Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/214591
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on housing rent" make law "on residential rental of premises" (the Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1993, no. 7; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, 4, no. 20; in 1998, 15, 23 no; 2001, no. 16; in 2005, no 2; in 2007, no 3; 2009, no. 6) the following amendments: 1. the title of chapter IV, Expressed as follows: "living space rent and other charges associated with the use of the living room".
2. Express article 11 by the following: ' article 11. Apartment rent payments and obligatory closing living space rental agreement, rental fee shall be determined by agreement between the parties in writing, with the exception of this law and article 11.2 11.1 cases provided.
Living space rent: 1) residential home management expenditure, which is proportional to the area of rented dwellings, and 2 earnings).
Management expenditure consists of: 1) residential home maintenance expenditure necessary for the (home health care, technical maintenance, management and maintenance servicing);
2) specific legislation that residential home deduction of depreciation (amortisation) building restoration.
The Cabinet of Ministers issued rules on the methodology, after compiling a third part of this article the said management expenses.
In addition to the rental fee in proportion to the area of rented dwellings are payable to such compulsory payments: 1) statutory real estate tax payment;
2) apartment or residential home owner (possessor) and the landowner's land lease agreements concluded in certain land rents if rented in the living room is the House situated on another owner owned land (hereinafter land lease fee). "
3. Make the article 12 by the following: ' article 12. The order in which payments to living space rent payable accommodation rental periods laid down in the Treaty.
Service charges associated with the use of living areas, laws and regulations or the paid accommodation rental periods laid down in the Treaty and in order.
The minimum payment due living space rental agreement, in time and in order. For the mandatory grounds for payment to be considered as real estate tax administering municipal authorities statement leaseholders on the real estate tax payment obligation, as well as the land lease agreement for the land rental fee.
In the absence of mandatory payment leaseholders have the right to obtain from the tenant's delay, calculated on the outstanding principal sum during the 0.05% per day of delay, unless the living space rental agreement provides otherwise.
Living space rental agreement shall indicate the person to whom rent is payable, the fee for the services and the required payment, the person's home address or registered office. If the payments are to be made Cashless settlement order, the contract shall indicate the bank account in which to deposit. "
4. Express article 36.3 the second and the third part as follows: "Leaseholders (except that the leaseholders are municipality or country) have the right to require the reimbursement of tenants who then due to tenant's stay in the living room.
If the tenant does not intentionally take the statutory steps the municipality for assistance or unduly delay the assistance process, the judgment of the Court of Justice shall be fulfilled. "
5. the transitional provisions be supplemented with 15, 16, 17 and 18 as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers 15. until august 31, 2010. manages the methodology by which facility costs calculated according to the amendments to article 11 of this law, in the third paragraph, which shall enter into force on September 1, 2010.
16. the residential tenancy agreements concluded before September 1, 2010, by mutual consent, amend up to 2010 November 30, according to the 11 and 12 of this Act, the requirements of article, which shall enter into force on September 1, 2010.
17. If the transitional period specified in paragraph 16 of the agreement on the minimum payment amount and payment arrangements are not reached, the tenant is obliged every month, starting from 1 December 2010, in addition to the living space for rent, on the basis of this law, the third paragraph of article 12 contains documents, paying leaseholders the calculated minimum payment, but during the period from September 1, 2010 to December 1, 2010. the tenant shall make the payments under the residential tenancy agreement.
18. it is prohibited to repeatedly ask the tenant to pay the minimum payment, if in accordance with residential space rental agreements concluded before September 1, 2010, the rent includes the statutory mandatory payments (real estate tax URu.tml.) and ground rent on land use. "
The law shall enter into force on September 1, 2010.
The Parliament adopted the law of 26 July 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga 2010 V 6 august
Search Translated Laws of Latvia