Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/237183
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to law "on personal income tax" make law "on personal income tax" (the Republic of Latvia Supreme Council and Government Informant, 1993, 22/23.nr.; The Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1994, nr. 2, 23; in 1995, 8., no. 14; 1996, no. 9; 1997, nr. 3, 21; in 1998, no 1; 1999, nr. 24; 2000, no. 5; 2001, no. 1, 24; in 2002, no 6; 2003, no. 15; 2004, no. 2; in 2005, 2., 8., no. 24; in 2006, 14, no. 22; 2007, 3, 12, 24 no; 2008, no. 12; 2009, 1., 2., no. 15, 16; Latvian journal, 2009, 200. no; 2010, 82, 131.178.206., no; 2011, 99, 144. No.) the amendments are as follows: 1. Article 3, third paragraph: Express 7.1 points as follows: ' 71) income of the Republic of Latvia on the disposal of real estate and other capital assets income according to article 9 of this law, except for income from public circulation in disposal of financial instruments, also from Latvia or another Member State of the European Union or European economic area State and local debt securities transfer; "
Add to part with point 9.2 as follows: ' 92) income from sale of scrap; ".
2. Replace article 6, the words "main site" with the words "where a person considered to be the main income generating sites".
3. in article 8: Supplement third with 15.1 points as follows: "151) income from sale of scrap;";
Add to article 5.1 part as follows: "5.1 If a life assurance contract (with storage) is terminated before the deadline without reaching this law, article 8, paragraph 1, the fifth subparagraph shall set out in the five year period, taxable income in the tax year, when the repurchase amount is paid (or, if the calculated amount of the repurchase is zero — the year when the contract is terminated before the deadline), the increase of the previous tax years, eligible expenses include the payment of insurance premiums in connection with the termination of the contract. This income is applied to its gainful employment income within a specific tax rate, which is set in the year when requested is paid in the amount of repurchase. "
4. Article 9, first paragraph: Add to 19.2 points to the "c" section as follows: "(c)) the scrap metal sales;"
Add to paragraph 36, the words "or compensation for intellectual property and rights to them (royalty, izpildītājatlīdzīb, science, literature and art, discovery, invention and industrial samples of authors and their heirs royalties) or compensation for the right to use intellectual property".
5. Supplement article 10 with the sixth part as follows: "6. If a life assurance contract (with storage) is terminated before the deadline without reaching this law, article 8, paragraph 1, the fifth subparagraph shall set out in the five year period, the first part of paragraph 6 shall not apply for all the years of operation."
6. Turn off the seventh paragraph of article 11.
7. To make article 13, first paragraph, point 1, subpoint "f" by the following: "(f)) to a minor brother and sister, as well as a brother and sister, while brother and sister continue the General, vocational, higher or special education, but no longer than up to 24 years of age, if they are not working," parents.
8. Add to article 15 of the seventh subparagraph after the number "9.1" with name and number "and" and after "numbers 9.2 15." — with a name and a number "and 15.1".
9. Supplement article 3.2 part 16.1 the following: "3.2 If a life assurance contract (with storage) is terminated before the deadline without reaching this law, article 8, paragraph 1, the fifth subparagraph shall set out in the five year period, the income gain shall be considered as the date when the amount is paid to repurchase."
10. Supplement article 17 twelfth after the number "7." with the number "9".
11. Article 24: to complement the second paragraph after the word "except" with the words "income referred to in the seventh paragraph, or";
to supplement the article with the seventh and eighth by the following: "7. the duty shall be Latvian resident employed labour income generated in another Member State of the European Union or a country with which Latvia has concluded and the entry into force of the Convention for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion.
8. the seventh paragraph of this article shall not apply to article 8 of this law, in the fourth paragraph above income. "
12. in article 26: Add to the first paragraph, after the word "person" with the word "declared";
replace the third paragraph, the words "place of residence was declared" with the words "place of residence" was declared;
adding to the fifth subparagraph of paragraph 4, after the word "or" with the word "declared";
Supplement 2 to the sixth part of the paragraph after the word "person" with the word "declared".
13. in article 28: make paragraph 6 by the following: "6) before the launch of the business register in the State revenue service as an economic analyst, indicating the economic area in which the person will carry out economic activity;"
to supplement the article with the following paragraph 12: "12") to submit to the State Revenue Service statement on the tax year in which the life insurance contract (with storage) is terminated before the deadline, the law article 8, paragraph 1, the fifth subparagraph shall set out in the five-year period, increasing the tax year taxable income for previous tax years, eligible expenses include insurance premiums, for payments in the tax year in which you paid for the repurchase amount (or, if the calculated repurchase amount is zero, the year When the contract is terminated before the deadline). "
14. off the article 29, paragraph 1, first subparagraph, the words "indicating the person's place of residence".
15. transitional provisions be supplemented with 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 and 83 of the following paragraph: "77. This law, article 3, third paragraph 9.2 points, article 8 of part 15.1 points, 9 of the first paragraph of article 19.2 points" c ", article 11 amendments in respect of the exclusion, the seventh part of the amendment to article 15 of the seventh part for tax rate article 3, third paragraph 9.2 points and article 8 the third paragraph 15.1 above income as well as the amendment to article 17, the twelfth part for parts replenishment with the number "9" apply to the income from 1 January 2012.
78. the law on amendments to article 13, first paragraph, point 1, subpoint "f" apply, starting with January 1, 2011.
79. Amendment of article 24 and the second paragraph of the amendment relating to the replenishment of this article shall apply with the seventh part income, starting with January 1, 2011.
80. Article 24 of this law, the seventh in income earned in 2008, 2009 and 2010 tax year, the tax rate of 5 percent.
81. Persons who in 2008, 2009 and 2010 tax year from article 24 of this law in the seventh paragraph of income tax paid under the tax rate in a given tax year certain income of paid employment, be entitled to a refund of excess tax amounts to be determined as the difference between the amount of taxes paid by applying the tax rate for that tax year certain income of paid employment, and the amount of the tax revenue from these specific applying a 5% interest rate.
82. Article 24 of this law, the seventh paragraph and transition rules 79., 80 and 81 of this Act do not apply article 8, referred to in the fourth paragraph the revenue and individual revenue gained from the tax year that you made the individual income tax audit (audit).
83. with regard to natural persons who before the date of entry into force of this law, the amendment to article 28, paragraph 6, have embarked on economic activity, but is not registered in the State revenue service as economic activities have applied this law, article 28, paragraph 6 of the terms that were in force before the entry into force of the amendments. "
The law in the Parliament adopted 22 September 2011.
The President a. Smith in 2011 on October 5.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia