Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/212762
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on the amendments to the Fisheries Act (Fisheries do Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1995, no. 11; 1997, no. 22; 1998; 2000, no. 23, 6. No; 2001, 23 no; 2003, 15, 23; 2004, nr. 21. No; 2005, 13 no, no; 2008; Latvian journal, 2009, no. 196) the following amendments: 1. Replace article 5, second paragraph, the words "Latvian fish resource agency" with the word "Institute".
2. To make the sixth article 7 of the second part of the sentence the following wording: "the municipality is entitled to part of the fishing rights lease undifferentiated fishing natural persons whose place of residence or declared that the real property belonging to the municipal administrative territory."
3. Express article 10 the third paragraph as follows: "(3) recreational fishing — fishing and underwater hunting, fishing is regulated under the rules and regulations for licensed recreational fishing, which the Cabinet of Ministers issued in accordance with article 13 of this law. The municipality shall issue binding regulations for recreational fishing — fishing for licensed and underwater hunting, its administrative territory waters, if in accordance with the laws and regulations on the licensed recreational fishing in these waters for fishing rights with the Special fishing permits (licenses). "
4. Express article 11 the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the National Environment Department issued fishing permits (license) to match the allocated fishing limits, as well as for specific purposes for fishing (fishing, acclimatization, kontrolzvej, melioratīv and other types of fish) and for scientific research purposes."
5. in article 12: turn off, first paragraph, first sentence, the words "at the fishing permit (license) receiving nature protection administration";
to supplement the article with the fifth and sixth the following: "(5) the specific purposes for fishing gear used (limit) are not counted in the total number of fishing gear (limit).
(6) fishing for scientific research purposes, the number of fishing gear used (limit) is counted in the total number of fishing gear (limit), where the fishing is carried out in the Baltic Sea and Gulf of Riga coastal waters and inland waters, except when fishing is carried out in the Institute or other research institution. "
6. Supplement article 14 with the fourth paragraph as follows: "(4) the Ministry of agriculture to ensure that this article is the second part and the information system the information collected, as well as national environmental service, local authorities and the information collected in the Institute for fisheries resources, including the use of licensed recreational fishing — fishing — and public bodies, according to the legislation on the disclosure of the information would be publicly available at the Ministry of agriculture or its authorized institution home page on the internet."
7. in article 16: make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the industrial fishing, except for eel, smelt, Lake stickleback and vetch specialized fishing and fishing for specific purposes and scientific research purposes in accordance with article 12 of this law, the following shall be prohibited in public Lakes: Lake Alūksne-Alūksne district of Alūksne town and parish of jaunalūksne; Āraiši Lake — Post discharge drabeši parish; Babīte, Babīte Lake District of Babīte parish of the island and; Prize-award in the Lake District in the parish of Kubuļ; Cirma: Ludza district in the Lake cirma parish; Dagda Lake – Dagda municipality asūne parish; Dūņezer: Ādaži municipality; Carnikava municipality in Dzirnezer; Lake jugla, Riga City; Lake kaunata-Rezekne District kaunata parish; In the city of Riga in kisezers; Big Baltezer: Ādaži Garkalne municipality and; The Great Lakes – Kuldīga navel district Padure parish; Lake lielauce, auce municipality lielauce parish; Līlast: Ādaži municipality in the Lake; Limbaži in Limbaži district Lielezer, Limbazi town and parish in Limbaži; The little Baltezer: Ādaži municipality; The small lake in ludzas district Ludza, Ludza city; The small lake – Kuldīga Navel district Padure parish; Rēzekne, Rezekne City Lake; Island Lake-Madona district of Madona city; Sloka in the Lake — seaside city; Viesīte Lake — viesīte district viesīte parish; Viļaka Lake — viļaka municipality viļaka city; Virtūkšņ (Vertūkšņ) Lake, rezeknes district lūznava parish; Zosn Lake, rezeknes district lūznava parish. Industrial fishing with nets banned such public Lakes: Lake, rezeknes feimaņi district feimaņi parish and municipality of Rušon in the parish of Riebiņi; The large lake in ludzas – cibla municipality zvirgzdene parish; Lake Liepāja-nīca municipality nīca parish and the parish in Baltimore, otaņķi, city and municipality of grobiņa grobiņa parish; PAP — Lake of rucava municipality rucava parish. ";
to supplement the article with the seventh subparagraph by the following: "(7) in order to prevent unregulated fishing gear use the waters of the Republic of Latvia Cabinet of Ministers issued regulations on the trade of fishing nets and the movement."
8. Article 19: Supplement to article 2.1 part as follows: "(21) Environmental Protection Department within their competence, are entitled in cases of infringement, to draw up administrative reports and impose administrative penalties, remove and confiscate fish and require that reimburses the losses suffered by fish resources.";
replace the fourth subparagraph, the word "officials" with the word "persons";
to supplement the article with the seventh subparagraph by the following: "(7) the cabinet shall determine the order in which fishing and fishing regulatory legislation cases are removed and confiscated fish."
9. Express article 22, first paragraph as follows: "(1) Fish species, with the exception of the juveniles admission, and the introduction of new species or in natural water bodies for breeding, as well as Republic of Latvia's territorial waters and economic zone waters (regardless of the type of property) requires management of nature protection permit, which is issued after the positive opinion from the Institute and the food and veterinary service."
10. Supplement article 23 with the following sentence: "reconciliation with nature protection management is not necessary if a specialized fish farming and the cultivation of aquatic plants for artificially created bodies."
11. Make the text of article 27 the following: "the fish Fund aims to provide funds for scientific research related to the study of fish resources, pollution and the economic activity of the different impact on fish resources as well as the reproduction of fish resources and protection measures, including additional resources for the purpose of the Fund the appropriate Fish projects in relation to the tasks within their competence shall exercise public authorities, municipalities and other public entities are derived and specific legislation on fish Fund for specific activities carried out by associations whose aim is related to the use of resources and protection. "
12. Supplement article 29 to sentence the following wording: "On Division and allocation of funds shall be decided by the Foundation Council of the fish in accordance with the Fund rules of fish."
13. transitional provisions be supplemented with 21 as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers 21 to 30 March 2011 does article 16 of this law in the seventh paragraph and article 19 in the seventh part of these provisions."
The Parliament adopted the law of 16 June 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2010 V 6 July
Search Translated Laws of Latvia