The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: For the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Russian Federation Agreement on cooperation in emergency prevention and elimination in the field of article 1. 2010 December 20, Moscow signed by the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Russian Federation for cooperation in emergency prevention and elimination (hereinafter Agreement) with this law is accepted and approved.
2. article. Agreement obligations are coordinated by the Ministry of the Interior.
3. article. The agreement shall enter into force under article 17 thereof within the time and in order, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall notify the newspaper "journal".
4. article. The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation. With the law put the agreement in the Latvian language.
The law adopted by the Parliament in July 1, 2011.
The President a. Smith in 2011 July 20, the Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Russian Federation for cooperation in emergency prevention and elimination in the area of Government of the Republic of Latvia and the Government of the Russian Federation, hereinafter referred to as the parties, acknowledging that cooperation in emergency prevention and elimination area will promote both prosperity and security, realizing the danger, which the two countries creates an emergency, noting that the exchange of scientific and technical information emergency prevention and elimination in the interests of both parties taking into account the exceptional situation of the likelihood that cannot be eliminated with only one hand, forces and means, and the need for the two countries to coordinate activities with a view to preventing and eliminating emergency situations, based on both ecological system of interdependence that requires the implementation of cooperation in emergency prevention and elimination, agreed on the following: (l) the term in this article apply to the agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings : "the competent authority"-the authority by each of the parties in the implementation of this arrangement means work involving management and coordination;
"requesting party"-a party that turns to the other side with a request to send assistance, equipment, and material assistance;
"indemnifying party"-a party which executes the request of the other party to send assistance, equipment, and material assistance;
"the group" – assisting the parties organized by professionals (experts) group for assistance and is provided with the necessary equipment;
"emergency"-the situation in an area that has developed emergency, hazardous natural phenomena, disasters, natural or other disaster, and which may cause or has caused loss of human lives, damage to human health or the environment, significant income loss and distortion of the conditions of human life;
"emergency zone"-the area in which the emergency has occurred;
"the prevention of emergency situations"-time for you to take a series of measures that are focused on maximum likelihood of emergency risk reduction, as well as on human health, environmental damage and material losses it incurred in the event of reduction;
"emergency relief"-rescue and other urgent works that are made due to exceptional situations and which are focused on the rescue of human life and health, environmental damage and material loss reduction, as well as emergency zones, the inherent dangerous locale for business interruption;
"rescue"-human, material and cultural survival, environmental protection emergency zone, locale and the emergency of dangerous factors inherent to the elimination or prevention of the exposure to the minimum possible level.
"inventory"-materials, technical and transport means, the provision of assistance to the Group's equipment and the provision of assistance of the members of the Group of personal equipment;
"material" means material that is intended for distribution among the population, which has suffered extreme situations;
"third countries"-countries whose Governments are parties to this agreement.
Article 2 the competent authorities the competent authorities of the parties are: Latvia-Latvian State fire and rescue service, the Republic of Latvia to the emergency medical service;
from the Russian side-the Russian Federation's Civil Defense, emergencies and natural disasters in the relief Ministry.
In the event of a change in the name of the competent authorities of the parties or is designated by the competent authorities of the other party in writing through diplomatic channels to inform each other about it.
Article 3 Cooperation form of cooperation in the framework of this agreement, provide for: the provision of cooperation between competent authorities of the parties, including events that are related to the provision of assistance to third countries in emergency relief;
emergency prevention and elimination measures in planning and operations;
Exchange of experiences on the preparation of the population activities in emergencies;
joint research project planning, development and implementation of the exchange of scientific and technical literature and research results;
Exchange of information, periodicals, methodical and other literature, video and photo materials;
joint conferences, seminars, consultations, teaching, training and the organisation of specialised exhibitions;
the preparation of specialists in accordance with the Treaty of the other State institutions and trainees, teachers, scientists and professionals Exchange;
other activities the emergency prevention and elimination, as may be agreed between the competent authorities of the parties.
Article 4 of this agreement a joint Commission implementing measures to the competent authorities of the Parties shall establish a joint Commission for cooperation in emergency prevention and elimination. Its composition, functions and the agenda will be the Commission's Charter, approved by the competent authorities of the parties.
Article 5 notification of emergencies, the competent authorities of the parties in writing (in particularly urgent cases verbal) English (if the competent authorities of the parties otherwise agree) without delay exchange information about emergencies that can spread over the territory of the other party.
Article 6 provision of assistance in the liquidation of emergency situations 1. Institutions that send requests for assistance is at hand.
2. the assistance shall be implemented on the basis of the request, in which the requesting party sends information about the nature of the emergency, specifying the required type, amount and terms.
3. the Notifying party at shorter time limits, examine the request and inform the requesting Party of the provision of assistance, the extent and conditions.
4. the Notifying parties of the group operating and coordinating the implementation of the requesting party to the competent authority by the group leader.
5. Assistance in the emergency relief provided by sending assistance, help or other material requested in the form.
6. Provision of assistance groups carry out rescue and other urgent work in the emergency area.
7. The requesting Party shall inform the Group supervisor on conditions and, if necessary, provide interpreters for these groups, and communication features, as well as provide security guards, free medical services and coordination.
8. the Notifying party to insure the provision of assistance to the groups health and life.
9. The provision of assistance to groups of equipment must be sufficient to be able to take autonomous action 72 hours. The item in the event of termination the requesting party to ensure that, free of charge the group with further work required.
Article 7 border crossing rules for the provision of assistance to the groups and their subsistence mode requesting parties in the national territory 1. Visa or transit visa (if the emergency relief assistance in third countries) the provision of assistance to the group members issued the order of urgency, including certain national border crossings, the production of a valid identity card and requesting parties in such status, in the provision of assistance to the group members list, inventory and materials list , assisting the competent authorities of the party document issued confirming the powers of the head of the group, as well as the requesting party, or in the case of a third country transit a written request for assistance.
2. The provision of assistance to the groups test the limits, crossing the requesting party's State border, carried out for national border crossings.
3. Russian origin dog breed groups that are providing assistance to the group, the border crossing point and stay in the territory of the requesting Party shall specify the quarantine regulations in force in the territory of the country.
4. The provision of assistance to members of the group, staying in the requesting party's territory, must respect the laws of this State.
5. The provision of assistance to the group, the movement of inventory and help materials using road transport, rail transport, water transport or air transport. Persons who drive vehicles, appropriate must be documents which entitle them to drive, and vehicle registration certificates (other than railway rolling stock of the registration certificate).
6. the use of vehicles in order to determine the competent authorities of the parties after consulting the parties to the relevant authorities.
Article 8 inventory and help material inward and outward for emergency assistance and rehabilitation 1. Inventory and materials imported into the requesting party's territory and left the territory of the notifying parties to provide emergency relief, are exempt from customs duties, taxes each party's national law.
2. Inventory and help customs documentation of the material takes place in a simplified form and priority to the parties a notice issued by the competent authorities, with the assistance of the group composition, imported or exported in the inventory and list of material assistance.
3. Provision of assistance groups are forbidden to carry any goods, except for the inventory and help materials.
4. at the end of the work of the imported equipment is removed from the territory of the requesting party.
5. If the victims do not need to provide emergency medical assistance, the requesting party's territory after the reconciliation with it can be imported into a specific quantity of medical preparations containing narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, which do not transfer to the requesting party, and shall apply only to treatment staff with appropriate qualifications of representatives claiming party control. The provision of assistance to the unused time of medical preparations containing narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, must be returned to the reporting party's territory.
6. Medical preparations containing narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, inward and outward going on each party's national law.
7. The provisions of this article shall also apply to importation and removal of equipment, which is necessary for the performance of joint training.
