Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/geistwstiftg/BJNR200300002.html
Law establishing a foundation of German Humanities institutes abroad, Bonn (DGIAG) DGIAG Ausfertigung date: 20.06.2002 full quotation: "law establishing a foundation of German Humanities institutes abroad, Bonn from 20 June 2002 (BGBl. I S. 2003), by article 1 of the Act of July 31, 2009 (BGBl. I p. 2622) is changed" stand: amended by art. 1 G v. 31.7.2009 I 2622 for details on the stand number found in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection off) : 1.7.2002 +++) heading: official letter abbreviation eingef. by article 1 No. 1 G v. 31.7.2009 I 2622 mWv 1.7.2009 § 1 name, legal form and the Foundation under the name "Foundation German Humanities institutes abroad" establishes a legal Federal Foundation of under public law with headquarters in Bonn. By statute, the Foundation can give a name.
§ 2 purpose of the Foundation (1) the purpose of the Foundation is to promote the following: 1 research with a focus on the areas of history, culture, economic and social sciences in selected countries and 2. mutual understanding between Germany and these countries.
The Foundation maintains German Research Institute (Institute) with this objective in their host country and promotes preparatory and accompanying activities, in particular projects.
(2) the institutions are independent institutions that are independent in their scientific work in the framework of the Statute of the Foundation. You should conduct your own research and in cooperation between the German Humanities and Social Sciences of the host country promote, especially through 1 publications, 2nd scientific events such as exhibitions, conferences and meetings, 3rd scientific information and consultations and the mediation of scientific contacts and 4. promotion of young scientists, especially through the award of scholarships.
(3) the Foundation pursues exclusively and directly non-profit purposes in the sense of the section "Tax privileged purposes" of the tax code.
§ 3 endowments (1) to fulfil the purpose of the Foundation shall be the Foundation an annual appropriation of the Covenant in accordance with the respective federal budget law.
(2) the Foundation shall be entitled to take funds from a third party. The adoption must be only, if it means no conditions which affect the fulfilment of the purpose of the Foundation.
(3) income of the endowment and other revenue may be used only in the sense of the purpose of the Foundation. The Foundation may favour no people by spending, which are the purpose of the Foundation, or by disproportionately high remuneration.
§ 4 statute that gives Foundation is a statute, which is decided by the Board with a majority of two-thirds of its members and requires the approval of the Federal Ministry for education and research. The same applies to amendments to the Statute.
§ 5 organs of the Foundation are organs of the Foundation 1 Board, 2. which or the Chairman of the Board, 3. the Directorate meeting, 4. the directors or directors of the institutes, 5. the Managing Director or the Managing Director.
§ 6 Board (1) the Board consists of eleven of the Federal Ministry of education and research for a term of four years appointed members. It will be called: 1 two members appointed by the Federal Government, 2. a member as Chairman or Chairman of the Board of Trustees designated by the Board of Trustees, 3. seven members designated by the bodies specified in the articles of Association, in particular by scientific organisations, and 4 a member designated by the organization specified in the articles of Association of the economy.
As members pursuant to sentence 2 number 2 and 3 can only scientists or scientists to be named. Members are supposed to represent the scientific width of the entire Foundation pursuant to sentence 2 number 2 to 4. The members may be appointed only once again. Board of Trustees appoints a person under sentence 2 number 2 on the basis of proposals that will be made from among its members or of the Directorate meeting. If this person at the time of the appeal is member of the Board of Trustees pursuant to sentence 2 already number 3 or 4, a new Member is appointed for the vacated space.
(2) the person entrusted with the chairmanship of the Board of Trustees chairs the meetings of the Board of Trustees and has the right to participate in the meetings of all other institutions and bodies. To lead the budget negotiations with the Federal Ministry of education and research, with the participation of the Managing Director or the Managing Director and the Directorate meeting. She is Chief of Directors and directors and the Managing Director or the Managing Director, and can also represent the Foundation.
(3) the Foundation Board is the supreme body of the Foundation. He will decide in all matters that are the Foundation of fundamental importance. These include in particular amendments to the Statute, decisions concerning the assignment of tasks to the institutions and bodies of the Foundation in case of doubt, the economic plan, significant personnel decisions as well as the establishment or closure of facilities of the Foundation. With the leadership of the Institute he appointed directors and directors. The Board monitors the activities of the institutions and the other bodies of the Foundation and causes the evaluation of institutions. He can make reports on the activities of the institutions.
(4) the Statute regulates the details.
Section 7 procedures of the Board (1) the Board of Trustees decides usually in sessions that, shall convene the or the Chairman as required but at least once in the year. At the request of at least half of the members, the or the President must convene a meeting.
(2) two members of the Directorate meeting, two members of the Assembly of the Advisory Board Chairman, Managing Director or Managing Director as well as based on a representative or a representative of the staff and the scientific staff and employees take part at the meetings of the Board of Trustees as permanent guests with application and right to speak. By statute, other people can be admitted to participate.
(3) the Board of Trustees is quorate when at least half of the members are present or represented. The Foundation Council takes its decisions by a simple majority of the members present or participating in a written vote unless not provided otherwise in this Act or the articles of Association. Vote the vote the Chairman shall be decisive. Budget matters, the appointment of Directors and directors, as well as amendments to the statutes may not be decided against the votes of the members appointed by the Federal Government. The Board obtain the opinion of the Directorate meeting strategic and central budgetary decisions; the Statute regulates the details.
§ 8 Directorate meeting (1) which sets Directorate meeting of the directors and directors of the institutes together.
(2) the Directorate meeting shall elect from its members a spokesperson or a speaker and a Deputy for this person and determines their regular guests on the Board.
(3) the Directorate meeting on certain of her permanent guests in the Foundation Council participates in the decision-making process of the Foundation.
(4) the Directorate Meeting decides usually in meetings, which convene the speaker or the speaker as required, but at least once in the year. A meeting must be convened at the request of at least half of the members. The Directorate Assembly takes decisions by a majority of the members present.
(5) the Statute regulates details.
§ 9 directors and directors of institutes (1) the Board of Trustees appointed for each institution on the proposal of the Scientific Advisory Board (§ 10) a person to the Director or the Director who manages the Institute. It can represent the Foundation in Affairs of the institution and supervisor or Manager of Institute members. To place the part plan of the Institute, from the budget of the Foundation. The Institute should receive the resources they need to carry out their scientific and administrative tasks.
(2) the Director or the Director of an Institute is appointed for a maximum of five years. Re-appointment for a maximum of seven years is allowed.
(3) the Statute regulates the details.
A Scientific Advisory Board is appointed § 10 scientific advisory boards of the Institute (1) for each institution. He has up to nine members. Employees of the Institute may not belong to him. A Scientific Advisory Board members should include also foreign scientists.
(2) the Board of Trustees appoints the members of the Scientific Advisory Board for four years. One-time again appeal result is permitted. Before appeals can be heard the respective Scientific Advisory Board.
(3) any scientific Advisory Board advises the Institute, for which he was appointed, and the Board of Trustees in Institute Affairs on scientific issues. He shall submit proposals for the occupation of the respective positions of Director the Board of Trustees.
(4) the Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board are the meeting of the Advisory Board Chairman.
(5) further regulates the Statute.
§ 11 volunteering
The members of the Board and the Scientific Advisory Board of the Institute free of charge exert their activity. That or the Chairman of the Board of Trustees can receive compensation for his or her activity.
§ 12 the local businesses of the Foundation, to get as far as according to the law or the articles of association not by another organ are (1) Managing Director Managing Director or the Managing Director. This person decides in particular in part matters that go beyond the cooperation with the people and authorities of the respective host country or several institutions are affected by them. She represents the Foundation and out of court.
(2) the Statute regulates the procedure to appoint the Managing Director or the Managing Director, as well as further details.
Article 13 Secretariat the joint secretariat supports the work of the Foundation's governing bodies, the employees of the institutes and the Scientific Advisory Board. It is headed by the Managing Director or the Managing Director.
§ 14 supervision, audit (1) the Foundation is subject to the legal supervision of the Federal Ministry for education and research.
(2) for the household, point of sale and accounting of the Foundation, the rules in this respect for the direct Federal Administration find appropriate application. The budgetary and economic management of the Foundation are subject to review by the General Accounting Office.
§ 15 workers (1) on the working and training conditions of employees and trainees of the Foundation are for each applicable employees and trainees of the Federal collective agreements and other provisions to apply.
(2) the articles of association can meet with approval of the Federal Ministry for education and research, consent of the staff by way of derogation from article 91 paragraph 1 number 2 of the Federal staff representation Act for the choice of the main personnel Council on structural features of the Foundation adapted regulations. The right of the respective host country applies to the local staff working in the institutions.
Reporting that lays Foundation at least every two years one section 16 publicly available report on their current activities and their intentions before.
Search Translated Laws of Germany