Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/edelstgrmstrv/BJNR015110992.html
Regulation on the profession and on the examination requirements in the practical and the specialist theoretical part of the master craftsman for the precious stone engraver craft (GEM engraver master regulation - EdelstGrMstrV) EdelstGrMstrV Ausfertigung date: 10.08.1992 full quotation: "gem engraver master Decree of 10 August 1992 (BGBl. I p. 1511)" footnote (+++ text detection from: 1.11.1992 +++) input formula on the basis of section 45 of the trade and crafts code as amended by the notice of December 28, 1965 (BGBl. 1966 I p. 1), last by article 24 No. 1 of the law of 18 March 1975 (BGBl. I p. 705) has been changed , the Federal Minister for Economics in agreement with the Federal Minister for education and science prescribed: 1 section profession § 1 the gem engraver crafts profession (1) are attributable to following activities: design, design, production, editing and restoration of jewellery and other objects of precious stones, synthetic stones and artificial products.
(2) the precious stone engraver crafts are attributable to the following knowledge and skills: 1. knowledge of the design and morphology, 2. knowledge of job-related art history, 3 knowledge of job-related form technology and the construction of models, 4. knowledge of the casting and impression technique, 5. knowledge in the use of acids, bases, salts and gases, 6 knowledge of plant and auxiliary materials, 7 knowledge of the resizing, dyeing and finishing of semi-precious stones , 8 knowledge of professional tools, devices, machines and systems, 9 knowledge of the physical and chemical properties of precious stones, synthetic stones, artificial products and organic substances, 10 knowledge of procedures and the equipment for the determination of the gemstones, 11 knowledge of job-related technical rules, the commercial rules of the traffic with precious stones, synthetic stones, artificial products, and organic substances, 12 knowledge of the professional requirements of work safety and occupational health and safety , 13 knowledge of the professional requirements of the environment, in particular the immission and water protection, including the disposal of gaseous, liquid and solid chemicals, 14 designing, sketching and drawing, 15 model, in particular creating models from clay, plasticine, wax, plaster, wood, metal and plastics using the corresponding form techniques, 16 test and determine the job-related materials, 17th edit of job-related materials, in particular through tapping, disconnect , Grinding, sanding and polishing, 18 connecting solvable and unsolvable, in particular by screws, pins, soldering, kitten and gluing, 19 edit of surfaces by sanding, engraving, sandalwood, matting, polishing and etching, 20 Gemmological examining and determining of gemstones, in particular with Polariscope, Refractometer, microscope, spectroscope, scale and serious solutions, 21 grinding of precious stones, synthetic stones, artificial products and organic substances in prefabricated versions , 22 study, determining and assessing by jewelry and other items from precious stones, synthetic stones and artificial products, 23 fit and assemble parts to jewelry and other items of precious stones, synthetic stones and artificial products, 24 maintaining, repairing and restoration of jewellery and other objects of precious stones, synthetic stones and artificial products, 25 make of professional tools, 26 maintenance of equipment, in particular the professional tools , Devices and machines.
2. section examination requirements in parts I and II of the master examination section 2 outline, duration and pass the practical exam (part I) (1) in part I are to make a master craftsman work and perform a work sample. The proposals of the sample to be considered when determining the master craftsman work whenever possible.
(2) making the master craftsman work should not take longer than twelve working days, no longer than 16 hours the execution of the work sample.
(3) for the existence of the section I each sufficient services in the master craftsman's examination work and in the work sample are minimum requirement.
§ 3 master craftsman work (1) as is master craftsman work to design one of the below mentioned works and to make: 1 a cameo in flat or high relief technique, 2. a deepened cut appearance to read and seals, 3. a sculpture, 4. a plate holder coat of arms, 5. a dish in the embossed or deeper cuts.
(2) the candidate has prior to writing the master thesis to present a rough sketch with main dimensions, a model, the corresponding work drawing, the color sketch and the cost estimate for the approval to the master examination Committee.
(3) the work drawing, color sketch, the calculation and the work report are taken into account in the evaluation of the work of the master craftsman's examination.
§ 4 work sample (1) as are work sample run two of the following works: 1 a monogram, 2. a relief in figural representation, 3. a flower, 4. a subject in an abstract design, 5 a shade, 6 decorative arts engraving.
(2) in the work sample are the most important skills and knowledge to test in the master craftsman work not or could be adequately demonstrated.
§ 5 examination of professional knowledge (part II) (1) in part II are knowledge in the following six test subjects to demonstrate: 1. Engineering Mathematics and calculation: a) calculate lengths, areas, bodies and weights, b) cost calculation taking into account all factors for the formation of prices;
2. figures and represent: a) design principles, b) designing, sketching, drawing, perspective represent and colorize, c) technical drawing, d) model;
3. history of art: a) history of precious stones processing, b) history of the engraver's art, c) symbolism, d) heraldry, e) contemporary gemstone processing;
4. specialist technology: a) occurrence, collection, types, properties and use of works and auxiliary materials, b) investigating and determining of precious stones, synthetic stones, artificial products, and organic substances, c) tools, devices, machines and systems, d) materials processing, e) surface treatment and surface finishing, f) application by acids, bases, salts and gases, g) casting and print,) vocational technical rules, commercial regulations on the marketing of precious stones , synthetic stones, artificial products, and organic substances, i) professional standards of work safety and occupational health and safety, k) work-related environment, in particular immission and water protection, including disposal of gaseous, liquid and solid chemicals;
5. General Gemology: a) Crystal systems and structures, b) Crystal Physics and Chemistry: to determine hardness, cleavage, fracture, density, thermal conductivity and durability as well as electrical characteristics, c) Crystal Optics: evaluation of optical properties, including color and light phenomena.
6 special Gemology, taking into account the material-specific processing technology: a), b) reconstructed stone, c) synthetic stones, d) artificial products, e) imitations, f) duplicates and mixed, g) organic substances.
(2) the test shall be performed in writing and orally.
(3) the written test to total not more than twelve hours, last no longer than half an hour the oral per examinee. In the written test shall be no longer than six hours checked in one day.
(4) the candidate is to RID, if he has provided at least good writing services in the average of the oral examination at the request.
(5) minimum requirement for the existence of the part are sufficient services in the audit specialist II pursuant to paragraph 1 No. 5 3 section transitional and final provisions article 6 transitional provision the examination proceedings at entry into force of this regulation according to the existing regulations to end run.
Section 7 additional requirements the other requirements in the master test are determined by the regulation on common requirements in the master craftsman in the craft of 12 December 1972 (BGBl. I S. 2381) in the currently valid version.
Article 8 entry into force (1) this regulation enters into force on 1 November 1992.
(2) which are further rules to be applied on the basis of article 122 of the handicrafts Regulation Act, insofar as they regulate items of this Regulation no longer apply.
Search Translated Laws of Germany