The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the law "on the European Community's permanent residence status in the Republic of Latvia" make law "on European Community's permanent resident status in the Republic of Latvia (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2006, no. 15) the following amendments: 1. Replace the name of the law and in the text, the words" the community "with the word" Union ".
2. in article 1: (1) replace the words "in cases of force majeure, the accession URu.tml.)" with the words and figures "in cases of force majeure, the accession URu.tml). European Union blue card holder shall be deemed to be excused absence if the reason is economic activity is carried out by the employee or self-employed person, or the exercise of voluntary service, or studying in your country of origin and the absence of the European Union has not been longer than 12 consecutive months or not more than 18 months ";
to supplement the article with a paragraph 4 as follows: "4) the country of origin, the country of nationality of the person (countries) or former habitual residence."
3. Article 3: Add to the first part of paragraph 3 after the words "residence permit" with the words "or the last two years before the filing of the stayed in the Republic of Latvia as the European Union blue card holder or a European Union blue card holder's family";
make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) continuous residence period includes: 1) accredited educational institutions students or full-time students of the training time in the Republic of Latvia, but not more than half of it;
2) time, which is a citizen of a third country as a European Union blue card holder or his/her family member resided in another Member State of the European Union just before the European Union blue card acquisition in the Republic of Latvia;
3) time, which is not a citizen of Latvia stayed in another Member State of the European Union, if it had not been more than five years. ";
adding to the third paragraph after the words "the Republic of Latvia with" with the words "or without a visa, in accordance with arrangements laid down in the Republic of Latvia of binding international agreements or legislation of the European Union".
4. Article 4: Add to the introductory part of the first subparagraph following the words "consular office" with the word "personally";
make the first part of paragraph 1 by the following: "1) application;"
turn off the first part of paragraph 2;
to complement the text of the third part with the following wording: "If a third-country national's legal residence expires in the Republic of Latvia has got less than 90 days, the boss or the authorized officer may be allowed to submit documents for requesting status if it meets the national interests of Latvia or is associated with or can be compelling humanitarian considerations and is based on the relevant documents. In such cases, the decision to adopt the 45 days or 10 working days depending on how long the third-country national is entitled to reside in the Republic of Latvia. "
5. To make article 6 by the following: "article 6. The decision on the grant or refusal of the status to be granted shall be adopted within 90 days from the date of submission of the document. If the status is requested is not a citizen of Latvia, a decision shall be taken within 30 days. "
6. in article 7: replace the first paragraph, the words ' EC long-term resident "with the words" permanent resident "of the EU;
to supplement the first part with a new second sentence as follows: "If the status is receiving a European Union blue card holder, his residence permit in addition to do" former European Union blue card holder ".";
consider the current second sentence of the first subparagraph of the third sentence;
to turn off the second paragraph, the words "submitted to the administration of the questionnaire for requesting the residence permit and the production of a valid travel document";
Add to the second part of the sentence the following wording: "To registered residence permit, third country national administration present a valid travel document and a document certifying payment of that duty has been paid on the registration of residence permit."
7. Supplement article 12, first paragraph, point 4 with the word and figure "or 24 months if the third-country national before the receipt of the status has been a European Union blue card holder or his/her family member and absence related to conducting economic activities as an employed or self-employed capacity or performance of voluntary service".
8. Make the informative reference to European Union directives as follows: "Informative reference to European Union directives, the law includes provisions resulting from: 1) Council of 25 November 2003 of Directive 2003/109/EC concerning the status of third-country nationals who are long-term residents;
2) Council on 25 May 2009. directive 2009/50/EC on the conditions of entry and residence of third-country nationals for the purposes of highly qualified employment. "
The Parliament adopted the law of July 8, 2011.
The President a. Smith in 2011 on July 28.