Read the untranslated law here: https://www.vestnesis.lv/op/2013/142.5
The Saeima has adopted and the President promulgated the following laws: the amendments to the Education Act to make the Education Act of the Republic of Latvia (Saeima and the Cabinet of Ministers rapporteur, 1998, nr. 24; 1999, 17, no. 24; 2000, no. 12; 2001, 12, 16, 21; 2004, nr. 5. No; 2007, no. 3, 2009, 1., 2., no. 14; Latvian journal, 2009, nr. 196; 2010, no. 47, 205; 202. in 2011, no; 2012, 54, 108, no. 190) the amendments are as follows: 1. Article 1: Supplement 10, first sentence, after the words "educational institution" with the words "or other institution established in this Act"; Add to paragraph 11, after the words "educational institution" with the words "or other institution established in this Act"; to supplement the article with the new 12.1 12.2 and 12.3 points, as follows: "121) career-education, work-life interaction of human life; 122) career education-education process integrated measures to ensure student career management skills and development, which includes your interests, ability and opportunity awareness further education and career choice of direction; 123) career development support package, which includes information, career education and individual counselling learners access career targets and planning, choice in relation to education and employment; "; consider the previous point about 12.4 12.1 points and express it as follows: "124) teaching AIDS-education programs and educational content learning, including the use in the electronic environment: a) to be used in teaching literature (books, recognized workbooks and other learning content for education expenses that are used in the teaching process of State educational guidelines, the national basic education, general secondary education, vocational secondary education and vocational education standards in certain educational content learning) , b) methodological features (methodological recommendations and other educator job needs for training expenditure), c) additional literature (reference literature, cartographic editions, sheet music editions, fiction, including children's books, and other educational programs required to implement periodical and periodicals), d) Visual AIDS (attēlizdevum, textual editions, visual materials, the training of natural objects, models and designs, which placed Visual or audio information), didactical games (e) learning to use in games inclusive curriculum learning tasks or learning achievement tests), f) digital learning tools and resources (digital editions and resources that include educational programs required for content), g) handouts (exercises, charts, worksheets, examples, samples and other materials intended for each learner, personalise the learning process), h) the technical means of training (learning process used in technical devices and equipment, including learners with special needs for technical appliances and equipment) i) training materials (substances, materials and articles used in educational content, learning through practical tasks), j) facilities and equipment (equipment, tools, instruments, articles and accessories, including sports equipment, which provides educational content for learning, guaranteeing safety and hygiene requirements), k) individual training accessories [student personal use items and materials, which are used as teaching aids or in connection with the provision of training opportunities : Office Accessories, clothing and footwear, individual school subjects (sports, housekeeping and the technology, etc.) required learning content need specific clothing, shoes and hygiene accessories, materials that are used in the teaching process pupil creates an object or product to your needs]; " Replace paragraph 20, the word "development" with the words "professional competence improvement"; turn off 22. 2. in article 14: supplement paragraph 8 following the words "education" with the words "and other institutions in this Act"; Add to article 12.1 and 12.2 of the point as follows: "121) defines the procedure and criteria for State and local education authorities (excluding universities and colleges) of professional performance evaluation; 122) shall lay down the procedure and conditions for the evaluation, the State and municipal educational institutions (excluding universities and colleges) and local education administrations Manager position for the selection of the applicant; " make paragraph 15 as follows: "15) determines the order in which State and local governments organized and financed teaching and acquisition of educational institutions"; Add to paragraph 19, the words "with the exception of the professional education program samples and academic training program samples"; Replace paragraph 31 and 32, the word "qualifications" (fold) with the word "competence" (fold); Add to article 36 and 37 of the point as follows: "36) determines the order in which the Government set out its one learner for the required average cost of the respective municipal education covers preschool education programs (from the age of one and a half to initiate procurement of basic education) cost for a private service provider in article 17 of this law in the case referred to in 2.1; 37) determined by the teacher professional quality evaluation procedures and criteria, documents submitted by a teacher in his professional activity, pedagogical assessment of the length of service required for the teacher's professional quality grades, as well as the teacher's professional quality grade identity document. " 3. Replace article 15 paragraph 14, the word "qualifications" with the word "competence". 4. in article 17: Add to article 2.1 and 2.2 of the part as follows: "(21) if the municipality child who reached the age of a year and a half and whose place of residence declared municipal administrative territory, do not provide a place for local education authorities implement the educational programme (from the age of one and a half to initiate procurement of basic education) and child learn preschool education in private educational institution, then this private local service provider shall bear the costs of the Cabinet of Ministers. Costs, which corresponds to a single learner preschool education program for the required average cost of the respective municipal education authorities. If the learner acquire the public procurement law in municipalities in selected educational institutions implement the educational programme, the costs shall be borne by the level established for public procurement. (22) the municipality shall establish one learner educational program required the average cost of the municipal educational institutions. These average costs and the calculation procedure of the municipality of public in its homepage on the internet. "; Add to paragraph 2 of the third paragraph after the words "special education" with the words "professional education"; turn off paragraph 15 the third paragraph, the words "vocational orientation and"; make the third subparagraph of paragraph 23 as follows: "23) funded from its budget the State educational guidelines, the national basic education, general secondary education, vocational secondary education and vocational education standards, training tools, additional literature, demonstrations, didactic games, digital learning tools and resources, handouts, training technical resources, training materials, facilities and equipment, the purchase of its subordinated educational institutions;".
5. Article 30: make the third paragraph as follows: "(3) the institutions are obliged to provide driver education authorities for the creation and operation of the Council. Educational institution Manager once a school year shall present to the Council a report on the educational process and its results, as well as on educational work. These provisions do not apply to the University. "; replace the words "and in part 3.1 information services" with the words "information and career development support services"; Add to article 4.1 part as follows: "(41) State and municipal educational institutions (excluding universities and colleges) professional activities is assessed for the Cabinet. State and local education leaders and the results of the evaluation are used as the basis for the decision on educational adequacy capacity of the driver position, and may take into account in educational material stimulation of the driver. " 6. Express article 31 the following: ' article 31. Educational Council
(1) the educational institutions, the Council of basic education, preschool, secondary education or vocational educational institution of collegiate institution, running: 1) student representative delegated except trainees during pre-school education programmes; 2) student senior (person who exercises custody) delegated representatives; 3) educational institutions and teachers of other workers ' representatives. (2) educational institutions the Council of parents (the person who exercises custody) is in the majority. This provision does not apply to evening (shift) School Board. Parent (a person who exercises custody) with a majority of the representatives elected by the education authorities parents meeting. Employees of an educational institution may not delegate to the Council as a parent (a person who exercises custody). Educational leaders elected by the Council from a parent (a person who exercises custody) representatives. The composition of the Council can include educational institutions and educational institutions founder. (3) educational institutions, the Council: 1) provide proposals for educational development; 2) participates in the educational process and as a result of the consultation and make proposals for improving the quality of education educational institution; 3) provide proposals for student and educational employee rights and responsibilities; 4) provides educational institutions the driver with proposals for the Organization of work, the budget and education programmes; 5) is entitled to decide on what this law, article 1, paragraph 12.4 "k" referred to individual training accessories ensure student parents (persons who exercise custody); 6) addressing its organisational competence, including educational events related issues; 7) promotes educational cooperation with public; 8) informed of its activities and decisions taken by the educational work of the Council in the legislative framework in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Act; 9) is entitled to build a [parent (a person who exercises custody), student] interest groups and institutions, the involvement of the education authorities and parents of their learners (persons who exercise custody); 10) carrying out other educational work of the Council in the legislative framework in the Act and other legislation. (4) Educational Council operates under the authority of the Council of education governing legislation, which, in coordination with the Education Manager manages the Council itself. "
7. Supplement article 32 the third paragraph with the words "with the exception of the professional education program samples and academic training program samples".
8. Supplement article 33, first paragraph, introductory paragraph following the words "education authorities" with the words "or other statutory authority".
9. Express article 36 the first part as follows: "(1) the education programs are implemented in the educational institution, Association, Foundation, post master craftsman workshop, Studio or national armed forces unit, whose tasks include the implementation of the programmes of adult education. The implementation of educational programmes initiated within one year from the date of receipt of the license. "
10. Add to article 46 of the fifth paragraph after the words "education authorities" with the words "as well as the national armed forces units tasks include the implementation of the programmes of adult education".
11. Article 49: make the name of the article as follows: "teacher education and acquisition of professional qualifications and professional competence development"; in the third paragraph, replace the word "qualification" with the word "competence". 12. To supplement the law with article 49.1 of the following: ' article 49.1. Teachers ' professional quality assessment (1) Teacher whose pedagogical length of service not less than one year and who participates in the general education program, including general education, pre-school education programmes, vocational training programmes of primary or secondary education, vocational education or educational programmes of interest, have the right to not less than once every five years to receive the teacher's professional quality assessment. (2) on the basis of the teacher's professional quality assessment, the teacher will be assigned to one of five teacher's professional quality degrees awarded: 1) educator Professional 1, 2, and 3. the degree of quality, educational institution, in coordination with the local government, which is located in the administrative territory of the educational institution; 2) teacher's professional quality level 4 — the municipality, which is located in the administrative territory of the educational institution, in coordination with the Ministry of education and science; 3) teacher's professional quality grade 5 — the Ministry of education and science. (3) the decision on teacher's professional quality grade of the award referred to in the second subparagraph of article bodies shall adopt within one year from the date of receipt of the application the teachers. (4) the provisions of this article do not apply to educators who participate in programmes of higher education in colleges and universities. " 13. Replace article 51, first paragraph, point 7, point 1 of article 52, article 55, paragraph 6, and article 57, paragraph 2, the word "authority" with the word "Council". 14. Supplement article 53 with 1.1 part as follows: "(11) for the Teacher Professional quality assessed this law in accordance with the procedure laid down in article 49.1, pay is determined under both the first paragraph of this article, and the teacher's professional quality." 15. Replace paragraph 3 of article 55, the words "and information services" with the words "information and career development support services". 16. Supplement article 58 with third and fourth subparagraph by the following: "(3) a parent (a person who exercises custody) the obligation is your material as possible to ensure your child's education is required for this law, article 1, paragraph 12.4" k "referred to individual training accessories. (4) article 31 of this law in the third subparagraph of paragraph 5 of the Education Council's decision is binding on the parents (persons who exercise custody). "
17. Supplement article 59 with 2.1 part as follows: "(21) private educational institutions the State educational guidelines, basic education and general secondary education national standards of teaching literature, methodological features, advanced literary (reference literature) and digital learning tools and resources (electronic edition) financed by the State budget and the State budget mērķdotācij." 18. Supplement article 60 with 3.1 part as follows: "(31) State and municipal educational establishments State educational guidelines of primary and general secondary education national standards of teaching literature, methodological features, advanced literary (reference literature) and digital learning tools and resources (electronic edition) financed by the State budget and the State budget mērķdotācij." 19. transitional provisions be supplemented by 35, 36 and 37 as follows: ' 35. Educators whose professional performance is evaluated during the period from 1 September 2009 until 31 May 2014, on the basis of the European Social Fund project "promotion of the competitiveness of the Teacher education system optimization conditions" within the developed criteria and procedures of an assigned teacher's professional quality grade is equivalent of teacher's professional quality grades in accordance with article 14 of this law, paragraph 37 stated by the Cabinet of Ministers. 36. The Cabinet of Ministers until 30 august 2013 manages this law article 12.1, 12.2, 14., 15 and 36 in those provisions, but by 2014 May 31 — this law article 14 the provisions referred to in paragraph 37. 37. Article 59 of this law 2.1 and 3.1 of part of article 60 shall enter into force on 1 September 2013. " The Parliament adopted a law in July 9, 2013. The President a. Smith 2013 in Riga on July 24.
Search Translated Laws of Latvia