Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/220146
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the social services and social assistance law to make social services and social assistance Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 23; 2003; 2004, nr. 2, 14., 18., 2005, no; no 2; 2006, no. 13; 2007, 12, 15 No 3, 21; 2008. no; 2009, 3, 12 no; Latvian journal 19, 2010 No.) the following amendments: 1. Supplement article 1 to 33 as follows: "33) technical AIDS services, a set of measures that ensure the functional assessment of the person, for the manufacture of technical AIDS, customization, training, repair, movement, as well as delivery in the residence of the person."
2. Add to article 4 of the seventh paragraph as follows: "(7) the Person with the predictable disabilities have the right to receive disability statutory social services."
3. To make article 7 (1) of the following: "1) actively involved in solving their own problems in the performance of the duties of the cooperation, including participation in social rehabilitation activities and the social work skills retention, renewal and learning;".
4. Article 13: make the first part of paragraph 5 by the following: "5) technical AIDS services article 25 of this law in the first part of such persons;"
replace the first sentence in 2.1 and 2.2 paragraph, first sentence, the words "in certain assistive technology" with the words "certain technical AIDS service provision".
5. Turn off 15.1 article in the second paragraph, the words "in accordance with public law agency approved".
6. To express the text of article 24 as follows: "to promote the country and authorities in the use of available resources and to ensure the person's integration in society, social service or social rehabilitation service provider for each person socially rehabilitējam develop and implement individual social rehabilitation plan."
7. Article 25: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) the technical AIDS services have the right to receive such persons with long-term or permanent body function impairment or anatomical defects, if they have received medical treatment person's opinion on the need for such a service: 1) the Group of disabled people and disabled children up to 18 years of age;
2) people with technical aid necessary to decrease or eliminate functional disabilities;
3) persons with disabilities, which forecast the following services need a certain individual rehabilitation plan;
4) persons with anatomic defects: a prosthesis or orthopaedic footwear. ";
to make the fourth subparagraph by the following: "(4) in the first subparagraph of this article specific persons with tiflotehnik and surdotehnik services provide the Latvian society of the blind and the deaf of Latvia, but the Union with the rest of the technical AIDS services, the State limited liability company" national rehabilitation center "" "Vaivara: 1) organizes the system of provision of services, taking account of the principle of territoriality, and manage administrative provisions on granting of services of certain individuals;
2) defines service providers in accordance with article 13 of the law;
3) provides the national budget allocated to the rational utilization and control of this expenditure;
4) organises technical AIDS movement, to create and maintain a database for technical AIDS, lines services and saņēmušaj services and other services-related matters;
5) inform the public of services. "
8. Replace the transitional provisions and the words "17. This law, in article 13, first paragraph, point 3.1 and article 13, first paragraph, point 11 shall enter into force on January 1, 2011" with numbers and words "17.1 this law, in article 13, first paragraph, point 3.1 and article 13, first paragraph, point 11 shall enter into force on January 1, 2013.
The law adopted by the Parliament in 2010 7 October.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 on October 27.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia