Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/233708
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law "amendments to the foreign status of the armed forces of the Republic of Latvia" make law "status of foreign armed forces in the Republic of Latvia (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1997, no. 5; 2001, 7, 16; no 2002; 2005, nr. 2. No; 2006, nr. 12) the following amendments: 1. To supplement the law with article 2.1, the following:" 2.1 article. Foreign armed forces stay in the legal basis for foreign armed forces units staying in the Republic of Latvia, through cooperation, laid down in international treaties. "
2. Express 3.1 article as follows: "article 3.1. Foreign land armed forces transit through the territory of the Republic of Latvia (1), the decision of the national armed forces units of land transit through the territory of the Republic of Latvia, which is not the North Atlantic Treaty Organization or the European Union (hereinafter third countries), if at the same time these areas through more than 500 military personnel, from third countries shall be adopted by the Minister for defence coordination with the Foreign Ministry and the Interior Ministry. If the territory of the Republic of Latvia in transit by land at the cross more than 500 military personnel, from third countries shall be adopted by the Cabinet.
(2) the third-country units of the armed forces of the territory of the Republic of Latvia in transit by land traversing the national armed forces. "
3. Express article 10 by the following: ' article 10. Electronic communications (1) a public electronic communications network services are provided in accordance with the electronic communications Act.
(2) foreign armed forces to attain the objective of military exercises or manoeuvres to your needs, you can set up and use electronic means of communication (including radio system) after the authorization, subject to the national frequency plan set out in the radio spectrum band distribution of radio types and distribution, radio systems, as well as the radio spectrum band general conditions of use.
(3) permission to install and use the foreign armed forces radio system the State joint stock company "electronic communications Directorate" (hereinafter referred to as the communications Directorate) of the Republic of Latvia at the Defense Ministry's request. Such authorization in respect of certain radio equipment or systems or certain types of radiocommunications shall be issued by the Ministry of defence of the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Latvia, if the Ministry of Defense about it has concluded the agreement with the communications Directorate.
(4) permission to install and use the foreign armed forces radio system radio frequency bands which, in the national plan for radio frequencies allocated exclusively for national defence radio systems operating in accordance with the national plan for radio frequencies for radio type specified in, issued by the Ministry of defence of the Republic of Latvia, having regard to the communications Directorate notified the international radio coordination results if international coordination is required, and binding for Latvia in an international agreement, if such contract is concluded.
(5) If you need to take additional measures to prevent the interference of Latvia electronic communication network, which could lead to certain foreign armed forces radio equipment or system, or another specific electrical appliances, the Ministry of defence of the Republic of Latvia shall monitor such foreign armed forces equipment, including certain radio equipment or system, or the nature of the radio regulations, restrictions or bans. "
4. Express article 12.1, as follows: "article 12.1. Military exercises or manoeuvres military exercises and manoeuvres take place of the Latvian national armed forces training centres, landfills and other areas. If learning takes place outside the Latvian national armed forces training centres and landfill sites, they should coordinate with the owner of the territory. "
The Parliament adopted the law of 14 July 2011.
The President a. Smith in 2011 on July 28.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia