Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/ebertstiftg/BJNR025530986.html
Law establishing a foundation of Reichspräsident Friedrich-Ebert Memorial EbertStiftG Ausfertigung date: 19.12.1986 full quotation: "law establishing a foundation of Reichspräsident Friedrich Ebert Memorial place of December 19, 1986 (Federal Law Gazette I p. 2553;)" (1987 I S. 1069), by article 75 of the regulation of 29 October 2001 (BGBl. I p. 2785) has been changed "stand: amended by art. 75 V v. 29.10.2001 I 2785 for more information on the stand number you see in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from: 1.1.1987 +++) input formula the Bundestag approved the following law.
§ 1 legal form of the Foundation under the name "Reichspräsident Friedrich Ebert Memorial Foundation" is headquartered in Heidelberg, Germany built a legal foundation of under public law. The Foundation is created with the entry into force of this Act.
§ 2 purpose of the Foundation (1) the purpose of the Foundation is to preserve the memory of the work of the first German President Friedrich Ebert and to contribute to the understanding of German history of his time.
(2) the fulfilment of this purpose serve primarily the following measures: 1. device, entertainment, and expansion of the public Memorial "Reichspräsident Friedrich Ebert Memorial Foundation" in Heidelberg;
2. installation and maintenance of an archive in addition to research and documentation center in Heidelberg;
3. scientific investigations;
4. events in the sense of purpose of the Foundation.
§ 3 Foundation assets (1) the Foundation's assets are those immovable and movable assets which acquires the Federal Republic of Germany for the purposes of the Foundation.
(2) the Foundation is entitled to accept contributions by third parties.
(3) in order to fulfill the purpose of the Foundation (§ 2 para 1) receives the Foundation an annual grant of the Covenant in accordance with the respective federal budget.
(4) income of the endowment and other revenue are only in the sense of the purpose of the Foundation to use.
§ 4 statute that gives Foundation is a statute, which is decided by the Board of Trustees with a majority of four fifths of its members and the approval of the Commissioner of the Federal Government for matters of culture and the media. The same applies to amendments to the Statute.
§ 5 organs of the Foundation are 1. organs of the Foundation Board of Trustees, 2. the Board of Directors.
§ 6 Board of Trustees (1) Board of Trustees consisting of five members appointed by the Federal President for a period of five years. Two members are proposed by the Federal Government, is a member of Baden-Württemberg and proposed by the city of Heidelberg; the President selects the fifth member. For each of the five members, a representative is appointed in the same way. Reappointment is allowed.
(2) a member of the Board of Trustees or his representative retires prematurely, an order of a successor for the remainder of the period for which, the Member or the representative was ordered, can be done.
(3) the Board of Trustees elects a Chairman and his Deputy.
(4) the Board of Trustees decides on all basic questions, which belong to the remit of the Foundation. It monitors the activities of the Board. The further regulates the Statute.
§ 7 Board of Directors (1) the Management Board consists of three members. They be ordered by the Board of Trustees with a majority of four fifths of its members, of which a Board member on the proposal of the representative of the Federal Government for matters of culture and the media. The statute can determine that the Member of Chairman of the Management Board proposed by the representative of the Federal Government for matters of culture and the media.
(2) the Executive Committee carries out the decisions of the Board of Trustees and manages the Affairs of the Foundation. He represents the Foundation and out of court.
(3) further regulates the Statute.
§ 8 supporting and volunteering are the members of the Board of Trustees and Board of Directors, as far as they are not part-time, volunteer working.
Article 9 supervisory, budgetary, audit (1) the Foundation is under the supervision of the Commissioner of the Federal Government for matters of culture and the media. The Foundation is supported in the performance of their duties by the Federal Archives; The representative of the Federal Government for matters of culture and media in consultation with the Board of Trustees governs nature and scope.
(2) for the household, point-of-sale, and accounting, as well as for the accounting of the Foundation find the application for the federal administration according to applicable regulations.
§ 10 employees (1) the business of the Foundation are perceived by workers (employees and workers).
(2) on the workers of the Foundation are the collective agreements applicable for employees of the Federal Government and regulations apply.
(3) the right to have civil servants, can be awarded by provision the Foundation.
To cover the administration costs subject to the Statute, fees for the use of Foundation facilities charge fees that Foundation may § 11.
§ 12 seal the Foundation has an official seal.
§ 13 Berlin clause this law applies in accordance with § 13 para 1 of the third of Reconciliation Act also in the Federal State of Berlin.
Article 14 entry into force this law enters into force on January 1, 1987.
Search Translated Laws of Germany