Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/238805
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law "on amendments to the radiation safety and nuclear safety" make law "on radiation safety and nuclear safety" (Latvian Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2000, nr. 22; 2002, 21; 2005, nr. 5. no no, 22; 2008; 2009, no. 15; Latvian journal 2010, 206. No.) the amendments are as follows: 1. Article 1: expressions of paragraph 4 by the following: "4) — nuclear nuclear enrichment plant, fuel production facilities, nuclear reactor (nuclear power plant), spent fuel reprocessing facility, a research reactor, the spent fuel storage facility, as well as the radioactive waste storage facility located in the territory of any one of these nuclear installations and is directly related to the nuclear facilities;"
make point 7 by the following: 7) radiation safety and nuclear safety — the organizational and technical measures to ensure the system ionizing radiation sources and nuclear facilities safe use, prevent radiological emergency and mitigate the consequences of radiation accidents, thus protecting employees, society and the environment from ionizing radiation sources and nuclear radiation exposure risk; ".
2. Supplement article 5 with 15.1 points as follows: "151) to maintain and update the national environmental services home page on the internet information on ionizing radiation sources and their use, operators and national nuclear objects, subject to the regulatory framework for information disclosure;".
3. Express article 10 by the following: ' article 10. Radiation monitoring (1) the Centre shall ensure the operation of a radiation monitoring station and the exchange of information under the international treaty requirements of the radiation safety and nuclear safety.
(2) a food and veterinary service organised by the food and feed control of radioactive contamination and submit data to the Centre.
(3) the public limited liability company "Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Centre": 1) coordinates and organises environmental radiation monitoring according to the environment monitoring program;
2) each year submit to the European Commission a report on the environmental radiation monitoring and control of radioactive contamination of food.
(4) public limited liability company "Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Centre" this article referred to in the third subparagraph of the tasks of Government is the protection of the environment and the Ministry of regional development. "
4. Replace article 12, first paragraph, point 1, the words "by publishing a notice in a newspaper" journal "" with the words "putting national environmental information service home page on the internet".
5. Article 13: Supplement to article 3.1 part as follows: "(31) Operator supports the exposure control and accounting, operating with ionizing radiation sources.";
Add to article 4.1 of this part: (41) employee exposure records state limited liability company "Latvian environment, geology and Meteorology Centre" for a fee take the individual measurements with dozimetrisko individual dosimeters of termoluminiscenc. The Cabinet of Ministers confirmed by individual dosimetric measurements related to the paid service price list. ";
to supplement the article with the seventh subparagraph by the following: "(7) the operator of a nuclear installation each year up to 31 January notify the municipality in whose territory the nuclear installation in the previous year, the changes that you made in connection with radiation safety and nuclear safety, as well as for monitoring results and upcoming events. This information to the operator of a nuclear installation insert your own homepage on the internet. "
6. transitional provisions be supplemented by the following paragraph 2.3: "2.3 the Cabinet until 2012 January 1 issue of article 13 of this law the provisions referred to in paragraph 4.1."
7. Add to the informative reference to European Union directive with the following version of paragraph 9: "9) Council of 25 June 2009. directive 2009/71/Euratom establishing a Community framework for the nuclear safety of nuclear installations."
The Parliament adopted the law of 13 October 2011.
The President a. Smith in 2011 on November 2.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia