Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/drucklv/BJNR019090972.html
Regulation of work in compressed air (compressed air regulation) DruckLV Ausfertigung date: 04.10.1972 full quotation: "compressed air regulation of 4 October 1972 (BGBl. I p. 1909), most recently by article 2 of the Decree of 23 October 2013 (BGBl. I S. 3882) has been changed" stand: last amended by art. 2 V v. 23.10.2013 3882 for more information on the stand number you find in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from validity) : 1.5.1976 +++) (+++ official note of the standard authority on EC law: implementation of EWGRL 85/92 (CELEX Nr: 392L 0085) cf. V v. 15.4.1997 I 782 +++) table of contents section 1 scope article 2 definitions article 3 display section 4 General requirements section 5 further requirements of § 6 exemptions § 7 examination by experts § 8 (dropped out) § 9 employment prohibition of § 10 medical examinations § 11 medical follow-up § 12 General tasks and availability of authorized physician § 13 authorized doctors § 14 (dropped out) instigation of medical measures article 15 § 16 (dropped out) § 17 sick air chambers , Recreation rooms and sanitary facilities § 18 appointment of experts article 19 evidence § 20 instruction of workers article 21 Ausschleusungs - and latency section 22 offences and offences under the health and Safety Act § 22a offence after the include section 23 offences according to the working time Act section 24 (dropped out) § 25 (dropped out) section 26 entry into force input formula due to 1 of § 120e of the GewO, 2 9 para 2 of the working time regulation by April 30, 1938 (Reichsgesetzbl. I p. 447), last amended by article 150 of the introductory act to the administrative offences Act of May 24, 1968 (Bundesgesetzbl. I p. 503), 3. § 37 para 2 of the prevocational by August 9, 1960 (Bundesgesetzbl. I p. 665), last amended by article 75 of the first law on the reform of the criminal law of 25 June 1969 (Bundesgesetzbl. I p. 645), 4 4 para 4 of the maternity protection act as amended by the notice of April 18, 1968 (Bundesgesetzbl. I p. 315), amended by article 127 of the introductory act to the law on administrative offences may 24, 1968 (Bundesgesetzbl. I p. 503), in conjunction with article 129 paragraph 1 of the basic law is prescribed with the consent of the Bundesrat: § 1 scope (1) this Regulation applies to working in compressed air, as far as these are professional run by an employer.
(2) this regulation does not apply to work in diving bells without locks and divers work.
Article 2 definitions (1) for the purposes of this regulation are 1 working Chambers rooms where work in compressed air carried out to, 2 entrances, the only people in the Chambers of labour person locks or those removed are, 3. will material locks access, through the one - only material in the work Chambers or ejected from these, 4 combined locks access by workers and material in the work Chambers include or removed from these , 5 medical compressed air chambers rooms independently used by the working pressure of working chamber for the treatment of compressed air-sick people as well as the Pro-Beschleusung according to medical instructions.
(2) compressed air within the meaning of this regulation is air with a pressure of more than 0.1 bar. Working pressure is the pressure above the atmospheric pressure.
§ 3 an employer wants to run in compressed air work indicator (1), so he has this the competent authority no later than 2 weeks prior to show.
(2) in the display referred to in paragraph 1 shall be indicated: 1. the name or business name and the address of the employer and, if several employers have joined together to carry out a particular construction project to a society of civil law (Association) and the shops not jointly carry the name of the name and address of the employer conducting business is transferred, 2. , which manages the work in compressed air, and his representative (§ 18 para 1 No. 1), 3. the name and the address of the doctor responsible according to § 12 para. 1, 4. the number of workers expected to be employed with work in compressed air, 5. the anticipated duration of work in compressed air, 6 the expected highest working pressure 7 to expected ground conditions.
8. (disappeared) you are as attached documents: 1 a a location plan of the job, 3. a description of the way the work in compressed air officially certified true copy of the qualification certificates according to § 18 para 2 and the information sheet provided for in article 20, para. 2, 2., 4. Description and illustrations of the Chamber of labour, the locks and the compressor plants, 5. occurred or provided details of the devices according to § 17 para 1 (3) after reimbursement of the display changes to the contents of the display or the documents , is this the competent authority immediately in writing.
§ 4 General requirements (1) which work Chambers and serving their operating facilities must points 1 and 2 of annex 1 to this regulation and in addition the generally accepted rules of technology according to be designed and operated.
(2) in so far as the work Chambers and serving their operating facilities are subject to legislation which transpose Community directives into German law, the requirements apply with regard to their nature under that law; the conformity with these requirements must be established in accordance with the procedure laid down in that legislation, and confirmed. As far as checking compliance with the requirements of this nature eliminates the display according to § 3 as well as the tests before according to § 7.
(3) serving at work Chambers and their operating facilities which are lawfully manufactured and marketed according to the rules applicable to in another Member State of the European communities or in another Contracting State of the agreement on the European economic area or requests and the same safety, is to assume that the requirements relating to the safety-technical characteristics referred to in paragraph 1 are met. In justified individual cases, it is at the request of the competent authority to prove that the requirements are met pursuant to sentence 1. Standards of the German Institute for standardization or other technical provisions apply as an example and does not exclude other, equally secure solutions that have found expression especially in standards or technical regulations or requirements of other Member States of the European communities or other parties to the agreement on the European economic area. As far as in this regulation to prove that the requirements relating to the safety characteristics within the meaning of paragraph 1 are met, the submission of reports or certificates of German authorities is foreseen, also reports in other Member States of the European communities or in other States party to the agreement on the European economic area be considered authorized if the requirements underlying the reports of these bodies , Tests, test methods are equivalent to those of the German authorities. It is to such places especially if they meet the requirements on them, which are laid down in particular in the harmonized European standards, whose site has published the Federal Minister for labour and Social Affairs in the Federal worksheet. Provisions of this regulation for the implementation of legal acts of the Council of the European Union or the Commission of the European Communities shall remain unaffected.
Section 5 further requirements that work Chambers and serving their operating facilities must comply with beyond the regulations of § 4 para 1, provided by the competent authority in individual cases to prevent particular risks for the workers.
§ 6 exception permit the competent authority can the provisions of § 4 para 1, article 9, paragraph 1, article 21, para. 4, and the prohibition of employment for workers who have reached the age of 50 (§ 9 para 2), exceptions allow if for special reasons and the protection of workers in other ways. Exception approval shall be requested in writing. The application is an opinion of an officially recognised expert for a deviation from the provisions of § 4 para 1 and if a deviation from the provisions of § 9 para 1 to add an opinion of an authorized doctor 2 or § 21 ABS. 4, each documented whether the protection of workers is ensured. The application is to decide within a period of four weeks after receipt by the competent authority. The period may be extended in duly justified cases. The approval is considered to have been granted if the competent authority does not prohibit the employment of the workers within the said time limit.
§ 7 examination by experts (1) the work Chambers may be operated only if 1 the locks and Chamber pipes of a Chamber in which a higher working pressure 0.5 bar must prevail, 2. the electrical equipment by an officially recognised expert in accordance with paragraphs 2 and 3 have been tested and this has determined that they meet the requirements of the regulation, and it has granted an examination certificate.
(2) it must be checked 1 locks and Chamber pipes
(a) before its first use, b) recurring prior to their commissioning, after you reinstalled the third time have been, or at least before the expiration of 3 years after completion of the last inspection by an officially recognised expert, c) after changes, 2. the electrical equipment before starting the work Chamber and after changes.
(3) the examination of locks and shaft tubes consists of 1 before first use a) for examination, b) a water pressure test with a test pressure which must be the 1.5 times the maximum working pressure, c) an acceptance test, 2. the recurring tests prior to the commissioning of a) an internal audit, b) a water pressure test with a test pressure which must be the 1.5 times the maximum working pressure , c) an external examination.
1 (b) and paragraph 2 therefore technically not possible, letter b the floodgate construction of part of the building and a water pressure test after the number an other equivalent test to be applied is. The water pressure test eliminates the 2 letter b referred to when to get is that it permanently installed equipment and installation parts are damaged, and when an air pressure test with the 1,1fachen of the maximum allowable working pressure is made.
(4) the competent authority may order exceptional inspections in cases of damage or for special reasons in individual cases. This also applies to working Chambers with a maximum working pressure of less than 0.5 bar.
§ 8 (dropped out) section 9 prohibition of employment (1) in air by more than 3.6 bar overpressure may workers are not employed.
(2) in compressed air workers under 18 or over 50 years of age shall not be employed.
§ 10 medical examination (1) the employer may employ only a compressed air workers if the workers before the first employment, 2. before the expiry of one year since the last examination by a physician authorized according to § 13 or a doctor authorized according to § 13 1 has been examined and a certificate stating issued by the doctor or the doctor is that there are no health concerns against the employment or continued employment.
(2) that medical examination must be carried out been be number 2 1 twelve weeks before the beginning of employment and 2nd six weeks before the end of the follow-up period referred to in paragraph 1.
§ 11 more medical measures were sick (1) workers, the 1st work in compressed air (air condition), their work due to other diseases more than a day have interrupted 2 or 3 are a cold or feel otherwise uncomfortable, may be retained in compressed air only after they have been introduced to the authorized physician and this has determined that health concerns against the continued employment do not exist.
(2) the physician has to issue a certificate of its finding at the request of the employer or worker referred to in paragraph 1. The investigated employee or the employer keep the investigation result for NA, the competent authority decides on request.
§ 12 has general tasks and availability of the authorized physician (1) the employer a doctor authorized according to § 13, which is suitable for compressed air, transferred the task to arrange the necessary measures for the prevention of health hazards for workers who are employed in compressed air, to advise the workers health and treat compressed air sick workers. The employer has to ensure that this doctor is available during the working and waiting times and place of work available is constantly, in due time, when working at a working pressure of more than 2.0 bar. The employer has to commit the doctor, where according to § 18 para 1 No. 1 inform ordered expert about the job-specific and local conditions of employment and be with these through regular inspections to familiarize yourself. The competent authority may allow exceptions from the obligation that at a working pressure of more than 2.0 bar constantly stands, a doctor at the work place available in justified cases. The application for authorisation should contain information about what other measures ensures the primary of air-sick workers. The application is to decide within a period of four weeks after receipt by the competent authority. The period may be extended in duly justified cases. The approval is considered to have been granted if the competent authority does not prohibit the employment of the workers within the said time limit.
(2) the employer has name, address and telephone number of the authorized physician at the place of employment where appropriate, accessible to all workers, disengage in particular in the lock of the person and in the recovery room and to get the display legible.
§ 13 authorized doctors be doctors, who according to this regulation are, and have the necessary medical expertise and have expertise with regard to the work in compressed air and authorised by the competent authority.
§ 14 has reason of medical measures (1) the employer according to the §§ 11 and 12 par. 1 at his own expense to the medical measures.
(2) he has to inform the doctor, under the highest working pressure of workers will be employed and what work he has to do.
sections 15 and 16 (dropped out) § 17 sick air chambers, recreation rooms and sanitary facilities (1) the employer but has to ensure that, where the working chamber is run, the following facilities are available: 1 at a working pressure of 0.7 bar or more a sick air Chamber, which must be designed for a working pressure of at least 5.5 bar, 2 a room for medical examinations and treatments, 3. a relaxation room , 4. a locker room, 5. a drying room, 6 required sanitary facilities, especially restrooms and abortifacient, 7 rescue facilities for the recovery of injured or sick from the working Chamber.
The number of workers is low, as the competent authority may allow a space is also used as a recreational and locker room.
(2) to facilities mentioned in paragraph 1 of point 3 of annex 1 and in addition technical standards raise the General rules? § 4 par. 2 and 3, as well as the articles 5 and 6 shall apply accordingly.
(3) the employer has to ensure that the sick air Chamber, is examined by an officially recognised expert affiliated, whether it meets the requirements of paragraph 2, namely 1 before he deploys them in the work place, 2 each before the expiration of 3 years after the last examination by an expert and 3 after changes.
He has to get the experts, about to issue test certificates. § 7 para 3 shall apply accordingly.
§ 18 order by professionals (1) the employer has to order 1 a professional, who heads the work in compressed air and the operation of the working chamber is constantly monitored, as well as its Permanent Representative, 2. a skilled person, who then checks the pressure pipeline network, the persons and material locks and the sick air chambers before the start of each work shift at a pressure corresponding to the pressure of work, whether they are tight , 3. a skilled person, constantly monitors the electrical systems for the operation of the working chamber and the Chamber of medical compressed air, 4. a lock keeper, who monitors the operation of locks in accordance with the instructions of set out in annex 3, 5. two knowledgeable, who are constantly at the work place, one in the working Chamber, and which constantly able are, to combat an occurring fire, 6 two business Assistant , which are constantly in the work place, of which one in the working Chamber, and that are constantly able to provide first aid at accidents and air disease.
(2) to the expert or the Permanent Representative within the meaning of paragraph 1 No. 1 may only be ordered, who owns a regulatory competence certificate for the exercise of this activity. The competent authority shall at the request of the a qualification certificate to which a sufficient practical experience when working in compressed air has 1 and 2 have sufficient knowledge of occurring when working in compressed air hazards and the measures to be taken to avert such dangers.
The qualification certificate shall be granted as a rule for a period of three years.
(3) it is permitted that multiple tasks are carried out pursuant to paragraph 1 by a person; However, the expert and his permanent representative may (para. 1 No. 1) not for the tasks referred to in paragraph 1 No. 4, 5 or 6, the lock keeper (para 1 No. 4) not for items ordered according to paragraphs 5 or 6.
(4) to the expert within the meaning of paragraph 1 No. 2 may only be ordered if you have the competence necessary for the inspection of pressure pipelines and the locks.
(5) to the expert within the meaning of paragraph 1 No. 3 may only be ordered, who owns the competence necessary for the monitoring of electrical equipment.
