Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/221393
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: law on precursors "to do" in the law on precursors "(Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1996, no. 12; 1998, no. 15; 2004, nr. 9; 2007, no. 21) the following amendments: 1. Replace the words" throughout the Act the national medicines agency "(fold) with the words" the State Agency of medicines "(fold).
2. in article 1: expressions 1, 2, 3 and 4 as follows: "1) precursors (substances lists): a substance that can be used in the illicit manufacture of narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances for making and which comply with the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 February 2004, Regulation (EC) No 273/2004 on drug precursors (hereinafter Regulation No 273/2004) article 2" a "and" b "and the Council in the 2004 December 22 of Regulation (EC) No 111/2005 laying down rules for the supervision of trade in drug precursors between the community and third countries (hereinafter Regulation No 111/2005), article 2, "a" and "b" referred to the explanations of terms;
2) movement — with the Regulation No. 273/2004 article 2 referred to the "c" term explanation;
3) exports — of Regulation No 111/2005 article 2 "d" terms referred to the explanation;
4) imports — Regulation No 111/2005 article 2 referred to the "c" term explanation; ";
5. turn off the point.
3. Express article 2 by the following: ' article 2. The law governing natural and legal persons with precursors under Regulation (EC) No 273/2004, Regulation (EC) No 111/2005, the Commission on 27 July 2005, Regulation (EC) No 1277/2005 on the implementation of the provisions of European Parliament and Council Regulation (EC) No 273/2004 on drug precursors and for Council Regulation (EC) No 111/2005 laying down rules for the trade in drug precursors between the community and third countries supervision (hereinafter Regulation No 261/2005) , and its purpose is to avoid this substance getting into illicit circulation. "
4. Supplement with chapter I article 2.1 the following: "2.1 article. (1) Regulation (EC) No 273/2004 3, 8, 11 and 13 and Regulation No 111/2005 of 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 16, 20, 24, 26 and 32. the competent authorities referred to in article does the State Agency of medicines.
(2) Regulation (EC) No 273/2004 and article 16 of Regulation No 111/2005, article 27 of the said competent authority functions health inspection. "
5. Make article 3 by the following: ' article 3. Operators that participate in the categories 2 and 3 precursor, register with the State Agency of medicines, other than in article 4 of this law, these cases. "
6. To make article 4 (2) of the following: "2) category 2 precursors within the quantities laid down under Regulation No 273/2004, article 6 and 3 categories in the movement of precursors in quantities determined in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 1277/2005 article 14;".
7. To supplement the law with article 5.1 by the following: ' article 5.1. The decision on this law referred to in article 5 of the special permission (license) the granting, suspension or withdrawal of the State Agency of medicines shall be adopted. The State Agency of medicines of this law, the decision referred to in article 5 of the special permission (license) the suspension or withdrawal of the opposition or appeal shall not suspend its activity. "
8. Turn off in article 6 the words "order and precursor chain".
9. Chapter III of turn.
10. Turn off article 14.
11. Express article 15, introductory part paragraphs 1 and 2 by the following: ' article 15. The application addressed to the State Agency of medicines of the precursor to an import or export permit, the exporter shall: 1) and its address, and the address of the importer, any operator participating in the export or import of the transport operation, the consignee;
2) precursor name; ".
12. Turn article 16, the words "and" transit ".
13. Turn off the second sentence of article 17.
14. Express article 21 the following: ' article 21. This statutory authorization of imports and exports are not to be received in respect of the medicine, and household chemical goods. "
15. in article 23: make the first part of paragraph 1 by the following: "1) prepare and submit to the UN International Drug Control Council and the European Commission the annual statistical reports on the movement of precursors;"
to supplement the first part of paragraph 3 with the following: "3) prepare and submit to the European Commission quarterly reports about seized and detained precursors.";
to supplement the article with a fifth by the following: "(5) the State revenue service and State Police prepare quarterly reports about seized and detained precursors and 20 the following month date submit them to the State Agency of medicines."
The law in the Parliament adopted the 2010 October 28.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga of the 2010 November 17.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia