Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/220148
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of Ventspils free port Ventspils free port Act be done (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, no. 3; 2001; 2003, 17 No 13. nr.) the following amendments: 1. Replace the words "licensed throughout the law company" (the number and fold) with the words "licensed corporation" (the number and fold) and the word "entrepreneurship" (folds) – with the word "business" (fold).
2. in article 1 point 2: express the following: "2) licensed corporation – a corporation that has entered into with the management of Ventspils free port (a free port administration) contract for licensed commercial activities on the territory of Ventspils free port and free port administration received authorisation to do so;"
Replace in paragraph 4, the words "of the company (the company)" with the word "operator".
3. Article 3: make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) in the territory of the Freeport business may be conducted by a licensed corporation, as well as merchants who have not received a permit for conducting the business of the licensed Ventspils free port, and subject to article 12 of this law the terms of the third subparagraph.";
to make the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) the imported goods within the territory of the free port licensed corporations in the territory of a free zone and leave them only through the point of entry in accordance with the procedure provided for by the law."
4. Article 4: to express the third, fourth and fifth paragraph as follows: "(3) Freeport land owned by the natural or legal person, may be sold, gifted, change or otherwise dispose of the law on ports.
(4) Freeport Authority according to the law on ports are right to reach the personālservitūt on natural and legal persons owned land pursuant to this Act takes a free port. Freeport Authority shall have the right in its territory of the natural and legal persons owned land use port, as well as rent their merchants operating in the Freeport area. Free port administration leased land transfer may sublet only with the permission of the administration of the free port.
(5) the Easement can be built on the site of the port required for the operation of buildings and structures, as well as to allow it to build the economic operators that land surrendered the lease in determining the treaty action with these buildings and premises in the land lease in the event of termination of the contract. ";
to make the seventh subparagraph by the following: "(7) free port administration pay taxes and cover the expenses related to the maintenance of the land, and the rest to the land gulstoš load nes and land owner. If the free port administration does not use the fourth paragraph of this article, the rights granted to establish personālservitūt to natural and legal persons owned the land, thus without prejudice to the rights of the proprietor of the land, the relevant taxes and expenses related to the maintenance of low cost land. ";
turn off the ninth subparagraph, the first sentence.
5. Article 5: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) free port administered by Freeport, which defined the status of the law on ports. Freeport regulatory competence is determined by this law, the law on ports, Ventspils free port authority regulations and Ventspils free port regulations governing the internal regime of Freeport. ";
to turn off the second part.
6. Express 8 and 9 article by the following: ' article 8. Export of goods from a licensed corporation in the free zone territory of the export of goods from a licensed corporation in the free zone territory takes place in accordance with the customs of the European Union law requirements for the exportation of goods from a free zone areas.
9. article. Entry of goods into the free zones of licensed corporations in the territory of the entry of goods into the territory of the free port licensed corporations within the territory of a free zone in accordance with the customs of the European Union legal requirements for the entry of goods into a free zone. "
7. Express article 11 by the following: ' article 11. Physical persons to customs physical persons crossing the borders of the territory of a free zone are subject to customs control. "
8. in article 12: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) to operate in the free port licensed corporations licensed for the State, a corporation must be registered in the Republic of Latvia registered Ventspils with municipal administrative territory. Goods (freight) handling, storage, processing, and other services and the production of goods in a free zone regime shall take the Corporation that entered into a contract for the licensed commercial free zone regime and received permission to perform such an operation. "
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the economic operators who do not have a licensed corporation, Freeport area may do business without licensed corporations established relief and subject to the control of the administration of the free port capacity. The listed merchants and licensed corporations, which do not apply to the free-zone procedure, do not have the right to do business in the areas of free zones, except the services licensed for the Corporation, which administers the free zone regime, or a free port authority. "
9. Article 13: replace the first paragraph, first sentence, the words "companies (companies)" with the words "Corporation" and the words "customs border passes points" with the words "at the point of entry;
make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) a licensed corporation shall not carry on business outside of the fixed and according to enclosed areas, except in the third paragraph of this article.";
make the third paragraph (1) of the following: "1) governing body of a corporation or agency located outside the delimited area;".
10. Express 14, 15 and 16 of article by the following: ' article 14. The order in which concluded an agreement about a commercial free port licensed and authorised to be served (1) qualify for the conclusion of the agreement and authorization is entitled to a free port Corporation, which already established or to be established in the future (the applicant is the founder), if: 1) Corporation activities and development meets the Freeport development program approved by the Board of the Freeport;
2) founders, members of the Corporation, members of the Management Board and the members of the Council (if the Corporation has established a Council) meets the following conditions: (a)) good reputation, b) a stable financial situation, c) experience in the field of commercial activities (this information does not require local and State as founders and participants).
(2) contracts for licensed commercial Freeport closed in on certain activities (such as stevedoring, storage of goods, production). The contract may be concluded for a number of activities.
(3) a corporation that qualifies for the conclusion of the contract and the licence, submit to the Board of the port: 1) application;
2) corporations certified business register issued a copy of the registration certificate;
3) copy of the Statute of the certified capital company;
4) sworn auditors (Auditors) approved the annual report for the last two years (or, with the assent of the Board of the Freeport — abbreviated copy of the report);
5) programme of activities, including the investment program;
6) other relevant information about the Corporation and its founders after Freeport Board decision;
7) issued by the State Revenue Service Corporation for the conformity of the territory of a free zone regime, if a corporation wants to conclude a contract on licensed commercial free zone regime.
(4) the decision on the conclusion of the contract to the tenderer Freeport Board shall adopt, after a period of three months referred to in the third subparagraph of receipt of documents. The applicant's application is rejected, the applicant does not meet the conditions referred to in the first subparagraph. Contract for licensed commercial free zone mode closes after Freeport Administration submitted this article 7 of part three of the certificate referred to in paragraph.
(5) a decision on the conclusion of the contract with the Corporation, which has not yet been established, the Board may accept a free port basis and the draft programme of action, while issuing a temporary permit. Decision on the conclusion of the contract is valid for six months. If a corporation is not founded, the decision shall cease to be in force.
(6) the agreement on the basis of the business is licensed to Freeport Administration issued permission for conducting commercial activities licensed by the free port. Freeport Authority provides permission.
15. article. The order in which the agreement on the licensed business in Freeport terminated before term and permits to be cancelled (1) a contract for the commercial free port licensed may be terminated before the term with the decision of the Board of Directors of Freeport, where it is found that the licensed corporation violates the law, other legislation or the conclusion of the contract.
(2) simultaneously with the decision on the early termination of the contract of the Freeport Board shall decide on the withdrawal of the authorisation and shall set a date by which the decision is enforceable. Freeport Board decision on the early termination of the contract and withdrawal of permission deadline date must not be less than 60 days. Freeport Authority within five working days shall notify the State revenue service on Freeport's Board decisions on withdrawal of permission.
(3) a corporation that has annulled the permit licensed commercial Freeport, is entitled to carry on business in accordance with the General provisions, unless the nature of the infringement in accordance with the procedure prescribed by law it is prohibited business activities.
(4) the Management Board of the Freeport before the first and second subparagraph decision-making invite the Corporation to provide a written explanation. The invitation shall indicate the deadline for the submission of the explanatory memorandum, which must not be less than two weeks. Explanation of the failure is not an obstacle for decision.
16. article. The order in which to appeal the decisions of the Management Board of the free port on the permit withdrawal of permission, the contract and the contract early termination (1) this law, in accordance with articles 14 and 15 of the Freeport Board decisions on authorisation of cancellation, the contract and the contract early termination of the Corporation for the operation of the free-zone procedure may appeal to the Court of Justice of the administrative procedure law.
(2) the decision of the Board of the Freeport of appeal shall not suspend the execution of this decision. "
The law shall enter into force on January 1, 2011.
The Parliament adopted the law on 14 October 2010.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 on October 27.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia