Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/220135
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on the amendments to the medical treatment Act to make (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, no. 15; 1998, nr. 7; 2000, no. 13, no. 15; 2001; 2004, nr. 9, 13, 14; 2005; 2006, no. 14. No; 2007, 8, 21, 24 no; 2008, 13 no, 10, 15, 2009. no; Latvian journal, 2009, 200, 205. No.) the following amendments: 1. Supplement article 1 with the following paragraph 27:27) joint electronic health information system (health information system): a structured health industry information system, including individual health information data sets and ensure unified operation. "
2. To supplement the law with article 56.1 as follows: "article 56.1. (1) If the medical establishment provides assistance to patients and there is reason to believe that the patient suffered from violence, the medical establishment immediately, but not later than 12 hours notice of the national police.
(2) If the medical establishment shall provide assistance to the minor patient and there is reason to believe that the patient suffered from proper care and supervision, or other infringement of the rights of the child, the medical establishment immediately, but not later than 12 hours notice of the national police. "
3. To supplement the law with the following chapter XIV: "chapter XIV. Health information system article 78. (1) in order to ensure health care organizing and facilitating health services, the health data store health information system.
(2) the cabinet shall determine the health information systems knowledge, health information system and the data stored in the processing order, as well as procedure.
(3) the health information system should be entitled holder of the system function to pass to another authorized institution or several institutions. The Cabinet of Ministers determine the institutions health information systems manager is entitled to transfer the functions of the holder, and the institutions concerned to the data set.
Article 79. (1) in order to ensure real and up to date information and news of the completeness of the health information system, the system administrator or the holder, if the holder of the health information system functions transferred to the authorized institution is entitled to request and receive free information from State and local authorities, medical institutions, medical persons and patients.
(2) the health information system accumulated details of patients given in accordance with the law on the rights of the patient. In other news the laws prescribed free of charge providing: 1) medical institutions, medical persons, medical support to people according to their competence;
2) hospital's employees (such as the hospital's employee of the Registrar) for the performance of the duties of the position;
3) pharmaceutical company, pharmaceutical lieltirgotav, pharmacies, pharmacists and pharmacist assistants according to their competence.
80. article. Health information systems administrator or the holder, if the holder of this system functions are transferred to the authorized institution is entitled not to inform the data subjects of the processing of personal data in the health information system, unless the data subject expressly requests and if the processing of personal data is required: 1) therapeutic purposes;
2) providing health services or the Administration;
3) medicines and medical equipment for distribution or administration;
4) national statistical information collection. "
The law shall enter into force on January 1, 2011.
The law adopted by the Parliament in 2010 7 October.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 on October 27.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia