Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/220973
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of food surveillance in food surveillance Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 7; 2002, nr. 2, 20; 2003; 2004, nr. 24, no. 14, 2006, 23; 1. No; 2007, nr. 3, 21; 2008, 3, 5 no, 14, 24, 2009. no; Latvian journal, 2009, 200. no; 2010, 91 no). the amendments are as follows: 1. Article 1: turn off paragraph 14;
to supplement the article with paragraph 22 and 23 by the following: "22) materials and articles intended to come into contact with food, materials and articles that have come in contact with food and are intended to come into contact with food, and there is reason to believe that they will come into contact with food or transfer their ingredients to food under normal or foreseeable conditions of use;
23) new foods — foods and food components that correspond to the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 January 1997, Regulation (EEC) No 258/97 concerning novel foods and novel food ingredients, article 1, paragraph 2 of the categories. "
2. Turn off the tenth article 4.
3. Express article 10 the first paragraph by the following: "(1) the Cabinet of Ministers concerning materials and articles intended to come into contact with food, provides: 1) minimum safety requirements;
2) procedures for stopping their dissemination and use, as well as the continued exploitation and destruction of the legislative procedure in the event of infringements;
3) production, processing and distribution of business registration, the suspension and restore, as well as the arrangements for cancellation of the registration. "
4. Supplement article 19 with the 3.1 part as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers (31) approved the dietary rules of general basic education, general secondary education and vocational training institutions, as well as educational programs for implementing education for learners, long-term social care and social rehabilitation institutions, clients and institutional clients for treatment."
5. Supplement article 20 with the third subparagraph by the following: "(3) the cabinet shall determine the fees for the new food risk assessment findings and the payment arrangements."
6. Supplement article 21, second paragraph with the following paragraph 18: "18) to monitor and control come into contact with foodstuffs materials and products intended for the production, processing and distribution of the process."
7. To make the first paragraph of article 21.1 as follows: "(1) the food and veterinary service includes Central Administration and territorial unit."
8. in article 22: Add to point 1 of the second paragraph after the word "business" with the words "and to come into contact with foodstuffs materials and products intended for the production, processing and distribution of business";
Add to the second part of paragraph 8 with the following: "8) to stay in contact with food intended for the dissemination of materials and products, the production, processing and distribution companies, to recognize food intended to come into contact with materials and articles for distribution of invalid and remove them from circulation when there is reasonable suspicion or have found this material and product safety to human health, life or the environment. The decision is enforceable immediately. "
9. Article 23: (2) replace the words "articles in contact" with the words "articles intended to come into contact";
to supplement the article with paragraph 8 by the following: ' 8) come into contact with foodstuffs materials and products intended for the production, processing and distribution processes. "
10. transitional provisions be supplemented with 16, 17, 18 and 19 of the following paragraph: "4. Cabinet of Ministers until 2012 January 1 issue of this law article 19 the provisions referred to in paragraph 3.1.
17. Article 20 of this law, the third part of the amendment to article 21.1 and in the first subparagraph in relation to food and the composition of the veterinary services shall enter into force on January 1, 2011.
18. This law, article 1, point 22 article 21, second paragraph, paragraph 18, article 22, second paragraph, point 8, point 8 of article 23, the amended article 10 with regard to the first part of the Cabinet of Ministers regulations on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food, article 22, paragraph 1, second subparagraph, in respect of the food and veterinary service competences control to come into contact with food intended for the manufacture of materials and articles , processing and distribution company, and paragraph 2 of article 23 as regards the words "items that come into contact" with the words "articles intended to come into contact" shall enter into force on January 1, 2012.
19. The Cabinet of Ministers until March 1, 2011 in accordance with this law, the third paragraph of article 4 issued rules requiring special dietary food requirements. To the Cabinet of Ministers regulations for entry into force, but not longer than until March 1, 2011 for the applicable Cabinet Minister 10 May 2005 No. 323 of the rules "rules for the General requirements dietary food safety, quality and labelling, as well as dietary food conformity assessment and its costs in order" to the extent they do not conflict with this Act.
The law in the Parliament adopted the 2010 October 28.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V. 10.2010 November
Search Translated Laws of Latvia