Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/237476
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law of energy to make the Energy Act (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, nr. 20; 2000, no. 17; 2001, no. 12; 2005, 8, 13, 14; 2008. no no; 2009, 2., no. 14; Latvian journal, 2010, 82, 106 no; 36. in 2011, no.) the following amendments: 1. Replace article 1, points 1 and 2, article 7, article 20, in the second paragraph of article 42.1, article 45.1, 45.2 in the fourth paragraph of article and article 28.1, the word "gas" (fold) with the words "natural gas" (fold).
2. in article 1 point 2: express the following: "2) power supply: a business in the field of energy, which is required to license or register, and which includes the electricity or heat production, heat or electricity, natural gas, conversion, storage, transmission, distribution or trade;"
Add to paragraph 3, after the word "licensed" by the words "or registered";
make paragraph 5 by the following: "5) energy efficiency: energy efficiency, the use of a type of end product quality and quantity ratio with energy consumption;";
Add to paragraph 16, after the words "and other" biomass "with the words" including biological liquid fuel, ";
Express 24 as follows: "24) renewables-wind, solar, geothermal, wave, tidal, hydropower, as well as aerotermāl energy (heat, which accumulates in the air), geothermal energy (heat, located beneath the land surface) and hydrothermal energy (heat, the surface waters), landfill gas, sewage treatment plant gas, biogas and biomass;";
Add to article 42 and 43 with the following: "42) the general authorisation provisions — specific thermal requirements for the production and marketing of heat or heat producer trader;
43) biological liquid fuels from biomass-derived liquid fuels used for the production of electricity or heat, but not used, and is not intended for use as fuel for vehicles. "
3. the title of chapter II be expressed by the following: "chapter II. Energy company licensing, registration and their activities ".
4. Put article 5 the first paragraph by the following: "(1) power supply merchants have adjustable merchants that provide energy users a secure, permanent and stable supply of electricity, heat and gas economically justifiable in the requested quantity and quality. Energy operators governed by this law, the law "On regulators of public services" and the electricity market Act. "
5. in article 7: put the second part as follows: "(2) the license of the electricity, heating and natural gas transmission, distribution and storage of natural gas served for 20 years, natural gas marketing, for a period of five years. Electricity trade license is issued for five years the electricity market Act. ";
to supplement the article with the third and fourth subparagraph by the following: "(3) the manufacturer or marketer of electricity, which needs to be regulated in accordance with the law" On regulators of public services "have the right to initiate the production of, or trade in electricity, if the electricity market law has registered electricity producers or traders of electricity.
(4) the manufacturer or marketer of heat which needs to be regulated in accordance with the law "On regulators of public services" have the right to initiate the heat production of, or trade in, if this law is established in the heat or heat producer trader register. "
6. To supplement the law with 7.1 and 7.2 of the article as follows: "article (1) Regulator 7.1 provides heat and heat the general authorisation of trade rules, which are binding for all heat producers and traders, which need to be regulated in accordance with the law" On regulators of public services ".
(2) the Governor form the heat and heat producers and traders to ensure public availability.
(3) the Governor shall determine the heat producer and dealer registration requirements and procedures for the heat producer and trader shall send a notice of the registration or notification of termination, the notice of registration or termination of the information to be included, as well as the order in which the producers and traders of heat removed from the heat or heat register, if the trader violated heat production or heat trade in the general authorisation.
(4) if the heat generation and heat the general authorisation of trade rules have been broken repeatedly, the Governor may for a period of up to five years to stop heat action of the manufacturer or dealer, turn off the heat or the dealer from the manufacturer of the heating or heat register of traders. After the expiry of the deadline laid down by the Governor, to which end the thermal action of the manufacturer or dealer, the manufacturer or marketer of heat has the right to resume the heat production or trade, if that law duly dispatched the regulator new registration statement and this law has repeatedly registered manufacturer of heat or heat register of traders.
Article 7 (1) If within one month from the date of receipt of the notification of registration of the regulator is not in writing informed the applicant of the registration statement of refusal to register it, it is considered that a heat producer or trader is registered. Thermal recording of the manufacturer or dealer is not required to have the Governor's decision.
(2) notice of the registration shall be deemed to have been filed on the date on which the Governor received all the prescribed information. If the documents submitted information is incomplete or inaccurate, the Governor is entitled to request more information. The time of the request for more information to the communication of the information requested is not included in the first paragraph of this article within the time limit.
(3) a manufacturer or dealer of heat can terminate the heat production of, or trade in, if this legislation is duly dispatched the regulator notice of termination and are excluded from the manufacturer of the heating or heat register of traders. "
7. Turn off the article 11.
8. in article 12: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) in order to ensure that the energy production, transmission, distribution, and marketing of energy merchants can run horizontally or vertically integrated or separate laws, the cases receive a license for each energy type, or when you register each energy type.";
turn in the second paragraph, the word "licensed".
9. Article 19: Express 1.1 part 2 of the following paragraph: "2) power supply's object is installed the red line, to use the public streets, the road, which is not certain red lines, or within an existing protection zone;"
adding to 1.1 part with 3.1 paragraph by the following: "31) energy trader's object is installed in an existing power supply operator object in the zone and after the installation of the strip width is increased by not more than 10 percent, considering that, in accordance with the procedure laid down in this paragraph is established may be increased to not more than one time;"
Add to part with the text following 1.2: "the land owner cannot prevent the energy traders in this part of this Act and article 19 in part 1.1 work out. If the parties cannot agree on the land owner to be paid to the lump-sum payment, the question of the payment of court expenses of civil law in the course of their work, or after it is completed. "
10. Express 19.1 article as follows: "article 19.1 (1) power supply operator object (except buildings) deployments, reconstruction, renovation and operation of identifiable real estate use rights aprobežojum.
(2) real property owner permission to use aprobežojum and use the procedures set out in this Act and the protection zone Act. These aprobežojum for new energy business objects has effect from the date when they installed pursuant to this law, the procedure laid down in article 19. If the land owner does not match the energy trader's new object installation, aprobežojum shall be determined by a Court of law. "
11. Add to article 21 to the sentence by the following: "new energy merchants object installation, as well as the renovation and reconstruction to be carried out, as far as possible, on the road to partition the land according to the law of the bar" on the road "article 18 conditions."
12. Article 23: Supplement to article 1.1 of the following parts:
"(11) the property owner or possessor must not engage in activities that might impede energy merchants to make immovable property objects reconstruction, renovation or exploitation.";
make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) the existing energy merchants object moving at a reasonable real estate owner's requirements for property owners."
13. Express 1.1 article 24 subparagraph by the following: "(11) power supply the Merchant shall indemnify the owner of the immovable property for land use restriction, if: 1) property used in a new power supply for tradesman object;
2) object reconstruction, increase the area of land occupied by the object or the energy trader's strip along or around the object. "
14. Express the title of Chapter VIII in the following wording: "chapter VIII. The natural gas supply system ".
15. Article 61 of the expression as follows: "article 61 system operators and supply operators that provide heating service, you have an obligation to inform the authorities, the Republican town or District Council, for its administrative territory of existing users of energy supply disruption or opportunity."
16. off article 63.
17. Replace article 69, the words "liquefied petroleum gas" (fold) with the words "liquefied petroleum gas" (fold).
18. Article 76: make the second paragraph as follows: "(2) the cabinet shall determine the order in which new horizon energy merchants object.";
to supplement the article with the third part as follows: "(3) the object of operation of supply organizational, technical and security requirements determined by the energostandarto. Compulsory energostandart shall be applied by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
19. transitional provisions: off 22;
transitional provisions be supplemented with 26, 27, 28 and 29 the following: "26. amendments of this Act article 7, second paragraph, article 12, first and second subparagraph shall enter into force on January 1, 2012.
27. Article 1 of this law 42, article 7 in the third and fourth, 7.1 and 7.2 article shall enter into force on January 1, 2012.
28. The Governor until 2012 January 1 issue this law 7.1 the first and the third part of these regulations. Heat by producers or traders who 2012 January 1 is in effect a license for heat production or trade registration statement not filed. Such heat producers and traders the Governor on his own initiative record the relevant register.
29. The Cabinet of Ministers by 2012. February 1, article 76 of this law shall be issued in the second part of these provisions, which provide for procedures for the new horizon energy merchants object. Until the date of entry into force of the provisions, but not longer than until 1 March 2012 to apply to the Cabinet on 1 November 2010 rules no 1024 "electricity transmission and distribution structure construction procedures", in so far as they do not conflict with this Act. "
20. To complement the informative reference to European Union directives, with points 3 and 4 by the following: "3) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 July 2009. directive 2009/73/EC concerning common rules for the internal market in natural gas and repealing Directive 2003/55/EC (text with EEA relevance);
4) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 April 2009. directive 2009/28/EC on the promotion of the development of renewable energy sources and amending and subsequently repealing directives 2001/77/EC and 2003/30/EC (text with EEA relevance) ".
The law in the Parliament adopted 22 September 2011.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President s. Āboltiņ 2011 in Riga on October 12.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia