Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/212616
The Saeima has adopted and the President issued the following law: amendments to the law "on pollution" make law "on pollution" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2001, no. 9; 2002, 16; 2004, nr. 2. No; 2005; 2006, nr. 5, 9. No; 2007, 21, no no, 12, 2009; Latvian journal, 2009, 205. No.) the following amendments: 1. Turn off the article 18, paragraph 1, third subparagraph.
2. in article 24.1: Supplement to article 2.1 and 2.2 of part as follows: "(21) in determining equipment nominal heat capacity that you enter to determine compliance with this Act of the equipment listed in annex 2 of the polluting activities, the amount of all the technical units (such as boilers, combustion chamber, turbines, heaters, fires, incinerators, roasting ovens, other types of ovens, kilns, dryers, engines, fuel cells, chemical combustion and carbon capture blocks , burners, thermal or catalytic post-combustion plants equipment) rated thermal input, which is a part of the equipment and the burnt fuel. Totals: 1) shall not be taken into account in the technical units with a rated thermal input is entered up to three megawatts;
2) technical unit in which fuels are used as renewable energy sources, but other fuels-only unit start-up or termination.
(22) If this Act is in annex 2 these indicators are exceeded, the greenhouse gas emissions permit shall include all technical unit in which fuels are burned, except for the technical unit for hazardous waste and municipal waste combustion. ";
to complement the fourth paragraph by the words "and plants as fuel use renewable energy sources, but other fuels — only the equipment start-up or stop."
3. in article 32.1: put the name of the article as follows: "article 32.1. Emissions allocation plans and equipment list ";
replace the first paragraph, the words "the fifth part of" with the words and figures "fifth part 1 and 2";
replace the third paragraph 13, the words and figures "fifth in points 2 and 3 the words" and "fifth" in paragraph 2;
to supplement the article with the fifth, sixth and seventh subparagraph by the following: "(5) the Ministry of the environment and development, the Cabinet of Ministers approved equipment list for each article of this Law 24.1 fifth period referred to in paragraph 3.
(6) the list of Equipment includes stationary technological equipment, which made this law, referred to in annex 2 of the polluting activities, as well as in technological equipment, which issued its greenhouse gas emissions permit of this law, in the third paragraph of article 24.1. Equipment list development, according to European Union emission allowance allocation and it determines the annual free emission allowance allocation between operators. To prepare a list of equipment, operators, according to the Ministry of the Environment Ministry of the environment provides for the request the information needed to calculate the free allocation of allowances for the plants.
(7) the list of equipment when it is approved by the Cabinet of Ministers, Ministry of the environment shall submit it for approval to the European Commission. "
4. in article 32.2: Add to the first paragraph, after the word "plan" with the words "or" list of equipment;
to make the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) for new equipment received a greenhouse gas emissions permit: 1) after the distribution plan was submitted to the European Commission and not included in the distribution plan, as well as equipment, which changes the transaction according to the greenhouse gas emissions permit conditions planned for higher greenhouse gas emissions, emission allowances allocated in the distribution plan. Ministry of the environment shall take a decision on the allocation of allowances to the operator concerned, pursuant to this law, the third subparagraph of article 32.1 3, 4, 8, 9 and 12. framework conditions referred to in paragraph 1;
2) after submission of the list of equipment, the European Commission and which are not included in the list of equipment as well as equipment, which changes the transaction according to the greenhouse gas emissions permit conditions planned for higher greenhouse gas emissions, emission quotas allocated in accordance with European Union emission allowance allocation. Ministry of the environment shall take a decision on the allocation of allowances to the operator concerned, subject to the legislation of the European Union emission allocation. ";
express the sixth part as follows: "(6) the public limited liability company" Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Centre "each year to 28 February, greenhouse gas emission unit register allocated emission allowances to the operator and the operator accounts and national accounts emission allowance auction under the European Commission's list of approved equipment, Ministry of the environment decision on the allocation of allowances and the European Union law emission allowance auction."
5. Turn off the first part of article 32.3 the words and figures "starting with 1 January 2013".
6. in article 20.4: Add to the article with the second, third and fourth subparagraph by the following: "(2) if the operator carries out one or more Annex 2 of this law, referred to in chapter II of the polluting activities with equipment other than those mentioned in this law, 2. in chapter I of the annex (hereinafter referred to as new pollutants), operator of the national environmental service shall be submitted in writing to complete and verified data on the plant emitted greenhouse gas emissions of the polluting activities referred to in this law, 2. in chapter II of the annex. The data shall be submitted for each calendar year during the period from 2005 to 2009 (inclusive), taking into account the period in which the plant complies with this law, 2. in chapter II of the annex to the said conditions.
(3) the national environmental service shall decide on the second part of the data referred to in the approval. Data checks and approves, subject to the requirement that the annual report on greenhouse gas emissions testing and approval of regulations laid down for the procedure in the monitoring of emissions of greenhouse gases, as well as being checked and approved the annual report on greenhouse gas emissions.
(4) the national environment service collects and submits to the Ministry of the environment in the second part of that information on new polluting activities, and the Ministry of the environment, this information shall be submitted to the European Commission. ";
believe the current text of article about the first part.
7. transitional provisions: exclude paragraph 5;
Express 12. point as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers to 12, 2011 September 30 approved equipment list for the period from 1 January 2013 to 31 December 2020.";
transitional provisions be supplemented by 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27 the following: ' article 23 of this law and 2.1 15.0 amendment article 24.1 of the fourth part of the plants as fuel use renewable energy sources, but other fuels — only the equipment start-up or termination, shall enter into force on January 1, 2013.
24. This law, the first paragraph of article 32.3 conditions aircraft operator launched by January 1, 2013.
25. in article 20.4 of the Act referred to in the second subparagraph the national environmental data service required under European Union legislation, greenhouse gas emissions monitoring.
26. This law, in the fourth paragraph of article 20.4 the information referred to in the Ministry of the environment shall be submitted to the European Commission by 30 June 2010.
27. the Cabinet of Ministers until 2011 January 1 issued the rules on the protection of water and soil from agricultural activities pollution by nitrates and on particularly sensitive sites, subject to the requirements of protection from increased pollution by nitrates. Until the new Cabinet after the date of entry into force of the provisions, but not longer than until 1 January 2011 is in effect the Cabinet of 18 December 2001 Regulation No. 531 of the "regulations on the protection of water and soil from agricultural activity with nitrate pollution", in so far as they do not conflict with this Act. "
8. Add to the informative reference to European Union directive with the following version of paragraph 13: "13) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2009. directive 2009/29/EC amending Directive 2003/87/EC is amended in order to improve and extend the Community greenhouse gas emission allowance trading system (text with EEA relevance)".
9. Make annex 2 as follows: "the law" on pollution "annex 2 polluting activity (installations) that require a greenhouse gas emissions permit i. actions causing Polluting installations that require greenhouse gas emissions permits by 2012 December 31 no transactions causing pollutant p.k. facility greenhouse gas Energy 1:1) combustion plants with a rated thermal input exceeding entered 20 megawatts, except hazardous or municipal waste incineration plant carbon dioxide 2) mineral oil purification and refining equipment carbon dioxide 3) coke ovens carbon dioxide 2.
Ferrous metal production and processing: 1) equipment for metal ores, sulphide ores, also burning and melt for obtaining carbon dioxide 2) equipment for cast iron or steel or re-melting the first, including the continued spilling with a capacity exceeding 2.5 tonnes per hour of carbon dioxide 3. Minerals: 1) equipment of cement clinker in rotary kilns, which production capacity exceeding 500 tonnes per day of production, or lime in rotary kilns having a production capacity exceeding 50 tonnes per day of production, or other types of furnaces for the production of lime production capacity exceeding 50 tonnes per day carbon dioxide output 2) equipment glass, including glass fibre production, with a melting capacity exceeding 20 tonnes per day carbon dioxide 3) equipment fired clay products, including roofing tiles, bricks, refractory bricks, tiles, pattern, or China, where production capacity exceeding 75 tonnes per day of finished products or firing the oven volume is greater than four cubic metres and a roasting oven You can insert more than 300 kilograms production per oven cubic metres of carbon dioxide 4. other sectors: 1) equipment production of pulp from timber or other fiber in carbon dioxide 2) installations for the production of paper or paperboard, whose production capacity exceeding 20 tonnes per day production of carbon dioxide II. Pollutant activities that require greenhouse gas emissions permits from 2013 January 1 no PO box
The operation of polluting greenhouse gases 1. Fuel combustion facilities with a total rated thermal input exceeding entered 20 megawatt (except hazardous or municipal waste incinerators) carbon dioxide 2. Mineral oil refining and refining carbon dioxide 3. Coke production carbon dioxide 4. metal ores, sulphide ores, also firing or melt, including carbon dioxide pellet 5. Cast iron or steel first or repeated fusion , including the continued spilling up to total capacity of 2.5 tonnes per hour of carbon dioxide 6. Ferrous metal, Ferro, also manufacturing or processing that uses combustion units with a total rated thermal input exceeding entered 20 megawatts. Processing are also used for rolling floors, steam Super-heaters, tempering furnaces, mints, foundry, coating and pickling of carbon dioxide 7. Primary aluminum production carbon dioxide and perfluorocarbons 8. Secondary aluminium production, which are used in combustion units with a total rated thermal input exceeding entered 20 megawatts of carbon dioxide 9. Non-ferrous metals or alloys, also, refining, casting and the like that used in the incineration unit total rated thermal input entered including heat capacity entered the fuel, which is used as a reducing agent, exceeds 20 megawatts of carbon dioxide 10. cement clinker in rotary kilns, which production capacity exceeding 500 tonnes per day of production, or other types of furnaces, having a production capacity exceeding 50 tonnes per day carbon dioxide 11. Lime production, as well as dolomite or magnesite in rotary kilns for firing or other types of furnaces, having a production capacity exceeding 50 tonnes per day carbon dioxide 12. glass also glass fibre production plant, with a melting capacity exceeding 20 tonnes per day carbon dioxide 13. Fired clay products, including roofing tiles, bricks, refractory bricks, tiles, pattern or porcelain, production, production capacity exceeding 75 tonnes per day carbon dioxide 14.
Mineral wool insulating materials using glass, stone or slag with smelting capacity exceeding 20 tonnes per day carbon dioxide 15. Plaster drying or roasting or dry plaster ģipškarton boards and other gypsum products, where the combustion units used in the total rated thermal input exceeding entered 20 megawatts of carbon dioxide 16. Pulp of wood or other pulp carbon dioxide 17. Paper or paperboard production production, production capacity exceeding 20 tonnes per day for the carbon dioxide production, 18 carbon from the organic substances containing materials as oil, tar, cracker and distillation residues, where combustion units used in the total rated thermal input exceeding entered 20 megawatts of carbon dioxide 19. Nitric acid production of carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide 20. Adipīnskāb production of carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide and Glyoxal glioksālskāb 21. production of carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide production 22 Ammonia carbon dioxide chemicals 23 organic volume production of cracking , Division, partial or full oxidation or similar processes with production capacity exceeding 100 tonnes per day carbon dioxide 24. Hydrogen (H2) and synthesis gas by reforming or partial manufacture of the oxidation process with a production capacity exceeding 25 tonnes per day carbon dioxide 25. sodium carbonate (Na2CO3) and sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) production of carbon dioxide greenhouse gas 26 capture of technological equipment, in which one or more of the pollutants referred to in this annex, action to this gas transported and stored in geological structures installed in the storage where storage is allowed in accordance with the laws and regulations on the use of the subsoils and polluting activities carbon dioxide 27. Greenhouse gas transport by pipeline to the geological structure in the construction of the storage location where storage is allowed in accordance with the laws and regulations on the use of the subsoils and polluting activities carbon dioxide 28. Greenhouse gas storage in geological structures installed in the place of storage where storage is allowed in accordance with the laws and regulations on the use of the subsoils and polluting activities of carbon dioxide "law shall enter into force on July 5, 2010.
The Parliament adopted the law of June 17, 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 on July 2.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia