Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/237182
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendment of the diplomatic and consular service law to make diplomatic and consular law (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1995, nr. 22; 1998; 2000, no. 14, no. 13; 2001; 2003 21 no, 8, 2005, 23 No; 9. No; 2007; 2008, no 3, 24, 3, 2009. no no; Latvian journal, 2009, 194. No.) following amendment: Express article 2 by the following: ' article 2. Diplomatic and consular mission in the diplomatic and consular service performs the following tasks: 1) ensures the Republic of Latvia and its citizens, the law "on the status of former USSR citizens who do not have Latvian citizenship of another country or" subjects and stateless persons (apatrīd), which is a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Latvia, the Republic of Latvia as well as the legal protection of the interests of persons abroad;
2) coordinated by the public authorities of the Republic of Latvia in international relations;
3) consular functions in accordance with consular rules of procedure;
4) coordinates the Latvian State institutions coordinate the activity of diplomatic protocol and provides observance of diplomatic protocol;
5) provides the Latvian State institutions and the public with information obtained abroad in any illegal manner;
6) inform the foreign official institutions and the public of the Republic of Latvia. "
The law shall enter into force on the day following its promulgation.
The law in the Parliament adopted 22 September 2011.
The President a. Smith in 2011 on October 5.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia