Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/232244
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the Highway Traffic Act to make the Highway Traffic Act (the Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, nr. 22; 2000, 3, 14, 15; 2001, nr. 6. No; 2003, 17; 2005, nr. 13. No; 2006, 2. No; 2007, 3, 7, 21; 2008, 13. no no; 2009, 1., 7., no. 14; Latvian journal 2010, 86, 151 no; 2011., nr. 46) the following amendments: 1. Supplement article 1 with 24.1 points as follows: "241) the condition of the vehicle — a vehicle (as a whole) and a separate it system components and parameters of the condition and operational characteristics, as well as the security of the vehicle with the legislation that vehicle equipment;".
2. Article 4 shall be expressed in the fifth part of the third sentence as follows: "Cabinet of Ministers issued rules on the legislation down the road traffic safety Directorate approve the service price list, as well as determining the persons who are exempted from payment for those services."
3. Express article 8 the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the emergency and exceptional situation during road restrictions may be determined in accordance with the regulations on emergency and exceptional condition."
4. Supplement article 9 the fifth paragraph 8 with the following: "8), which is not mentioned in this part 1., 2., 3., 4., 5., 6 or 7, but no longer than five days from the date of the person according to the sixth paragraph of this article referred to in the provisions of the Cabinet of Ministers is authorised to participate in road traffic and not more than two times in a calendar year."
5. Express 10.1 article as follows: "article 10.1. Duty of State technical supervision Agency vehicles be registered prior to the registration of vehicles the State technical supervision agency of the tenement public vehicle registration fee. State technical supervision agency to be registered in the vehicle registration duty rates, payment arrangements and facilities shall be determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
6. Turn article 16, first paragraph, first and second sentence and second sentence of the seventh paragraph, the words "and equipment".
7. Supplement article 16 with part 6.1 and 6.2 as follows: "(61) in Latvia and foreign countries not previously registered (A), (B) and (D) the technical category of driving licence under new technical (engine not exceeding 20 motorstund) — except for utilities, self-propelled implements universal pašgājējmašīn and bulldozers — first national technical inspection shall be carried out no later than 24 months after the vehicle was first registered in Latvia. Registering such vehicles while being given permission to participate in road traffic for 24 months. Future State technical inspection shall be carried out and allowed to take part in road traffic, subject to the fifth and sixth in the second sentence of the subparagraph. If the technical control of the vehicle on the road, are found the following implements technical state of non-compliance with regulatory requirements, the relevant permission to participate in road traffic in the seventh part of this article in the Cabinet and in the cases provided for in the order is cancelled.
(62) the provisions of this law on the authorisation to participate in road traffic and the technical inspection of the country do not apply to: 1) tramway, trolleybus and the specialized tourist vehicle technical condition control, provided by the local government. The Municipal Council shall issue rules that determine the relevant authorities, it competencies and technical control of the situation;
2) moped and off-road vehicles which temporarily participate in road traffic;
3) vehicles registered in foreign countries and who participate in road traffic with transit number plates. "
8. Supplement article 23 with the seventh subparagraph by the following: "(7) where the driver of the other vehicle categories, including technical, runs only with M, A1 or tram driving of vehicles in category law, considered that this driver by running the vehicle, no driving rights. This condition for A1 and the tram driving of category does not apply to the rights referred to in the third subparagraph of the conditions. "
9. Article 25: turn off in the first paragraph, the words "road transport inspection official (passenger and freight road transport control)";
Add to the second paragraph after the words "and assembled" with the words "including the first aid kit, the contents of which correspond to legislation on first aid for necessary medical minimum material";
supplemented with the sentence of the fourth subparagraph by the following: "where the licence is destroyed, and the order in which the driver's licence is destroyed, determined by the Cabinet of Ministers."
10. Express article 28, first paragraph, (1) of the following: 1) if there is a "from the following conditions: (a)) that the driver of the motor vehicle driving length is greater than two years ago, the concentration of alcohol in the blood exceeds 0.5 [permil], b) driver, which the driving of motor vehicles shall not exceed two years ' seniority, the concentration of alcohol in the blood exceeds 0.2 promiles, c) driver that controls the D, D1, d1e , DE, and CONTROL of the categories for THREE vehicles, the concentration of alcohol in the blood exceeds 0.2 promiles moped or bicycle, d) driver's blood alcohol content exceeds 0.5 [permil]; ".
11. Add to article 29 to the fifth subparagraph by the following: "(5) If the person driving the right is taken away for a year or longer, or driving rights are deprived of driving the alcoholic beverage, narcotic, psychotropic, toxic or other intoxicating substances, as well as if the person carrying the infringement point system is set out in the framework of the driving prohibition of the use, the right person to restore the driving right , law on the acquisition and restoration of the established pass a theoretical exam and management. "
12. Express 30. the second paragraph of article 2 of the following paragraph: "2) identity document in the specified name or ID number does not match the driving licence and in the 30 days of driving licences is not exchanged, — until the new licence;".
13. in article 30.1: replace the first paragraph, the words "medical inquiry or opinion on medical pretindikācij of driving" with the words "the information that the medical establishment entered the vehicle and their managers in the national register";
to make a fifth by the following: "(5) the early health checks are carried out by the driver, who prosecuted for driving under the influence of alcoholic beverages, drugs, or other intoxicating substances. To the driver regain driving privileges, he is the seventh part of this article in the manner set out early health screening, for which the results of the medical establishment information enter the vehicle and driver registers. "
14. Supplement article 38 the second part of the sentence by the following: "agreement on traffic organization technical deployment, installing and removing refers to compliance with standards of road safety."
15. off the third paragraph of article 40.
16. Replace article 45, second paragraph, the words "national Office for vehicles which provide Government mail delivery" with the words "the Parliamentary State of vehicles, vehicles of the Office national office vehicles and vehicles of the Ministry, which delivered mail".
17. transitional provisions be supplemented with 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26 as follows: "Amendment 21 Article 25 of this law in the first part of the word" inspection officer of road transport (passenger and freight road transport control) "exclusion comes into force 1 April 2011.
22. The Cabinet of Ministers until 2011 to September 1 issued by this law, the provisions referred to in article 10.1 of the State technical supervision agency to be registered in the country of vehicle registration fees, payment arrangements and incentives. Up to the date of entry into force of the relevant provisions, but not longer than until 1 September 2011 to apply to the Cabinet on 8 November 2005, the provisions of no. 845 "rules on vehicle registration duty (vehicle registry fee)", to the extent they do not conflict with this Act.
23. The Cabinet of Ministers to 2011 December 30, issued by this law, in article 4, the provisions referred to in the fifth subparagraph of the statutory Road Safety Directorate approve the service price list, as well as determining the persons who are exempted from payment for those services. Up to the date of entry into force of the relevant provisions, but no longer than up to 2011 December 30, apply to the Cabinet of Ministers of 18 December 2007 rules no 879 "rules for State joint stock company" Road Safety Directorate "within the framework of public administration functions paid service provided in the price list" in so far as they do not conflict with this Act.
24. This Act amendment of article 9 of the fifth replenishment with paragraph 8 shall enter into force on 1 august 2011.
25. This law amendment on article 16 replenishment with 6.1 part shall enter into force on January 1, 2012.
Amendment 26 article 28 of this law, the first subparagraph of paragraph 1 of the new version of the revision shall enter into force on January 1, 2012. "
The Saeima adopted the law on 9 June 2011.
President Valdis Zatlers in Riga V 2011 June 29
Search Translated Laws of Latvia