Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/vvgeg/BJNR003050908.html
Introduction Act to the insurance contract law VVGEG Ausfertigung date: 30.05.1908 full quotation: "introduction Act to the insurance contract law in the in the Federal Law Gazette Part III, outline number 7632-2, adjusted version published, most recently by article 2 paragraph 51 of the law of 1 April 2015 (BGBl. I p. 434) has been changed" stand: last amended by article 2 para 51 G v. 1.4.2015 I 434 for details on the stand number you see in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from validity) : 1.1.1964 +++) heading: name idF d. art. 2 No. 1 G v. 23.11.2007 I 2631 mWv 1.1.2008 type 1 old contracts, insurance conditions, general insurance conditions (1) until the entry into force of the insurance contract Act of November 23, 2007 (BGBl. I S. 2631) are created on January 1, 2008 (old contracts), is to apply the law on insurance contracts in force until December 31, 2008 , as far as nothing else is determined in paragraph 2, and articles 2 to 6.
(2) old contracts an insured event occurred until December 31, 2008, the Act on insurance contracts in force until December 31, 2007 amended in that regard is continue to apply.
(3) the insurer may change its general terms and conditions for existing contracts with effect from 1 January 2009 until January 1, 2009, insofar as they depart from the provisions of the insurance contract Act, and not later than one month before that date in text form shall notify the amended terms and conditions, identification of the differences the policyholder.
(4) on time limits under article 12 paragraph 3 of the law on insurance contracts, which began before 1 January 2008, § 12 section 3 of the Act on insurance contracts even after 1 January 2008 shall apply.
Type 2 the following provisions of the insurance contract Act are proxy of the insurance representative, health insurance on old contracts already from 1 January 2008 to apply: 1. the paragraphs 69 to 73 of the power of representation of the insurance agent and in § 73 covered intermediaries;
2. the sections 192 to 208 for the health insurance if the insurer not later than one month before the date in the form of text has informed the insurance policies changed on the basis of these rules and tariff regulations the policyholder see identification of the differences at the changes to take effect.
Art 3 statute of limitations is (1), section 195 of the civil code to apply to claims which have not yet are barred on January 1, 2008.
(2) if the period of limitation according to paragraph 195 of the civil code is longer than the time limit under § 12 (1) of the Act on insurance contracts in the version applicable up to 31 December 2007, is the Statute of limitations with the expiry of certain period completed in section 12 (1) of the Act on insurance contracts in force until December 31, 2007 amended.
(3) if the period of limitation according to paragraph 195 of the civil code is shorter than the time limit under § 12 (1) of the Act on insurance contracts in the version applicable up to 31 December 2007, the shorter period of January 1, 2008 will be charged. The longer period according to § 12 (1) of the Act on insurance contracts in force until December 31, 2007 amended expires but earlier than the deadline according to article 195 of the civil code, the Statute of limitations with the expiry of the extended period is completed.
(4) paragraphs 1 to 3 are apply accordingly to deadlines, which are decisive for the assertion, or the acquisition or loss of right.
Type 4 life insurance, disability insurance is (1), section 153 of the German insurance contract law on old contracts do not apply, if a policyholder participation has not been agreed. A participation is agreed upon, is section 153 of the German insurance contract law as of January 1, 2008, on old contracts to apply; agreed principles of distribution is considered to be appropriate.
(2) on existing contracts, 169 of the German insurance contract law is instead of § even if referenced him, continue to apply section 176 of the Act on insurance contracts in force until December 31, 2007 amended.
(3) on old contracts of disability insurance, the §§ 172 are 174 to 177 of the insurance contract act not to apply.
Type 5 rights of the holders of liens (1) rights to which holders of liens against the insurer after the sections 99 to 107 c of the law on insurance contracts in force until December 31, 2007 amended, are determined after December 31, 2008 under these regulations. The registration of a mortgage in the insurer can be explained only until December 31, 2008.
(2) mortgages, land charges, pension liabilities and real loads, 1 are been justified at the time by January 1, 1943 to 30 June 1994 at the expense of land, a building insurance with a public institution directly by operation of law or as a result of a statutory compulsion to carry has been taken for the 2nd and 3rd after the regulation of the supplement and amendment of the Act on insurance contracts in the in the Federal Law Gazette Part III , Outline number 7632-1-1, adjusted version as registered in the sense of paragraphs 99 to 106 of the law on insurance contracts, are, if the insurance contract transfer to a contractual insurance contract on the basis of the Act to reconcile national building insurance conditions of 22 July 1993 (BGBl. I S. 1282, 1286) persists, the preservation of the rights established by the fiction no later than December 31, 2008 with the insurer to log on to. The fiction established by the regulation of the supplement and amendment of the Act on insurance contracts expires at the end of December 31, 2008.
Type 6 insurance conditions according to section 190 of the Act on insurance contracts the insurance contract law does not apply to in section 190 of the Act on insurance contracts in the old contracts referred to version applicable at December 31, 2007.
Art 7 health insurance, insurance conditions according to § 193 paragraph 6 of the German insurance contract law apply policyholders, on August 1, 2013, the rest of the services according to § 193 paragraph 6 of the German insurance contract law is determined, at that time as the emergency tariff in accordance with § 12 h of the insurance supervision law assures. Policyholder shall apply retroactively from the date which the services under the contract are been made dormant as insured in the emergency tariff, when the monthly premium of the emergency tariff is lower than the premium owed at this time. This applies under the proviso that the rights acquired at the time of the Ruhendstellens of the contract and ageing provisions are preserved and unused Ruhensleistungen in relation to the policyholder is considered to be those of the emergency plan. A credit of qualified ageing provisions under § does not take place retroactively 12 h paragraph 2 sentence 5 of the insurance supervision law on the premium to be paid. The policyholder may oppose the retroactive insurance pursuant to sentence 2. The insurers have to indicate the insurance in the emergency rate three months after August 1, 2013, and to inform the policyholder about his right of objection pursuant to sentence 5 having regard to the consequences associated with the retroactive insurance; the opposition must reach within six months after receipt of the notice by the insurer.
Type 8-15 (dropped out)
Search Translated Laws of Germany