(6) to the lock-keepers ' within the meaning of paragraph 1, no. 4 may be ordered only who is reliable and has sufficient practical experience with monitoring locks operation.
(7) to the expert within the meaning of paragraph 1 No. 5 may be ordered only, who has the knowledge required to combat fire in air.
(8) to the operating aid within the meaning of paragraph 1 No. 6 may only be ordered, who has presented an attestation that he 1 successfully took part in a first aid course and is been taught 2 by an authorized physician in first aid for pressure air sick.
(9) the employer must ensure that the persons appointed by him under paragraph 1 duly meet the tasks assigned to them.
(10) the provisions of articles 9 to 11 shall apply for the persons referred to in paragraph 1.
Section 19 proof which has employers to hold 1 at the work site a directory of persons employed on the work site, material and combined locks, shaft tubes and medical compressed air chambers under indication of previous missions and the audit certificates relating this the § § 7 and 17 para 3, 2. the precautionary filing according to § 4 section 3 of the regulation on occupational health screening for the on the job in compressed air workers and 3. a directory of experts ordered according to § 18, specifying the name and address.
Section 20 notice of workers (1) the employer has to ensure that the expert who directs the work in compressed air (§ 18 para 1 No. 1) and the doctor instructed according to article 12, paragraph 1, which instruct workers prior to employment accident and health risks they faced in employment, as well as the facilities and measures to avert these dangers when operating the Chamber of labour. The teachings are at reasonable time intervals, at least at intervals of six months, to repeat.
(2) the employer has also before start of work with work in compressed air handed a leaflet, every worker, the content of the notification referred to in paragraph 1 is included in the. The data sheet must be drawn up in the language of the employee.
§ Has 21 Ausschleusungs - and waiting periods (1) the employer to ensure compliance with the provisions of annex 2.
(2) for assignments, the duration of which exceeds 50 percent of the maximum stay time, only an injection may be made during a shift; In addition, a break in normal atmosphere of at least one hour must be kept between off - and injection. The total stay time allowed must not exceeded and the smuggling time must each related to the sum of the periods of residence and the maximum working pressure.
(3) a non-working time of at least 12 hours must be between 2 working shifts.
(4) workers may be employed daily maximum 8 and 40 hours weekly maximum including off smuggling times in compressed air.
(5) if the period of stay in the working chamber exceeds 4 hours, are to give workers breaks in the total duration of at least half an hour.
Section 22 rude is no. 1 of the Labour Protection Act offences and offences under the occupational safety and Health Act (1) within the meaning of § 25 para 1, who intentionally or negligently a 1 violates article 3 para 1, 2 sentence 1 or paragraph 3 display not, not, not completely, not in the prescribed manner or not timely paid, 2. contrary to section 3, paragraph 2, sentence 2 is a document not , adds incorrectly, incompletely or not timely, 3. contrary to § 7 paragraph 1 operates a working Chamber, 4. contrary to article 9, paragraph 1 a workers employed, 5. contrary to § 9 ABS. 2 a worker who has reached the 50th age, in compressed air deals 6 (fallen away) 7 violates article 11 par. 1 an employee retained, 8 contrary to section 12 paragraph 1 sentence 2 not provides that an authorised doctor is achievable , 9 contrary to section 12 paragraph 2 name, address and telephone number of the authorized physician not debating, 10 (dropped out) 11 contrary to § 17 para 1 sentence 1 for it provides, that the mentioned facilities at the location are available, 12 contrary to § 17 para 3 sentence 1 not guarantees that the sick air Chamber by an expert is checked, 13 contrary to § 18 paragraph 1 a expert or his representative , ordered the expert mentioned therein, a lock keeper or the therein business Assistant not or not timely, not holds the evidence therein 14 contrary to article 19, 15 contrary to § 20 para 1 sentence 1 not guarantees that the specialized and the physician instructing workers, 16 violates article 20 para 2 not or not timely issued a there called a leaflet or provides 17 contrary to section 21 para 1 not , that the stated rules are respected.
(2) a person who endangers life or health of employees through a deliberate act referred to in paragraph 1, is no. 2 of the occupational safety and Health Act pursuant to section 26 punishable.
§ 22a misdemeanor rude 2(a) of the prevocational is no. 26 after the include in the meaning of § 58 para 1, who intentionally or negligently employs a worker who has not yet completed 18 years of age, as an employer violates article 9 para 2 in compressed air.
Article 23 offences to the working time act rude in the sense of section 22 para 1 No. 4 of the working hours Act, who intentionally or negligently 1 violates article 21 par. 4 employs a worker in compressed air as an employer or, 2. violates article 21 par. 5 breaks not, granted with the prescribed minimum period or not in a timely manner.
section 24 (dropped out) section 25 (dropped out) section 26 (1) this regulation into force shall on the first day of the 6 calendar month following on the announcement.
(2) the closing formula of the Federal Minister for labour and Social Affairs annex 1 (articles 4 and 17 para. 2 of the Ordinance on work in compressed air) site of the original text: Federal Law Gazette I 1972, 1915 - 1918;
regarding the individual changes cf. footnote 1 composition of the work Chambers and institutions serving their operation 1.1 working Chambers (1) Chambers of labour should be so high that workers it can stand upright and safely operate equipment while working.
(2) manholes to the getting in and out must be secured at its upper end against the slide of tools, equipment and material. The distance between the rungs of the ladder and the wall of the shaft as well as the width of the ladders are to be such that both feet are side by side securely.
1.2 personal interlock systems, material locks, combination locks have high (1) personal interlock systems at least 1.60 m and be such that an air space of at least 0.75 cbm accounted for each person. The maximum number of persons for which the lock is expressed, must be permanently in the lock easily visible and readable.
(2) the doors of the passenger and the material locks must be positioned so that they are pressed by the air pressure against the seal.
(3) in the lock of the person a seat made of thermal fabric with a backrest and a dry warm blanket must exist for each person.
(4) for combined locks, the rules apply to personal interlock systems. The provision of no. 2.3 section 2 does not apply to such locks.
(5) the inner flap of a remedial or concrete pants of the combined lock must can be opened only when the outer door is closed; the same applies to the outer door.
(6) personal interlock systems, which are provided for off sluices with oxygen, must be equipped with oxygen breathing equipment including oxygen mask. No oxygen in the air locks must enter from the oxygen breathing system.
1.3 meters (1) in the Chamber of labour, the compressor station, as well as in, before personal interlock systems and combined locks is to attach each a pressure gauge. The pressure gauge is to attach so that the lock keeper can operate the air valves, then in person locks. The pressure gauge in the compressor station has to indicate the working pressure in the working Chamber. Pressure gauges must meet at least the quality class 1 and have a minimum diameter of 160 mm; they are to check before starting for the first time and during the work in compressed air regularly at least every 4 months on their accuracy.
(2) at a working pressure in the working Chamber by more than 0.7 bar overpressure the pressure gradient in the person lock must be recorded depending on automatically by the time through a print writer. The records are to submit the approved doctor and to keep up with the health index together.
(3) in and before the person lock a watch is to attach so that the lock keeper can operate the air valves, then out of the pressure gauge.
(4) in the working chamber and outdoor whose range is in a suitable position per a calibrated Mercury thermometer, of + 50 degrees C to - 30 degrees C is sufficient to hang up. The thermometer must be protected against damage and match in their execution and scale.
1.4 electrical systems and operating materials must be (1) electrical systems and operating materials suitable for wet and soaked areas and protected against dust and water jets.
(2) electric units and equipment may work Chambers, of persons and material locks can only be operated if it through insulation, safety extra-low voltage, Fehlerstrom(FI)-Schutzschaltung (Auslösestromstärke maximum 30 mA) or are protected by protective separation against shock-hazard voltages. Electric lighting installations in working Chambers should be secured by safety extra-low voltage against shock-hazard voltages.
(3) the electrical equipment in the working chamber must be through the working Chamber all-pole switch off, conspicuously marked main switch. The position must be visible.
1.5 lighting working Chambers as well as personal and material locks and their approaches are electrically to illuminate.
1.6 ventilation (1) for each worker are to blow fresh air into the Chambers of labour in the minute at least 0.5 cbm.
(2) fresh air, which is injected in the Chambers of labour and personal interlock systems can be cleaned using air filters and oil separators and must meet the requirements, which are to put on air.
(3) the working chamber must be equipped with a device to blow off the spent air.
1.7 air temperature (1) not less than 10 degrees C and not more than 25 degrees C be the air temperature working Chambers.
(2) in person locks air temperature should not be lower than 15 degrees C; She should not exceed 28 degrees C.
1.8 phone connection, communication between the Chamber of labour, which must persons and material lock, the lock keepers, the site Office, the doctor room and the powerhouse be a right understanding through meetings.
1.9 compressor (1) for the production of the amount of air that is required to generate the necessary operating pressure and to keep and to provide the Chamber of labour and the sheath of the person with fresh air, must be at least two independent sources of energy available. When errors in the energy supply, the second source of energy must appear immediately by itself in activity.
(2) must be at least an operating and a spare compressor for each Chamber of labour. Chamber of labour only ever an operating and a reserve compressor is available, for a each operation and each reserve compressor must provide alone the air amount referred to in paragraph 1.
(3) if there are more than 2 compressor for a working Chamber, you must provide 2/3 arbitrarily selected compressor required air quantity referred to in paragraph 1. This rule only applies when all compressors are powered electrically and as a reserve energy source is an emergency power plant available, or when all compressors are directly powered by internal combustion engines. If the operating compressors are powered by electric motors and the spare compressors have direct driven by internal combustion engines, the power of this compressor and its drive must sufficient pursuant to paragraph 1 required air flow to deliver the entire.
To incorporate an adjustable safety valve is 1.10 supply of compressed air, pressure vessels, valves (1) as close as possible to each compressor at least that can cancel half of sponsored air. There must be no shut-off device between compressor and valve.
(2) each compressor is connected to a pressure tank to compensate for volume and pressure fluctuations; several compressor can be connected to a common pressure reservoir.
(3) by connecting the compressed air lines and installation of shut-off devices is to ensure that the required amount of air is supplied to the Chambers of labour also when breaking a line at any point or in the failure of a compressor.
(4) the compressed air must run to work Chambers by at least two separate lines. Each line must be fitted with a non-return valve on their end.
1.11 emergency generator for lighting and cooling water of the contractor has to provide an emergency generator that turns on automatically when power failure and provides the energy required for lighting and for the cooling water. On the emergency generator can be dispensed with exclusive use of air-cooled engines and battery-powered emergency lighting.
1.12 (1) fire in the working chamber must be present at least 2 fire extinguishers, which are functioning under the maximum allowable working pressure of the Chamber.
(2) flammable and oxidizing substances, as well as high - and highly flammable liquids may be used only for work in compressed air, if special protective measures are taken. These substances and liquids may be stored in the Chamber of labour does not have the day's requirement.
1.13 stop at the entrance of the person lock at the entrance of the person lock is an attack with the following wording: warning!
Introduced may be only fit medically certified who is!
The removal time and the time spent on the different pressure stages are strictly followed.
Who are ill, especially a cold or feel otherwise uncomfortable, should not be introduced.
The consumption of alcohol or carbonated drinks, as well as taking larger meals and smoking are prohibited from the beginning of the smuggling to the end of the off sluices!
The arrangements of the lock keeper are immediately to follow!
Lock-keepers ' is...
1.14 locks book of the employer has to ensure that a lock book at the lock is, in which the lock keeper enters the following information for each lock gear: - date, name of smuggled persons, - beginning and end the smuggling, start the oxygen removal - special events.
2. operation of the work Chambers 2.1 behavior of workers (1) workers have to wear a safety helmet to be provided by the employer in the working Chamber.
(2) the enjoyment of alcoholic or carbonated beverages as well as taking larger meals and smoking are prohibited from the beginning of the smuggling to the end of the off smuggling.
(3) an employee may not hold in the working Chamber.
(4) the arrangements of the lock keeper are immediately to follow.
2.2 General operating rules for working Chambers are (1) Chambers of labour clean and free from odours and harmful gases to keep vapours and dusts.
(2) as long as people keep themselves in the working Chamber, air pressure fluctuations should be avoided.
(3) while material is transported through the shaft, which is used to turn on and get off, this and the area below the pit entrance for people is to lock.
(4) in working Chambers, which are lowered, only persons allowed during the decrease, which are needed for the implementation and monitoring of the operation of lowering.
(5) supervisors in the work Chamber have to carry a flashlight with them.
(6) in the working chamber at the same time only so many workers may stay as can be ejected at the same time.
2.3 use of locks (1) during the period, the personal interlock systems are needed for the recompression of compressed air sick, may be used for other purposes.
(2) material locks may not be used for the smuggling of persons. Personal interlock systems may not be used for the smuggling of material.
(3) medical compressed air chambers shall be used according to medical instructions just for recompression and treatment pressure air sick as well as per Beschleusungen.
(4) in the case of the off sluices with oxygen you are no. 1.2 para 6 to use designated oxygen breathing equipment and breathing masks. Oxygen breathing may only be started when the pressure in the Airlock to 1.0 bar has been lowered from.
2.4 explosions in the working chamber (1) when blasting in the working chamber can be ignited only electrically.
(2) explosives and igniters must be separately introduced and placed in the working Chamber.
(3) before the demolition, the Chamber of labour is clear. After the demolition may be entering again until, when the explosive clouds are removed.
2.5 welding and cutting in the work Chamber (1) the employer must ensure, that for welding and cutting works exists in relief an operating statement.
(2) hose assemblies for flammable gases and oxygen are to equip with a leak gas backup.
(3) duck gas bottle are allowed only for the duration of the welding and cutting in the work Chamber.
2.6 hot drinks hotter in compressed air is employed to make tea or hot coffee.
3. nature of medical compressed air chambers, recreation, locker and driers and 3.1 medical compressed air chambers (1) sick air chambers have sanitary facilities be at least 1.85 metres high and consist of a sick Chamber as well as an antechamber to the on and off sluices.
(2) compressed air-chambers of the sick must be equipped with 1 devices to operate the hospital compressed air Chamber including their heating and lighting systems, as well as their systems to regulate the supply and exhaust air from the inside and from the outside, 2. an intercom, 3. at least two observation Windows, 4. a medicine sheath, 5 two same instruments of the grade of 0.6 with a minimum diameter of 160 mm, of which one indoor and the other must be located outside , 6. a pressure recorder, 7 an oil and water separator into the compressed air supply line, 8 sealed a silencer for supply air, 9 more blind flanged pipes for subsequent installations, 10.
a sitting area and a padded Chair, who must have no sharp edges, 11 an abort bucket with specific chemicals.
(3) in order to ensure the pressure required for the treatment at any time, an air supply system must exist, with the maximum therapy pressure can be achieved in the short term.
(4) the work Chambers and personal interlock systems applicable to paragraph 1.2 paragraph 1 sentence 2;
Point 1.2 (2);
Paragraph 1.2 paragraph 3;
Point 1.3 paragraph 1 sentence 2;
Point 1.3 paragraph 1 sentence 4 second half of sentence;
Point 1.3, paragraph 2;
Point 1.3, paragraph 3;
Point 1.3 paragraph 4;
Number 1.4 paragraph 2 sentence 1.
Point 1.7 paragraph 2;
Paragraph 4 and 1.11 number find number 1.10 on sick air chambers according to application.
3.2 rooms for medical examinations and treatments rooms for medical examinations and treatments must be fitted with an easy-to-clean floor, light and heated and have a telephone, three power outlets, and a sink with running hot and cold water. You must be at least equipped with a lockable cabinet for instruments and medicines, a ceiling lamp, a floor lamp with flexible lighting part, a bed, a Chair, a stool and a towel dispenser and SOAP.
3.3 recreation must be heated (1) recreation; the temperature has to be at least 20 degrees C.
(2) every worker must have a seat of thermal material and place at a table and the ability to heat food in recreation rooms.
3.4 changing rooms must be heated (1) locker rooms; the temperature has to be at least 20 degrees C.
(2) in the changing room, a lockable dress container to allocate is every worker.
3.5 drying drying must be heated and equipped with devices for drying wet clothing.
3.6 washrooms and toilets (1) washrooms and toilets must meet the requirements of hygiene and spatial connection to the dressing rooms.
(2) in the washrooms, a water tap with sink and a shower must be available for 3 workers of a layer. The taps and showers must be set up for hot and cold water.
(3) in washrooms and toilets, no floor coverings made of wood or similar organic materials may be used.
(4) bathrooms need to be heated. The temperature has to be at least 20 degrees C.
Annex 2 (§ 21 para 1) Ausschleusungs - and wait times site of the original text: Federal Law Gazette I, 1997, 1387-1401 (1) the removal of workers in compressed air has to be made according to the table 1 with oxygen.
(2) more than 24 hours are between stays in compressed air and the stay of employees in air exceeds 50% of the stay time according to table 1, so the competent authority working press may grant exceptions from the obligation of removal with oxygen until 1.8 bar upon request. For these cases, applies emergency table 1 (3) in an emergency where an ejection with oxygen due to technical failure of the plant to the rejection with oxygen (oxygen equipment) is not possible, a rejection under compressed air in voting can be made with the authorized physician after the emergency table 1.
(4) must be exceeded in emergency situations the time of stay allowed in accordance with table 1, is the removal with oxygen in coordination with the authorized physician after the emergency table 2 to carry out. This emergency situation does not allow the removal with oxygen due to technical failure of the oxygen system, the removal with compressed air can be made after the emergency table 3.
(5) after completion of the work in compressed air must be observed following waiting times at a working pressure of more than 1 bar: - off race with a pressure range of 30 minutes - after off race with several pressure levels 60 minutes - before removal from the place of employment more than 12 hours 90 minutes.
(6) the employer shall ensure that the employees of the authorised doctor about the arrival of air travel are advised.
Table 1: ejection with oxygen during normal operation warning: oxygen breathing may be started, if the pressure in the Airlock to 1.0 bar is lowered.
(Inhalt: nicht darstellbare Tabelle, Fundstelle: BGBl. I 1997, 1388-1393) *) Note: the work pressure is with compressed air technical failure of oxygen plant - only in consultation with the doctor to apply ejection emergency table 1: beyond the atmospheric pressure overpressure! -(Content: not representable table, reference: BGBl. I 1997, 1393 - 1395) *) Note: the work pressure is the pressure exceeding atmospheric pressure!
Emergency table with oxygen in an emergency exceeding permissible residence time – only in consultation with the doctor to apply 2: rejection! -Attention: With oxygen breathing may be started, if the pressure in the Airlock to 1.0 bar is lowered.
(Inhalt: nicht darstellbare Tabelle, Fundstelle: BGBl. I 1997, 1395-1396) *) Note: the work pressure is the pressure exceeding atmospheric pressure!
Emergency table with compressed air for technical failure of the oxygen system and permitted period of stay - only in consultation with the doctor to apply 3: rejection! -(Content: not representable table, reference: BGBl. I 1997, 1397 - 1401) *) Note: the work pressure is the pressure exceeding atmospheric pressure!
Annex 3 (according to § 18 para 1 No. 4 of the Ordinance on work in compressed air) site of the original text: Federal Law Gazette I 1972, 1927 - 1928;
regarding the details of the changes see footnote statement for lock keepers 1.
The lock keeper is allowed to leave his post until after he is replaced, or all persons have left the Chamber of labour and the sheath.
2. the lock-keepers may introduce only people that are healthy after a written certificate of an authorized doctor. The lock keeper has to make sure about the existence of the certificate. The lock-keepers about the required for the smuggling behavior to teach has people who are introduced for the first time.
3. persons who are under the influence of alcohol, may not be introduced. The lock keeper finds an alcohol effect first after the injection, so he has the person concerned immediately out to discharges.
4. the lock keeper is responsible for ensuring that no unauthorized uses the air valve and that not more people at the same time a - or removed, as is indicated on the stop in the sheath.
5. the lock keeper is responsible for the compliance with the provisions laid down for the on and off sluices. He has to consider in particular the following: a) the time required for the smuggling has become after the occupants of locks set, slowest reached the pressure equalization. During the smuggling a smuggled persons are constantly to keep in mind. Complaints occur when a person, is the pressure in the valve immediately back to lower and slower than before to increase. Symptoms occur once again, the person concerned is off to locks and the No. 1 according to § 18 para 1 to make announcement ordered expert or his Deputy on this.
(b) the off sluices of people has to be made for working pressures of 0.7 bar or in principle with oxygen, this table is to keep 1 of annex 2. While all people must set on the oxygen mask.
(c) is due to technical failure of the oxygen system that not possible, has off sluices with oxygen to be carried out the removal air according to emergency table 1 of annex 2.
(d) in emergency situations the allowed duration of stay exceeded by persons in the working Chamber, these are after the emergency table 2 of annex 2 with oxygen breathing out to deliver.
(e) can in emergency situations referred to in d with oxygen removed be, has to be removal air according to emergency table 3 of annex 2.
f) are the periods of residence in the working chamber between the values given in the tables, the smuggling time specified for the higher residence time to comply.
g) the pressure in the working chamber varies regularly, E.g. by ebb and flood caused, or temporarily, from smuggling times must correspond to the highest pressure of each work shift.
h) while the off smuggling is to flush the sheath with fresh air.
6. the lock-keepers must not differ only for hazard to life or health of persons off smuggling times the tables of annex 2. This are the manager responsible for the air operations or his Deputy and the authorized physician immediately to notify. Are too fast out smuggled persons as soon as possible in the hospital compressed air Chamber or - as far as such does not exist - in the person lock under the pressure to put that has passed into the working chamber and after the prescribed time of the tables of annex 2 out to discharges.
7 decreases the pressure in the lock as a result of leakage for closed outlet tap faster than off smuggling times of the tables of annex 2 prescribe it, so the lock keeper got so much compressed air have a, that the proper pressure rating and removal times are respected.
Rejecting a person shows symptoms or she are complaints, so the lock keeper has to interrupt the smuggling process of immediately and to stop on the achieved compression until the soreness is gone. This is not the case, after a few minutes the pressure in the person lock is again on the previous work pressure. The lock keeper has to initiate the immediate notification of the approved doctor and the sick especially carefully and slowly out to get, if not notified doctor gives other instructions.
9. in the case of any diseases or accidents by people in compressed air, the authorized physician before beginning the removal is to communicate in any case. According to statement of the authorized physician is the removal of diseased or injured.
10. the names of sick and accident injuries are immediately to name the responsible manager or his Deputy the lock keepers.
11 from the lock-keepers, so that immediately has to show his next Manager, so that a representative can be ordered.
12. any damage to the sheath or whose institution (doors, valves, pressure gauges, pressure recorder, clock, intercom, etc.) has the lock-keepers immediately to show the responsible manager or his Deputy.
Search Translated Laws of Germany