The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the law on amendments to the tourism draw tourism to the law of the Republic of Latvia (Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, no. 21; 1999, no. 22; 2002; 2003, 4, no, nr. 6; 2006, 7 No, No 14, 2009; Latvian journal, 2009, 205. No.) the amendments are as follows: 1. Article 1: expressions of paragraph 5 by the following: "5) complex tourist service — a combination of tourism services, drawn up in advance or at the customer's request and subject to: (a)), which is the period longer than 24 hours, and includes at least two of the following tourist services: transport, accommodation or other tourist services not ancillary to transport or accommodation and accounting for a major part of the combination of tourism services , b) for a period which is shorter than 24 hours, includes accommodation and at least one of the following tourist services, transport or other tourist services not ancillary to transport or accommodation and accounting for a major part of the combination of tourism services. "; make point 7 and 8 as follows: "7) cultural tourism — tourism, which aims at introducing cultural environment: cultural heritage, traditions and lifestyle, as well as the ongoing cultural and artistic developments; 8) Resort: local administrative area or part thereof, for which the law prescribed assigned resort status; " Add to paragraph 14, after the word "the" with the words "a trader or analyst of economic activity"; to supplement the article with 26, 27 and 28 by the following: "26) natural curative resources, mineral water, thermal water, surface water, curative mud, in clay, sand, forests, parks, climate, and other natural resources, based on scientific studies and practice proven characteristics, uses the body's general situation and well-being, as well as prevention, treatment and rehabilitation; 27) health tourism-tourism aimed at the body's general condition and wellness, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation, using the natural resources dziedniecisko; 28) resort medical establishment — the medical establishment to which the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation, the use of natural resources. "dziedniecisko
2. in article 3: to make paragraph 5 by the following: "5) to provide and promote the natural curative resources rational use of the body's overall situation and the improvement of well-being, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation, as well as provide a resort development, respecting the environment and promoting the resort services internal consumption and exports;" Replace paragraph 8, the words "providing comprehensive" with the words "in Latvia and abroad providing comprehensive"; make paragraph 10 by the following: ' 10) to ensure the harmonious development of tourism according to the natural and cultural environment to tourism come into conflict with the natural and cultural environment. "
3. Supplement article 6, second paragraph with paragraph 8 by the following: ' 8) to ensure the resort status and cancellation process. "
4. To supplement the law with article 6.1 as follows: "article 6.1. The resort and its status (1) resort is the area to which this law granted the status of the resort and that meets all the following conditions: 1) it is available in natural curative resources; 2) it works with at least one resort treatment institution; 3) natural curative resources are used to ensure that the area in question existing resort treatment services; 4) environmental quality indicators to meet the legislative or regulatory requirements; 5) at the appropriate is established tourist infrastructure; 6 the development is targeted) planned. (2) the status of the resort on the site grant and revoke the Cabinet. (3) Cabinet of Ministers decision on the resort's status for the territory concerned, on the basis of the Cabinet in the order of municipalities submitted an application. At the same time with the application of the municipality of submit: 1) Municipal Council decision, in accordance with which requests for the territory concerned to resort status; 2) territorial development planning documents showing the boundaries of the territory of the resort and the resort development of the municipal administrative territory; 3) documents certifying the conformity of the territory concerned of the first paragraph of this article; 4) resort development planning document stating that the municipality is planning to resort development at least in the medium term. (4) the status of the Resort area is obtained with the day when the Cabinet of Ministers adopted a decision on the status of this resort area. (5) the municipality not less frequently than every two years, the cabinet order provides an overview of the development of the territory planning documents for the resort development and environmental quality indicators. (6) the Cabinet of Ministers shall decide on the revocation of the status of the resort, if there was at least one of the following circumstances: 1) a Municipal Council decision, in accordance with which asked to withdraw the site the resort status. 2) territory, which granted the resort status, is available in natural curative resources, or they are not used to provide in the area of treatment of the existing resort activities; 3) territory, which granted the resort status, is not adequate tourist infrastructure; 4) where municipalities not submitted within the time limit set by the sixth part of this article in that report; 5) where the municipality does not provide land and resort development planning documents for the resort development; 6) environmental quality indicators do not meet the requirements of the law. (7) the procedure for the grant and revoke the resort territory status, as well as the application for the resort status information is determined by the Cabinet of Ministers. "
5. To exclude paragraph 9 of article 7, the words "cabinet order".
6. in article 8: Express 1 and 2 in the following wording:
"1) territorial development planning documents established tourism, including the resort's development prospects and the resort areas; 2) in accordance with the territorial development planning documents provide measures for tourism, including the resort development as well as comprehensive and accurate provision of information on tourism in Latvia and foreign countries, natural medicinal resources and resort services in their territory; " Replace in paragraph 3, the word "ensure" with the words "in accordance with the territorial development planning documents provide".
7. in article 11: make the first paragraph by the following: "(1) travel services may provide rightholders whose activity aims at individual or complex tourist service of tourists."; make the second paragraph, the introductory paragraph as follows: "(2) this Act regulates the following types of tourism services and the tourist service provider:"; replace the words "paragraph 5.2 function" with the word "task".
8. Express 15.1 the third part as follows: "(3) the local Government shall have the right to determine the requirements of a professional tourist guide qualification procedures certified tourist guide, tourist guide services provided and implemented in their professional activities, the supervision and control of the body that certifies tourist guides, as well as in public spaces in existing tourist destinations and sights for which information may provide tourist guides who have demonstrated their qualifications."
9. Supplement article 16 with 1.1 part as follows: "(11) the travel agent may offer or sell only a complex of tourist services that are provided to customers paid cash security guarantee."
10. Put the following text of article 16.1: "(1) hostel conformity assessment and certification is voluntary. (2) the hostel of conformity assessment and certification according to national standards in the laws made in accordance with the procedure laid down in the certification body accredited. "
11. transitional provisions be supplemented by 7 and 8 points by the following: "7. Amendments to this law, article 1, point 8 article 1, paragraph 28, 6. the second paragraph of article 8, paragraph 6.1, as well as the amendment to article 8, article 1, paragraph 2 and 3 (the resort status procedure) shall enter into force on 28 December, 2012. 8. The Cabinet of Ministers to 2012 December 28 issued by this law, the seventh subparagraph of article 6.1 of these provisions. " The Parliament adopted the law of 14 June 2012.
The President a. Smith in 2012 on July 5.