Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/212504
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: law on the management of end-of life vehicles to make the end-of life vehicles Management Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2004, nr. 5; 2005, no. 9) follows: 1. Replace the entire law, the word "recycling" (fold) with the word "repeated" (fold).
2. in article 1: Add to article 2.1 and 2.2 of the point as follows: "21): activities that components of end-of life vehicles used their original purpose;
22) energy recovery — waste incineration to generate energy using waste combustion heat; "
to supplement the article with points 3.1 and 3.2 as follows: "31) preventive measures — measures taken to reduce end-of life vehicles, their materials and substances and harmful effects on the environment; 32) processing, the production process, excluding energy recovery, the aim of which is to obtain materials from waste for use in their original or other purpose;"
make paragraph 4 by the following: ' — the vehicle manufacturer 4) constructor or the person according to their own economic activities of the imported vehicles to a member of the European Union. "
3. Supplement article 4 paragraph 5 with the following: "5) as increased use of recycled materials in vehicles and other products."
4. Supplement to chapter III, article 5.1 by the following: ' article 5.1. End-of life vehicles collection system to economic operators, manufacturers, distributors, insurers or the merchant, dealing with the end-of life vehicles, their components and materials collection, dismantling, shredding, recovery, recycling or other forms of treatment — set up systems for the collection of all end-of-life vehicles, which also provides a possible car repairs during the break used parts collection, or participate in them. "
5. in article 8: turn off the title, the words ' and importers ';
turn off the first part;
replace the second paragraph, the words "vehicle Builder" with the word "manufacturer";
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the cabinet shall determine the period and the extent to which economic operators provide end-of life vehicles (except special vehicles, ambulances, hearses, trucks vans or motorised vehicles), their material and component reuse, recycling and recovery."
6. Replace article 9, second paragraph, the words "environmental Ministry" with the words "national environmental service for the regional environmental governance".
7. Turn off the article 10.
8. in article 12: Supplement to article 1.1 part as follows: "(11) Informational materials issued by the placing on the market of new vehicles, this article include the information referred to in the first subparagraph.";
replace the third paragraph, the words "the second time" by the word "reiterates".
9. Make article 13 and 14 by the following: ' article 13. The information provided by the company to the processing end-of life vehicles (1) the processing of end-of life vehicles the company report for the previous calendar year shall be submitted each year to the March 1 national environmental authorities concerned to regional environmental authority or the economic operator to whom the task of these accounts accept delegated Environment Ministry through delegation agreements Government installations in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law. The Cabinet of Ministers shall determine the information to be included in the report and review the sample form.
(2) the first paragraph of this article with respect to the economic operator then the delegated tasks: accepting end-of life vehicles operator accounts for the previous calendar year — is under the Ministry of the environment.
14. article. Information to the public and the European Commission (1) the national environmental service or the merchant to whom the task is delegated to the Ministry of the environment, closing the delegation contract Government machine in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law, collect information on end-of-life vehicles operator accounts and prepare a report for the European Commission in accordance with the prescribed form of the message. The European Commission provided information is freely available to the public. Ministry of the environment of the information referred to in its homepage on the internet.
(2) the first paragraph of this article with respect to the economic operator then delegated the task of compiling information on end-of-life vehicles operator accounts and prepare a report for the European Commission in accordance with the prescribed form of the message — is under the Ministry of the environment. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 10 June 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2010 g. at 30 June
Search Translated Laws of Latvia