Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/212854
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on the amendments to the Railway Act to make Railway (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 9; 1999, no. 5, 23; 2001, nr. 1; 2003, 6, 10, 23; 2004, nr. 8. No; 2005; 2006 21 no, no. 1; 2007, nr. 13, 15; 2008, nr. 15, 16; 2009, 12, no. 20; Latvian journal, 2009, 193. no; 2010, 86 no). the following amendments: 1. Complement the third subparagraph of article 33 with the following paragraph 12: "12") to decide on the acceptance of the rolling stock in operation. "
2. Express article 36.1 as follows: "article 36.1. The rolling stock and the battery (1) the owner of the rolling stock or the user according to the technical rules of operation ensures the maintenance of rolling stock and operating so as not to endanger the lives, health, railway traffic safety and the environment. (2) rolling stock construction, modernization, repair and restore the conformity assessment procedures, as well as the order in which the rolling stock is taken into service, established by the Cabinet of Ministers.
(3) 1520 mm track width for the network's rolling stock and modernisation of the building, which is used or is intended to be used for transport to and from countries which are not members of the European Union, the European Union does not apply technical specifications for interoperability.
(4) after the acceptance of the rolling stock in operation identifies the European rolling stock number. If the track 1520 mm width network rolling stock intended for use not only in the European Union, but uses or intends to use the transport to countries and also from countries which are not members of the European Union, which used a different numbering system, rolling stock given a number, which is compatible with the respective countries use numbering system. "
3. Article 43: turn off the second part of the third sentence;
Add to article 2.1 part as follows: "(21) railway stations that are part of the European rail system, as well as rolling stock, for use in the following sections, the railway interoperability technical specifications issued by the European Union in the field of the common transport policy, based on the Treaty on the functioning of the European Union and article 91.171, and published in the official journal of the European Union."
4. transitional provisions be supplemented with 33 as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers 33.2010 November 1, issued by this law, in the second paragraph of article 36.1 above provisions for rolling stock construction, modernization, repair and restore the conformity assessment procedures, as well as the order in which the rolling stock is taken into service. Up to the date of entry into force of the relevant provisions, but no longer than up to 2010 November 1, are applicable to the Cabinet of Ministers of 25 July 2006, the Regulation No. 610 "railway rolling stock repair and modernisation of the special procedures" and the Cabinet of Ministers of 29 august 2006, the Regulation No 713 "procedures adopted into newly built rolling stock or rolling stock, which made a special repair or upgrading", in so far as they do not conflict with this Act. "
5. Add to the informative reference to European Union directives, with paragraph 15 as follows: "15) the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 June 2008. Directive 2008/57/EC on the interoperability of the rail system within the community."
The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation.
The Parliament adopted the law of June 17, 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 on July 7
Search Translated Laws of Latvia