Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/218551
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: amended military retirement pension Act to make military retirement pension Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 8; 2000, no. 9; 2001, 1. No; 2005, 2, 7, 14; 2006, nr. 13. No; 2007; 2008, 24 No No 10; 2009, 14, no. 22; Latvian journal, 2009, 200. no; 2010, no. 82.) the following amendments: 1. in article 2: Add to article 2.1 of the part as follows: "(21) military personnel, which is entitled to more of the retirement pension, granted only one pension check this person.";
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) is not entitled to a retirement pension for military personnel, whose retired from active military service or service line due to the fact that is penalized for intentional criminal offence (regardless of delete or remove a criminal record), has made an intentional criminal offence, but from the released against whom criminal proceedings initiated for the purpose of committing a criminal offence on the basis of reabilitējoš not been terminated or has he retired from active military service or service line applied as a disciplinary measure."
2. in article 6: express the sixth part as follows: "(6) retirement pensions paid from State budget funds allocated to the Ministry of defence in accordance with the annual State budget Act appropriation.";
replace the seventh paragraph, first sentence, the words "established the institution of the place of residence of the applicant's pension" with the word "chapter".
3. Make the text of article 7 by the following: "(1) the amount of the retirement pension is reviewed once a year, on October 1, taking into account the actual consumer price index. If the index is less than the number "1", a retirement pension is not revised.
(2) the amount of the retirement pension shall be reviewed in the order laid down in accordance with the law "on State pensions" national pension granted for review. "
4. Turn off the fifth subparagraph of article 8 of the second sentence.
5. Supplement article 13, first paragraph, the words "but to another person, to certificates of inheritance or court ruling basis".
6. transitional provisions: replace paragraph 18, the words and figures "of 2010 December 31, the right to a retirement pension is military personnel" with the words and figures "up to June 29, 2014. the right to a retirement pension is military personnel whose professional service contract concluded before 30 June 2009 and";
Replace paragraph 19, the words and figures "to 2010 31 December" with the words and figures "by 2014 to June 29 military personnel whose professional service contract concluded before 30 June 2009";
Replace paragraph 20, the words and figures "to 2010 December 31 military personnel" with the words and figures "by 2014 to June 29 military personnel whose professional service contract concluded before 30 June 2009";
transitional provisions be supplemented by the following paragraph 31: "31. Article 2 of this law the third part entitled to retirement pension limit for military personnel, for which the criminal proceedings initiated for the purpose of committing a crime on an end or reabilitējoš which have committed an intentional criminal offence, but exempt from the penalty, does not apply to those military personnel who have committed criminal offences until 2010 December 31."
The law shall enter into force on January 1, 2011.
The Parliament adopted the law in 2010 on September 9.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President g. Much 2010 in Riga on September 28
Search Translated Laws of Latvia