Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/220975
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the Act on State legal aid to make the Act on State legal aid (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2005, nr. 8; 2008, nr. 15; 2009, 14. no) the following amendments: 1. Turn off the paragraph 2 of article 9.
2. Turn off the paragraph 1 of article 18.
3. Express article 20 the following: "article 20. (1) the representation of a security guarantee for the national party representative of lawyers in criminal proceedings, the law of criminal procedure, invite the cases and under the conditions prescribed.
(2) the order in which it is filed and reviewed this statutory application for legal assistance and the decision to grant legal aid or refusal to grant, it does not apply to the provision of representation in criminal proceedings. "
4. transitional provisions be supplemented by paragraph 13 and 14 by the following: ' 13. Proceedings in current cases of private prosecution of criminal offences, which qualified after criminal law article 130, second subparagraph and article 157.158. in connection with the defamation of the mass media in the country to ensure the victim advocate for the representative of the legal aid administration assigns and provide in the order and to the extent determined the legal framework in force up to 31 December 2010. In proceedings of the existing private prosecution cases of criminal offences, which qualified after criminal law article 130, first paragraph, where the proceedings after 31 December 2010 in accordance with the procedure laid down in the criminal code is terminated, the administration of legal aid legal aid shall not be granted, the decision on legal aid does not provide the performance and provision of legal assistance, on notice to the person.
14. If the application for legal aid by private accusation criminal proceedings for or received the decision to grant legal aid private accusation criminal proceedings taken by 2010 to 31 December and the private accusation criminal procedure by 2010 31 December has been initiated, the administration of legal aid legal aid shall not be granted, the decision on legal aid does not provide the performance and provision of legal assistance, on notice to the person as well as informing the public about the right to legal aid, if further legal aid provide criminal law. "
The law shall enter into force on January 1, 2011.
The Parliament adopted Act 2010 on October 21.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 10.2010 November
Search Translated Laws of Latvia