Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/ta/id/244948
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the Republic of Latvia Law on the State border of the Republic of Latvia in the State border law (Republic of Latvia Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 2009, no. 24) the following amendments: 1. Express article 1, paragraph 9 by the following: "9) territorial sea of the Republic of Latvia (hereinafter referred to as the territorial sea), the Baltic Sea and Baltic Sea waters of the Gulf of Riga, if international agreements not otherwise specified , 12 nautical miles from the base lines; ". 2. Express article 8 second paragraph as follows: "(2) the State border security is guaranteed by State border regime. Along the land border of the country creates a country bar, but the spirit of the external land borders, and the border in the border zone. " 3. To supplement the law with article 9.1 of the following: ' article 9.1. Border information system (1) the State border guard of the border regime for organizing border information system and controls its operation. Border information system tracks information about: 1) events related to the State border, illegal crossing of the State border zone, the border zone, the border regime or at border crossing points of non-compliance with the requirements, and the illegal movement of goods across the State border, as well as persons involved in these events; 2 the registered national guard) vessels and vehicles that are used in internal waters, through which certain external borders; 3) persons who have been issued, withdrawn or refused special passes. (2) the cabinet shall determine the border information system included in the amount of information and the storage time limits, as well as national regulatory authorities, which is to be granted access to this information. " 4. Make the tenth article 10 paragraph 6 of part as follows: "6) persons with vehicles carrying cargo, with a net weight of more than 50 per cent of the total net weight of the goods form the outside of the turn in the list of the goods transported goods. Outside a row of the list of goods to be transported, according to which the external border crossing points outside the round cross quickly perishable goods that are transported in accordance with the binding for the Republic of Latvia on 1 September 1970 an agreement on perishable foods international transport and on the special equipment to be used (ATP) of these trades, as well as other goods, which, because of their characteristics, need to cross external borders outside the order, determined by the Cabinet of Ministers; ".
5. To supplement the law with the 10.1 article as follows: "article 10.1. In the crossing of the external land borders of the (1) To the event with a cargo vehicle with full mass exceeding 3500 kilograms, the crossing of the external land border of the Cabinet of Ministers designated border crossing points, the vehicle is recorded on the line (hereinafter the external land borders of the row). (2) external land border line can register in advance, giving the person time designated border crossing, or just before the border crossing. In the external land borders of the line, indicating the person's designated time border crossing, is a paid service. (3) external land border line is administered by the Ministry of transport. With the agreement of the Ministry of transport, this task can be delegated to private individuals. (4) the cabinet shall determine: 1) the procedure and the rules of external land border lines for delegation of Administration to individuals; 2) border crossing points where the State border crossing, before registering the external land borders of the line, the check-in procedure and conditions, as well as fees for registering the external land borders of the line; 3) registration of external land border line in the amount of data to be provided, as well as the data storage terms and institutions, which have the right of access to such data; 4) order in which the external land borders of the line registered vehicles cross the external land border. " 6. Make the article 12 by the following: ' article 12. Flights between Member States and third countries (1) if the aircraft flying between a Member State and a third country, the departure of the aircraft from the Republic of Latvia and the landing upon arrival in the Republic of Latvia is the only international flights for airports and aerodromes, which are border crossing points. (2) gliders, helicopters, blimps, ultraviegl and a small flight-range aircraft flying between the Republic of Latvia and third-country, allowed to settle and ascend certified aerodromes, other than those referred to in the first subparagraph, the view of aviation, as well as national regulatory authorities the measure. In this case, the country allowed to cross with existing personal luggage items and goods in accordance with the Council of 16 November 2009. Regulation No 1186/2009 setting up a Community system of reliefs from customs duty, the provisions of chapter X shall apply the exemption from the payment of customs duty. This requirement is controlled by the National Guard. The Cabinet of Ministers shall determine the order in which the latter referred to the aircraft and occupants examinations to establish the frontier. (3) the aircraft participating in disaster prevention, management or the effects of the winding-up, you can sit outside the border crossing points, if provided for by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a flight permit. (4) If you need a forced landing (crashed), the aircraft is allowed to sit in the airport or aerodrome that is not a border crossing point, or other suitable landing site. (5) in the case of forced settlement, the aircraft allowed in the airport or induct aerodrome, which is not a border crossing point, or another location suitable for settlement. (6) of this article, the third, fourth and fifth in the cases referred to in the frontier for the detection of the fact the checks organised in the aircraft landing or settler instead.
(7) the Republic of Latvia military aircraft and their crew members not subject to border checks, and they are not subject to the provisions of this article. If the Latvian military aviation, the aircraft taking off or landing in the Republic of Latvia, on persons who do not belong to the Latvian national armed forces personnel and the need to carry out border checks, the Latvian national armed forces shall inform the National Guard for border checks and harmonize its place and time. "
7. in article 16: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) a Person staying in the border zone, the additional requirements resulting from the border regime, kept to himself, and by officials of the State border guard of the request show a special pass that allows you to stay in the border zone, except where such a pass is required."; turn off the fifth. 8. Article 18: express the first part of paragraph 1 by the following: "1) a person who is declared place of residence in the border zone, staying in the County (City) or in an adjacent municipality (City) in the border zone;" to supplement the first part of paragraph 4 by the following: "4) person can present the Republic of Latvia of issued local border traffic permit." make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the permanent ID card issued to the person for whom the border bar owned real property."; replace the fifth subparagraph in paragraph 2, the word "emergency" with the word "emergency"; make the fifth subparagraph of paragraph 3 as follows: "3) a person who requires a special pass, which has the force of res judicata ruling is found guilty of a criminal offence related to trafficking in human beings, terrorism, espionage, illegal transfer of persons across the State border, smuggling, illegal activities with narcotic or psychotropic substances, weapons, explosives, explosive device or radioactive substances, as well as with the unlawful crossing of the State."; express the sixth part as follows: "(6) the national border guard official who is empowered to take a decision on the special passes, rescinds a temporary pass shall, if the person to whom it was issued, which has the force of res judicata ruling recognized guilty of the fifth subparagraph of this article, paragraph 3, of the criminal offence."; Supplement to the eighth article as follows: "(8) a Person rescinds a temporary pass, is bound to leave border zone within 24 hours of notification of the decision. The decision on the temporary withdrawal of the pass or opposition appeal shall not suspend the execution. "
9. Express article 19 the first part as follows: "(1) in order to create the conditions that prevent individuals illegally in any way and by any means to cross the external borders as well as move and goods across external land border outside established crossing points, and to combat cross-border crime, the Cabinet along the external land borders is determined by the border, not less than 30 kilometres from the border."
10. Article 20: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) the Person staying in the border areas, have the obligation to keep to himself and the State border guard officials demand to present the document (s) certifying the identity of the person and the right to reside in the Republic of Latvia. This condition does not apply to the person who is the national regulatory authority or a municipal official (employee) and the performance of the service (post) duties in the border areas, can produce a certificate of service (work) for the operation of the institution concerned regulatory legislation. "; to turn off the second paragraph, the words "set along the external land borders"; Replace paragraph 2 of the third paragraph, the word "emergency" with the word "extraordinary". 11. in article 22: express the sixth part as follows: "(6) the competent authorities of their functions and tasks to develop and approve inspection technology, including checks of the schematic representation of the location and a description of the action to be taken and the sequence. Inspection technology of the border crossing points of the airport administration, the owner or operator of an aerodrome, port authorities, the port facility or of the owner or Manager of the rail infrastructure. " to make the ninth subparagraph by the following: "(9) border crossing points where the Customs does not control, the country allowed to cross with existing personal luggage and goods, goods vehicles and special containers existing fuels and lubricants, which according to the Council of 16 November 2009. Regulation No 1186/2009 setting up a Community system of reliefs from customs duty, X and the provisions of Chapter XXVIII shall apply the exemption from the payment of customs duty. This requirement to control state border. "
12. transitional provisions be supplemented with 3, 4 and 5 of paragraph by the following: "3. Article 9.1 of this law shall enter into force on September 1, 2012. 4. Article 10.1 of this law shall enter into force on July 1, 2012.
5. Article 19 of this law referred to in the first subparagraph of the Cabinet after the date of entry into force of the provisions, but no longer than up to 2012 to September 1 in force in the Cabinet of Ministers of 27 July 2010 Regulation No. 674 of the "regulations on the State border of the Republic of Latvia, in the border zone and border, as well as border, in the border zone and border bar shapes and informative reference samples and their installation procedures" in so far as they do not conflict with this Act. "
The law adopted by Parliament in 2012 16 February.
The President a. Smith in 2012 on March 7.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia