Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/241847
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the social services and social assistance law to make social services and social assistance Act (the Saeima of the Republic of Latvia and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2002, nr. 23; 2003; 2004, nr. 2, 14., 18., 2005, no; no 2; 2006, no. 13; 2007, 12, 15 No 3, 21; 2008. no; 2009, 3, 12 no; Latvian journal, 2009, no. 182; 2010, no. 19, 170; 2011, 117 no). the following amendments: 1. in article 5: turn off in the first paragraph, the words "according to the law" on social security ";
make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) in assessing the customer's material resources: 1) take into account the income generated by the payment of the tax;
2) on income not considered premium to the State family benefit for a disabled child, child care, disability benefits, disability benefits, which requires care, benefits for assistants, benefits to compensate for the transport costs for disabled people who have difficulty moving around, for the benefit of sick children with coeliac disease, the benefits of the birth and death of the person, as well as this statutory municipal social assistance benefits. "
2. Supplement article 12 to the fourth and fifth by the following: "(4) the municipality social services shall have the right to the darbspējīgo customers who are receiving social assistance for at least three months in a row, with the exception of this law, article 37, first paragraph, 1, 2, 3 and 4 above, involve: 1) work and social skills training for the conservation, restoration and activities (up to twelve hours a week, dividing them into several days of the week) that brings benefits to the community and does not replace the function of the local workers. These measures implemented in municipalities, associations or enterprises, without the intention of making a profit. Local government social service contracts with functional, the contract provides for a measure of location, time, both parties ' rights, duties and responsibilities;
2) works in the territory of the municipality, concluding an employment contract for a fixed period with a decline in the client.
(5) a municipal social services has the right to attract customers such measures, without excluding the possibility of care for the disabled child or preschool age children or other dependants, if no other options provide care to participate in rehabilitation activities or State employment agency-organized events, enter into employment relations or generating revenue from work. "
3. Express article 37 as follows: "article 37. Social assistance benefits in terms of (1) a Person of working age, who wish to receive social assistance benefits, other than a lump sum payment in an emergency situation, and not working (not considered to be workers or self-employed according to the law "on State social insurance"), to register with the State employment agency as unemployed, except if the person is: 1) invalidity pensions, old-age pensions or the national social security beneficiaries;
2) women maternity leave, one of the child's parents or other person of parental period;
3) one of the disabled children's parents if the child is not receiving adequate care services;
4) person age 15 years whose education onsite professional overall average or average educational institution or is a full-time student at the University.
(2) social assistance benefits the customer reduces the part of the person, while respecting each child's rights and interests, or do not separately living person, if so: 1) waived participation or a specific time is not involved in the events of their social problems solving;
2) provided false statements or refused to provide information on income, property and other circumstances, the customer's ability to provide basic needs and engage in activities of their own social problems solving;
3) absent longer than a calendar month and receiving social or medical services that are provided within the person's basic needs, are in the custody of social adjustment, educational institution or other good reason not to include the family.
(3) where a change in the composition of the family, family (people) in the material or social situation, the municipal social service from the new assessed compliance of the client receiving social assistance and, if necessary, shall take a decision on the granting of social assistance benefits or refusal to grant social assistance benefits.
(4) If the municipal social service find that the client is able to provide its minimum basic needs, this service has the right to refuse social assistance benefits for the customer. "
4. Turn off 38. and article 39.
5. To supplement the law with article 24.3 of the following: ' article 24.3. The unduly paid social assistance benefits, the recovery of the municipal social service shall decide on the unduly paid social assistance benefits, the recovery, if it finds that the allowance is not paid based on the customer account, the customer giving false or incomplete information or do not notice of changes that could affect entitlement to this allowance or the amount thereof. The decision is enforced by a bailiff of the administrative procedure law, based on the municipal social service executory order. "
6. Express transitional provisions 22 the following: "22. Article 13 of law 1.1 provided for in the State provides support to local authorities, making coverage of expenditure actually guaranteed minimum income allowance is paid for the period up to December 31, 2012, but the apartment of the allowance for up to 30 April 2012. National co-financing for grants for municipalities municipal payments made to ensure guaranteed minimum income benefits paid after January 1, 2013 and the apartment benefits paid after May 1, 2012. "
The law shall enter into force on 30 December 2011.
The law adopted by the Parliament in 2011 on 15 December.
The President of the Parliament instead of the President s. Āboltiņ in Riga 2011 23 December
Search Translated Laws of Latvia