Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/212759
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the National DNA database, and use the law to make the National DNA database creation and use Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2004, nr. 14; 2006, no 8) follows: 1. Article 2 shall be supplemented by the words "disclosure" with the words "missing person searches and does not recognize the body (body) identification".
2. Add to the introductory part of article 9, after the word "feet" with the words "and certain DNA expertise."
3. Add to article 16 of the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) the Forensic Department shall inform in writing the examinations of DNA sequencer national database known coincidence of organic material and biological traces DNA genetic research process over the examiner."
4. Replace article 17, first paragraph, the words "the Republic of Latvia laying down binding international agreements" with the words "the Republic of Latvia laying down binding international treaties or European Union legislation".
5. Express article 18 as follows: "article 18. (1) the DNA profiles and news about suspects or accused persons who, if criminal proceedings are terminated as a whole or to the person concerned on the basis of circumstances or reabilitējoš are also repealed the decision of the person concerned is recognised as a suspect or the accused on the same basis as well as when the person enters into force, supporting the National DNA database 10 years from the date When forensic Administration received a decision or judgment, or delete such information from the DNA national database after forensic Administration received the written application of the person concerned.
(2) the DNA profiles and details of persons who are the subject of a criminal offence, as well as persons convicted of a criminal offence, release from punishment, and about people who held criminal liability for committing a criminal offence, unless the persons concerned are referred to criminal liability, but the criminal proceedings against them terminated on the basis of reabilitējoš, the National DNA database kept in 75 years.
(3) the DNA profiles and news about suspect deaths and missing persons DNA national database kept in 75 years or until the body or persons are identified.
(4) the DNA profiles and news on the ft of biological origin DNA national database kept in 75 years or until the traces of biological origin are identified.
(5) After the end of the period of storage of DNA profiles and news of it drawn up and destroyed. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 16 June 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2010 V 6 July
Search Translated Laws of Latvia