Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/220956
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: For the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Republic of Belarus agreement for the Republic of Latvia and the Republic of Belarus in the border area between the population and the simplification of the journey article 1. 23 august 2010 in Riga Latvia was signed by the Government of the Republic of Belarus and the Government of the Republic for the Republic of Latvia and the Republic of Belarus in the border area between the population and the simplification of the journey (hereinafter Agreement) with this law is accepted and approved.
2. article. Agreed conditions for fulfilment of the obligations is coordinated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
3. article. The agreement shall enter into force on its article 14 within the time and in order, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall notify the newspaper "journal".
4. article. The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation. With the law put the agreement in the Latvian language.
The law in the Parliament adopted the 2010 October 28.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2010 November 10, the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Republic of Belarus for the Republic of Latvia and the Republic of Belarus in the border area between the journey of citizens of the Republic of Latvia to simplify Government and the Government of the Republic of Belarus hereinafter referred to as the parties, desiring to develop and deepen the cooperation between peoples of the two countries, taking into account the good relations established, family, heritage and other links between border residents as well as to simplify the border territory population between trips, have agreed as follows: article 1 This agreement terms used have the following meaning: border-Latvian and Belarusian State border, in accordance with the Treaty on the State border between the Republic of Latvia and the Republic of Belarus, signed on 21 February 1994;
in the border areas of the Republic of Latvia and the Republic of Belarus of the municipality (administrative territorial unit), adhering to the territory of Latvia and Belarus border and located no further than 30 km; If part of the site is in the 30 to 50 km from the border, then it is considered a part of the territory of the border. List of border territory is included in the annex, which is an integral part of this agreement;
residents of border areas, persons residing in the border area of not less than one year, as well as their spouses, parents, grandparents, minor children, minors, minors adopted wards, underage underage great grandchildren, which is a common holding, even if they live in the border area in less than one year;
relatives – on the one hand the State border area residents, which with the other side of the State border residents have the following relationship: parents, children, brothers and sisters, half-brothers and half-sisters, spouses, grandparents, great-grandfathers, owner, grandchildren, great, tēvabrāļ, mātesbrāļ, tēvamās, aunt, nephew, niece, nephew, niece, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, spouses, siblings, spouses, parents, adopted, the adoptive parent;
local border traffic permit issuing authority: the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Latvia in Vitebsk, Belarus Consulate of the Republic of Belarus in Daugavpils Consulate-General of the Republic;
local border traffic permit-specific sample document, issued by the State on the one hand a local border traffic permit issuing authority of the other party in the border area residents and giving them the right document at a specified time to enter repeatedly, highlighting and stay only in the country of the other party in the border area;
border, the competent authorities of the territory of the Republic of Latvia in the border area of local government institutions and the territory of the Republic of Belarus border village, village, and City Council members;
valid travel documents – documents that the parties recognize as valid for entry (stay and in the event of) their national territories, except a diplomatic passport, service passport, as well as the national identity cards that sailor (sailor's book).
Article 2 this agreement determines the local border traffic permit and simplified procedures for crossing the border of the Republic of Latvia and the Republic of Belarus in the border area residents, so they can stay in the territory of the other State border in the following cases: (a) regular participation in culture), education, science and sport events, hosted by the national parties, Governments, and institutions, or their organization;
b) owned or owned real estate;
(c) the attendance of relatives);
(d) a relative of the severe disease) or death;
e) relative's Tomb in attendance;
f) receiving medical assistance;
g) participation in the activities related to local traditions and religious rituals of the piekopšan;
(h) implementation of regular contact) economic activities without the right to work.
3. Article 1. Parties in the border area residents, presenting valid travel documents with the local border traffic permit to cross the border without visas passes points open for international and bilateral traffic.
2. The parties ' national border populations within this arrangement does not need to pass is located in the frontier zone (border area).
3. On the one hand the State border area residents while staying in the territory of the other party, shall be valid for the entire period of residence documents (insurance policy or certificate), which attests that concluded medical insurance contract, guaranteeing the health authority that the sudden illness or accident will be reimbursed for treatment costs as well as costs of movement with the sanitary transport to the country of permanent residence.
1. Article 4 a local border traffic permit is issued on the basis of the population of the territory in the border list (hereinafter List).
The list shall be drawn up in each party's State border, the competent authorities of the territory, on the basis of the population of the frontier territory, and applications by matching with the other hand to the competent authorities of the country each February 1, it passes a local border traffic permit issuing authorities.
2. the lists shall show the following: (a) the first name, last name);
b) date and place of birth;
(c)) code or personal identification number;
d) valid travel document type, series and number; authority, and the time of issue;
(e) place of residence of the person) and the border legally in the territory of the shabby period;
(f) the purpose of the journey);
(g)), the place of residence of the person of the other party in the border area.
3. In some cases, the local border traffic permit may be issued to border residents, if documents proving the person's legal separation in the border area, and the documents proving the purpose of entry is submitted directly to a local border traffic permit to the issuing authority.
4. On the local border traffic permit application processing fee is charged within twenty (20) euros.
On the basis of reciprocity, from payment of the fee may be exempt retirees, the disabled and children under 18 (eighteen) years of age.
5. the border area residents local border traffic permit shall be issued with a validity period of one year to five years, but no longer as a valid travel document expires.
The total duration of residence in the country of the other party in the territory of the border local border traffic during the term of validity of the licence may not exceed 90 (ninety) days for 6 (six) months.
1. Article 5 of the local border traffic permit residents of border areas of the local border traffic permit issuing authorities shall submit the following documents: a) a valid travel document;
(b)) to complete the questionnaire;
d) a document showing that the contracted medical insurance contract that is valid on the first voyage.
2. If necessary, local border traffic permit to the issuing authority may require additional documents to verify the purpose and the conditions of entry, that person legally resident in the border area.
3. Local border traffic permit shall be issued within twenty (20) working days from the date of submission of the documents referred to in this article.
4. If you need additional documents submitted for assay, in some cases, the local border traffic permit may be extended up to 30 (thirty) working days.
6. Article 1. within six months from the date of signing of this agreement the parties through diplomatic channels, in addition to those agreements under article 4 of the first paragraph of the application procedure.
2. within six months from the date of signing of this agreement the Parties shall exchange through diplomatic channels with the local border traffic permit. If the local border traffic permit is introduced in the model changes, the Parties shall send each other their sample no later than one month prior to their introduction.
1. If one of the parties in the border areas of the country, staying in the country of the other party in the territory of the border disappear or are damaged during the valid travel documents or a local border traffic permit, the person shall immediately notify the residence country of the Interior authorities, free of charge, shall issue a certificate attesting the fact of such notice.
2. in the first paragraph of this article, that person may, without a visa or other permission to return to their country of permanent residence, if these people are returning to the certificate or valid travel documents.
Article 8 the country of one of the parties in the border area residents, in accordance with the provisions of this agreement the other party country staying in the border territory, have the right to leave the territory outside the border of this arrangement in the case referred to in article 7, to visit the nearest your country of citizenship or usual residence of diplomatic and consular missions of the institutions or with the purpose to receive a certificate of return or valid travel documents.
9. Article 1. Issues not governed by the terms of this arrangement, namely, the refusal to issue a local border traffic permit, its cancellation or revocation, denial of entry, residence and expulsion of shortening, dealt with in accordance with the Republic of Latvia and the European Union, of the one part, and the Republic of Belarus law on the other.
2. On the one hand the State border area residents, in accordance with the provisions of this agreement the other party country staying in the border territory, must respect the law of the country of residence.
3. On the one hand the State border area residents who have gone through this agreement or the order of entry, exit and residence regulations of the other party in the territory of the border, are responsible in accordance with their national legislation.
Article 10 in exceptional cases where national security, public order or the interests of public health, the parties reserve the right to fully or partially suspend the operation of this agreement. The party, which made such a decision, as soon as possible, but not later than within 24 (twenty four) hours from the time of adoption of the decision through diplomatic channels, shall inform the other party of such measures and appropriate for their abolition.
Article 11 the parties ' competent authorities, without creating obstacles, take back their territory all persons staying in the territory of the other State under this agreement.
Article 12 1. By mutual written agreement of this agreement may be amended and supplemented. Such amendments and supplements are an integral part of this arrangement, and the entry into force of this agreement article 14, first paragraph.
2. Issues related to the implementation of this agreement, the parties will address mutual consultation and negotiation.
Article 13 the Parties shall exchange information concerning the changes to the parties ' national legislation governing foreigners ' entry, exit and residence issues.
1. Article 14 this agreement is concluded for an unlimited duration and shall enter into force on the day of receipt through diplomatic channels of the last written notification that the parties have completed internal procedures necessary for the entry into force of this agreement.
2. each party may terminate the operation of this arrangement, announced in writing to the other party. In such a case, this agreement in the event of termination by 3 (three) months from the date of receipt of this notice.
15. Article 1 of the agreement effective date of lapse of the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Republic of Belarus an agreement on simplifying the visa arrangements for border residents who signed the 2002 November 27.
2. the Visa issued in accordance with the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Republic of Belarus an agreement on simplifying the visa arrangements for border residents, are valid until their expiry date, subject to the terms and conditions contained in this agreement are intended for local border traffic permit.
Signed in Riga, 23 august 2010 in two original copies, each in the Latvian, Belarusian and Russian languages, each text being equally authentic. In case of dispute on the interpretation of the provisions of this arrangement it is the text in Russian.
The Government of the Republic of Latvia [Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia in the Aiv a seal] the Government of the Republic of Belarus [Republic of Belarus Foreign Minister Sergei Martinov dancing their] the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Republic of Belarus for the Republic of Latvia and the Republic of Belarus in the border area between the population and the simplification of the journey of the annex the Republic of Latvia and the Republic of Belarus in the border area of territorial administrative list of vienību in the Republic of Latvia Republic city: Daugavpils aglona municipality aglona, grāveri Šķeltova parish, kastuļina,.
Dagda municipality Dagda town and Andrupene, andzeļi, asūne, bērziņi, Dagda, ezernieki, Konstantinova, ķepova, svariņi, šķaune parish.
Daugavpils district ambeļi, bikernieki, salakas, tauragnai, laucesa līksna, maļinova naujene, medumi,, creeping, Approximately, svente, Tabor, vecsaliena parish, *.
Ilūkste municipality Šēder parish.
Krāslava district of Krāslava town and auleja, Indra, izvalta, kalnieši, Kaplava, Kombuļi parish, piedruja, Kraslava, robežnieki, beautiful, ūdrīši parishes.
Ludza district-Brigi, Istra, nirza parish, in the performance of rundēni.
Rezeknes district kaunata parish.
Zilupe municipality Zilupe city and Lauder, Pasien, zaļesje parish.
In the Republic of Belarus: Verhņedvinsk district bihosava, Chapaev, Sarj, Osvej, Kohanovič, Belkovščin Village Council members, the city – vierchniadzvinsk.
Mior district Povjatj, Perebrodj, Dolginov, Mior, Nova State, the village of Pogost Turkov, Council members, city-Мior.
Braslav district, Pļus of the Druj, Slabodka, Opsi, Daļokij, Ahremovc, Mežan, Teterk, Vidz Village Council of Deputies, town, village, braslau-Vidz.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia