Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/212855
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of energy to make the Energy Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, nr. 20; 2000, no. 17; 2001, no. 12; 2005, 8, 13, 14; 2008. no no; 2009, no 2, 14; 2010, 11. nr.) the following amendments: 1. Add to article 1 with 17.1 points as follows: "171) safety stock — replacement of petroleum products What keeps a certain amount in Latvia in accordance with article 72 of this law; ".
2. Supplement article 64, first paragraph, subparagraph 2 after the words "fuel security reserves" with the words "and security provisions".
3. Make 72. and article 72.1 as follows: "article 72 (1) the cabinet shall determine any merchants who are eligible to do business with the oil (fuel) in Latvia or another Member State of the European Union or the European economic area country, and merchants, who led Latvia oil (fuel) for their own consumption, gives the right to provide security services for State reserves of oil products (fuel) reserves to some extent to the energy crisis periods to ensure the supply of oil products (fuel).
(2) on the right to make the first paragraph of this article, the security service of the Ministry of the economy of the reserves once a year to the current year's June 1 issued in open tendering.
Article 72.1 central inventory carrying structure (CK) functions to fulfil the Ministry of economics. This structure has the following functions: 1) buy this law article 72 of the service referred to in the first paragraph, subject to the transitional provisions of this law, paragraph 23 and the public procurement law of such requirements;
2) provide this law article 72 of the service referred to in the first subparagraph;
3) administer the national fee for this law, laid down in article 72 of the maintenance of emergency stocks. "
4. To supplement the law with 72.3 72.4 and article as follows: "article About this law, 72.3 72. security provisions laid down in article maintenance duty payable. It charged merchants that received special permission (license) the approved warehousekeeper excise goods transaction, a merchant who received special permission (license) the requested action, established merchants who have received a special permit (license) for the fuel wholesale merchants who have received a special permit (license) for the retail sale of fuel. Other economic operators pay State fee for oil (fuel), they are in the Republic of Latvia for their own consumption are imported from a Member State of the European Union or a third country. State fees and State reserves of petroleum products, the calculation and payment arrangements determined by the Cabinet of Ministers.
Article 72.4 of the Ministry of economy of the Act referred to in article 72.1 functions as the necessary expenses of the State fee revenues received for the maintenance of emergency stocks. The maintenance of the security of the State reserve fee included in the State budget. "
5. the transitional provisions be supplemented by 23, 24 and 25 as follows: "23. central inventory carrying structure (CK) begin to carry out its functions from 1 august 2010. The Ministry of economy in 2010 announces open tender on this law, article 72 of the law referred to in the first paragraph of the acquisition. In order to ensure the country's oil reserves, the continuity of each oil (fuel) category competitions advertised until September 1, 2010.
24. Security reserve the provision of services in accordance with the transitional provisions referred to in paragraph 23 of the tender business operators shall ensure, from September 1, 2010.
25. Up to august 31, 2010. the safety margins are maintained in accordance with the Cabinet of Ministers of 27 June 2006 regulations No 565 "reserves of petroleum products and storage procedures." "
6. Make the informative reference to European Union directives as follows: "Informative reference to European Union directives, the law includes provisions resulting from: 1) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 2003 of Directive 2003/55/EC concerning common rules for the internal market in natural gas and repealing Directive 98/30/EC;
2) Council of 14 September 2009. the 2009/119/EC imposing an obligation on Member States to maintain minimum stocks of crude oil and/or petroleum products. "
The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation.
The Parliament adopted the law of June 17, 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 on July 7
Search Translated Laws of Latvia