Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/219771
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: law on youth in the Youth Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2008, no. 13, no. 15, 2009) the following amendments: 1. Express article 1 by the following: "article 1. The purpose of the Act, the Act aims to improve young persons – from 13 to 25 years old — the quality of life, promoting their initiatives work ethos and patriotism, participation in decision-making and public life, as well as support for working with youth. "
2. in article 2: replace the first paragraph, the words "policy" with the words "policy" sector;
replace the second paragraph, the words "quality of life" with the words "the implementation of youth policy, youth development vērtīborientācij and the value of strengthening" the superhuman.
3. To supplement the law with article 2.1, the following: "2.1 article. Youth policy and youth work (1) youth policies in all public policies implemented targeted activities that encourage young people to play a full and comprehensive development, social inclusion and quality of life improvement.
(2) the national youth policy to the national regulatory authorities and local authorities, within the limits of its competence, as well as youth organizations and other natural and legal persons in accordance with the Treaty.
(3) the Mission of the youth work are: 1) support and promote youth initiatives, creating favourable conditions for their intellectual and creative development;
2) to provide young people the opportunity to acquire life skills, knowledge and competencies in non-formal education;
3) to provide young people the opportunity to take advantage of the free time;
4) providing young people with their development needs relevant information available.
(4) the basic principles of youth policy are: 1) the principle of participation: ensuring young people the opportunity to engage youth in policy decisions affecting the consultation before their adoption;
2 the principle of availability) — promoting young people with their development needs relevant information;
3) equal opportunities — providing young people the opportunity without any discrimination to participate actively in the social, political, cultural and economic life activities;
4) principle of respect for the interests of young people, addressing youth-related issues, to assess young people's interests, rights, needs and opportunities;
5) principle favourable economic conditions, facilitate the formation of the conditions in which young people have the opportunity to be economically independent Latvian citizens;
6 the principle of integration of young people) – promoting intercultural dialogue in all youth policy development and implementation stages;
7) mobility and the principle of international cooperation, to provide young people the opportunity to be mobile, to acquire knowledge and skills outside of their place of residence and to encourage other countries in the recommendation, as well as good practices and implementation of youth policy in Latvia. "
4. in article 3: to replace the title of the article the words "youth policy" with the words "youth sector";
make the first part as follows: "(1) the Ministry of education and science provides a unified national policy development sector of youth policy and its implementation of a coordinated, thus maintaining a framework for working with youth. The Ministry of education and Science: 1) contributes to the implementation of youth policy institutions involved in cooperation and coordination of activities in the sector of youth policy at national level;
2) provides the work with local youth in the planning, implementation and evaluation of methodological guidance;
3) coordinates and organizes the youth work training of the people involved and the exchange of experience;
4) develops international cooperation youth policy sector;
5) take care to young people and those active in youth work involved would have access to information on youth rights, responsibilities, opportunities and responsibilities. "
5. Article 5: replace the title of the article the words "youth policy" with the words "youth sector";
to make the first, second and third subparagraph by the following: "(1) the municipality, in the performance of their work with young people, respecting the fundamental principles of youth policy and youth policy development planning documents. The municipality plans to work with youth, developing local youth policy development planning documents. The municipality provides the institutional framework for working with youth.
(2) the municipality, creating institutional framework for working with youth, entitled: 1) set about working with the local authorities responsible for youth;
2) to recruit youth specialist — a person who intends to carry out and coordinate the work with youth;
3) to create a Youth Advisory Commission, which promotes local government working with youth in planning and implementation, as well as the participation of young people in decision-making;
4) to create a youth centre, which aims to encourage local youth initiatives, participation in decision-making and public life;
5) create a Youth Council, which promotes cooperation between young people of the municipality, the exchange of experience and initiative in work with youth;
6) provide for different procedures to work with youth.