Article 9 use of aircraft 1. Notifying the competent authority of a party shall notify the requesting competent authority of the party of providing assistance to the decision to use the aircraft, giving the aircraft registration number countries, type, registration number and identification marking, each Member of the crew of the aircraft and the number of passengers, the flight routes (take-off and landing location and time), the air carrier, the flight and cargo description (with inventory and listing of material assistance).
2. The requesting Party shall give right to the aircraft carrying the relief groups, inventory and material assistance, which rises from the territory of the other party, to use air corridors, in accordance with the international treaties and the rules of navigation.
3. flights are implemented in accordance with each party's national law.
4. Air border controls and customs controls are performed by aircraft for landing sites.
Article 10 transit 1. According to this agreement the Parties shall provide the necessary support to allow the provision of assistance to the group, inventory and material assistance for the transit through their territories, to take steps that are related to the provision of assistance to third countries in emergency relief. In addition, concerning the provision of assistance to the group, inventory and material assistance of transit by land of this arrangement apply to articles 7 and 8 of the rules.
2. Each Party shall ensure the provision of assistance to the group, inventory and material assistance to air transit, to take steps that are related to the provision of assistance to third countries in emergency relief.
11. Article 1 of the cover the requesting Party shall reimburse to the assisting party the costs associated with the provision of assistance on the basis of the mutual assistance provisions of the spending, which has been signed by both parties, the representatives of the competent authorities, unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
2. The requesting Party shall pay the medical and transport expenses to the members of the group in the event of injury or death, if this is the case the requesting party's territory, the discharge of the implementation of this arrangement, related tasks.
3. The requesting Party shall have the right at any time to withdraw your request for assistance, in this case, the notifying Party shall have the right to receive the compensation of expenditure already made.
4. Expenses for 30 working days after receiving the assisting party, unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
5. insurance costs do not include design assistance total expenditure and not reimbursed.
6. the party requesting the Notifying parties in the territory of the country is exempt from the payment of flights, aircraft landing and parking at the airport and take off from it, as well as from the payment of air navigation services, unless the parties agree otherwise.
Article 12 damages 1. If with this arrangement, the associated tasks, relief group member causes injury to a natural or legal person requesting parties in the territory of the country, damages the requesting party in accordance with the requesting party to national laws or regulations.
2. the notifying Party shall bear the loss, which help the group created within the framework of activities that are not directly related to the provision of assistance to a natural or legal person, the requesting party's territory, the requesting party in accordance with national laws and regulations.
Article 13 use of information information received under this arrangement, certain activities, with the exception of information that is not subject to disclosure, in accordance with each party's laws and regulations shall be published and applied in accordance with each party's national conventional practices and regulations, if the competent authorities of the parties ' representatives have not agreed otherwise in writing.
Article 14 settlement of disputes disputes between the parties relating to the interpretation and application of this agreement, deal negotiation, the competent authorities of the parties.
Disputes that are not resolved in this way, the Parties addressed consultation and negotiation.
Article 15 relationship to other international agreements this agreement does not affect the rights and obligations of the parties arising from other international treaties to which the States parties are parties.
Article 16 amendments to agreement This agreement may be amended by mutual agreement of the parties, which are presented as separate protocols, which shall enter into force under article 17 of this agreement set out in the agenda.
Article 17 final provisions 1 this Agreement shall enter into force on the date when received through diplomatic channels of the last written notification that the parties have completed a national internal procedures necessary for its entry into force.
2. This agreement is concluded for an indefinite period and remain in effect for 90 days from the date on which one of the parties through diplomatic channels receives written notice from the other party of its intention to terminate its operation.
3. termination of this Agreement shall not affect its performance, but the dissolution of the incomplete implementation of the measures, unless the parties agree otherwise.
Signed in Moscow on 20 December 2011 in two copies, each in the Latvian and Russian languages, both texts being equally valid.
The Government of the Republic of Latvia in the Home Affairs Mūrniec Linda, Minister of the Russian Federation Government Sergey Šoig emergency Minister