorized agent request provides information on propagating material of the protected variety in the production, reproduction, production and sales.
(2) national plant protection services after the breeder's right or the authorized representative of the owner of the request, provide information about the protected varieties for propagation material prepared by the trade.
(3) rural support service after the breeder's right or the authorized representative of the owner of the request, provide the information on article 24 of this law in the first part of the species listed in the area of agricultural production. "
6. the supplement to chapter III article 35.1 as follows: "article 35.1. The farmers Association of breeders of the cooperation in the field of the protection of the rights of the breeder the right owner or authorized representative determines the annual remuneration for the use of the variety protected by mutual agreement with the farmer's society. "
7. transitional provisions be supplemented with 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 in paragraph by the following: "5. The Cabinet of Ministers until 2010 December issue 1 article 18 of this law the provisions referred to in the first paragraph. To the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations of issue, but no longer than up to 2010 December 1 apply to the Cabinet of Ministers of 28 March 2006, the Regulation No. 243 "order in which organized or carried out the examination of the variety and take a decision on the recognition of the result of the examination of the variety", as long as they do not conflict with this Act.
6. the examination of the Varieties that started before July 1, 2010, completed in accordance with the laws in force at the initiation of the varieties.
7. Amendments to this law, article 22, paragraph 1, as regards State fee for the extension of the right of the breeder shall enter into force on December 1, 2011.
8. The Cabinet of Ministers until 2010 December issue 1 article 18 of this law referred to in that subparagraph krūmcidonij of the rules for the conduct of tests for distinctness, homogeneity and stability testing methodology. To the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations of issue, but no longer than up to 2010 December 1 apply to the Cabinet of Ministers of 9 February 2010. the Regulation No. 126 "Krūmcidonij of distinctness, uniformity and stability testing methodology", in so far as they do not conflict with this Act.
9. The Cabinet of Ministers to 2012 December 1 article 18 of this law shall be issued in the second part of these provisions, except for the transitional provisions laid down in point 8 of the regulations on crop species of distinctness, uniformity and stability methodology. "
The law shall enter into force on July 1, 2010.
The Parliament adopted the law of June 17, 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 June 29
Search Translated Laws of Latvia