(3) the municipality shall ensure the youth organisations and the youth initiative groups (informal and unregistered initiative groups, interest associations) the opportunity to engage youth in policy decisions affecting the municipal consultation before adoption. ";
to make a fifth by the following: "(5) If a municipality creates Youth Advisory Commission, its composition includes local professionals who work with youth. Municipal Youth Advisory Commission, if necessary with the involvement of young people, youth organisations, the youth initiative groups or other associations and foundation representatives who make working with youth. Youth Advisory Commission's mission statement is as follows: 1) encourage local authorities and Department cooperation on issues relating to young people;
2) collect and analyze information about the municipal youth problems, needs and interests;
3) to develop and submit proposals to local authorities on how to work with local youth and as perfected State youth policy;
4) to develop proposals for the involvement of young people in the political, economic, social and cultural life, as well as environmental protection activities;
5) develop proposals and participation of young people in support of the implementation of the initiative;
6) to provide recommendations on the management of local government financial planning work with the youth. "
to supplement the article with sixth and seventh paragraph as follows: "(6) If a municipality establishing young people think, its composition shall include local learner initiative, youth groups and youth organisations. Municipal Youth Council's mission statement is as follows: 1) and interests of young people to participate in exploration and in analysing needs, develop proposals for local young people to improve the quality of life;
2 to promote local youth) cooperation and exchange of experience;
3) promote young people's cooperation with authorities, other young people thought, institutions and organizations;
4) to participate in activities organized by the local government;
5) disseminating information on the opportunities offered to young people;
6) engage local government and youth work within organized events, projects and programs.
(7) If a municipality establishing youth centres, which are local authorities, departments or local authorities, the Centre carries out work with youth under this law, in the third paragraph of article 2.1, the established mission, ensuring: 1) non-formal education activities, the implementation of projects and programmes;
2) involvement of young people in youth organisations and youth initiative groups and volunteering;
3) risk of social exclusion to inclusion of youth peer environment;
4) intercultural dialogue among young people in the audience;
5) advice to young people about them topical issues;
6) youth involvement in local government and youth work within organized activities, projects and programmes;
7) other tasks under the competence of the municipal youth policy sector. "
6. To supplement the law with article 5.1 by the following: ' article 5.1. Planning regional competence in youth policy sector planning regions are planning to work with the relevant authorities in youth development and cooperation in this area. "
7. To make article 6 by the following: "article 6. Youth organizations and youth organizations (1), the youth organization of the society and Foundation is registered and recorded in the list of youth organisations in society. The recording Association youth organization in the list if it meets all the following criteria: 1) one of the Association's statutory objectives are to promote youth initiatives and participation in decision-making and public life;
2) society, the work of youth and society for the operation of the statutory tasks meets at least three of this law in the third paragraph of article 2.1 of the specified tasks;
3) society for at least two thirds of the members are children and young people or more society in which a total of at least two thirds of the members are children and young people;
4) the Management Board of the Association is to ensure the participation of young people, and these conditions of participation laid down by the statutes of the society.
(2) the order in which youth organisations youth organisations entered in the list, and it will be included in the message is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. List of youth organisations of the holder are the Ministry of education and science. "
8. Express article 8 the first paragraph by the following: "(1) State and local governments promote the virtues of youth work, and patriotism, informal education, volunteering, physical activity and participation in cultural life, as essential for the appropriate time."
9. in article 12: Supplement to the fourth part of the introductory paragraph, after the word "comply" with the word "all";
turn off the fourth paragraph (1) of the regulation;
make quarter point 2 as follows: "2) youth organisation working with young people, according to the annual youth policy priorities;"
Supplement 5 to the fourth part of the paragraph after the words "the implementation of the project" with the words "which can manifest as a contribution in kind, or unpaid voluntary work;
Add to article 4.1 part as follows: "(41) youth organisations operating aid in accordance with the fourth paragraph of this article, to organize a separate open design competition, if the youth organization have joined forces not less than 500 members or joined together youth organisations with a total membership of not less than 500 and carrying out work with youth at least three planning areas according to the annual youth policy priorities."
replace the fifth paragraph, the words "as well as working with youth" with the words "to work with young people and youth organisations, as well as the supported project administration and monitoring procedures and allowable project co-financing by the applicant — can take as a contribution in kind or voluntary work-rate";
to supplement the article with sixth and seventh paragraph as follows: "(6) a decision on the financing of projects for the implementation of the European youth non-formal education programmes be adopted, as well as the administration of the projects supported and supervision provided by the European Commission.
(7) the municipality may support youth initiatives and a tender to finance youth organisations and youth initiative group projects same order and magnitude. "
10. To supplement article 13 with the following sentence: "this administration task delegation may include the issuance of administrative acts in relation to article 12 of this law referred to in the first subparagraph of the open design competition."
11. To supplement the law with the following transitional provisions: "transitional provision of this law in respect of article 6 of the new version of article 12 paragraph 5 of part IV and part v additions shall enter into force on January 1, 2011."
The Parliament adopted Act 2010 on September 30.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President g. Many Riga 2010 October 20
Search Translated Laws of Latvia