Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/b_chsmstrv/BJNR011170981.html
Regulation on the profession and on the examination requirements in the practical and the specialist theoretical part of the master craftsman for the gunsmith trade (gunsmith master regulation - BüchsMstrV) BüchsMstrV Ausfertigung date: 01.10.1981 full quotation: "gunsmith master regulation by October 1, 1981 (BGBl. I p. 1117)" footnote (+++ text detection from: 1.4.1982 +++) input formula on the basis of section 45 of the trade and crafts code as amended by the notice of December 28, 1965 (BGBl. 1966 I p. 1), last by article 24 No. 1 of the law of 18 March 1975 (BGBl. I p. 705) is has been modified , is prescribed in the agreement with the Federal Ministry of education and Science: 1 section profession § 1 the Gunsmithing trade profession (1) are attributable to following activities: 1. Design and manufacture of weapon parts and their Assembly to firearms for hunting and sport, 2. maintenance, repair, maintenance and shooting firearms, 3. customization of optical devices.
(2) the Gunsmithing trade are attributable to the following knowledge and skills: 1. knowledge of mechanics including the strength of materials, 2. knowledge of machine parts, 3 knowledge of optics, 4. knowledge of functioning, building and use of firearms as well as replay Chargers and components, 5. knowledge of the soft and the Hartlötens, 6 knowledge of types, properties, names, use, processing and examination of plant and auxiliary materials , 7 knowledge of surface treatment and design, in particular the engraving and inlay, 8 10 knowledge of hunting, of arms and explosives law, 11 knowledge of relevant regulations of accident prevention, occupational health and safety and workplace safety as well as environmental protection, in particular of immission protection, knowledge of indoor, outdoor and target ballistics, 9 knowledge of expertise, in particular the hunting and sporting guns and ammunition types, 12 knowledge of relevant technical standards and guidelines , 13 preparation of drafts, sketches and drawings, 14 reading of exploded views, 15 chipping and chipless loading and processing of steel, non-ferrous metal, plastic, wood, Horn and ivory in particular through files, saws, chisels, drilling, bending, setting, rubbing, scraping, tapping, milling, turning, carving and forging, 16 handle surfaces and perform corrosion protection measures in particular by grinding, polishing, dipping and coating Browning, 17 structure be action by annealing , Hardening and tempering, 18 creating insoluble and detachable connections in particular by soldering and brazing, gas welding and manual metal arc welding, gluing, rivets, screws and pins, 19 assembling, commissioning, test and setting of weapon parts, firearms and optical devices, 20 preparing and shooting firearms, 21 advising of the customer about the safe handling of firearms, 22 maintenance and repairing of equipment, in particular the tools, devices and machines.
2. section examination requirements in parts I and II of the master examination section 2 outline, duration and pass the practical exam (part I) (1) in part I are to make a master craftsman work and perform a work sample. The proposals of the sample to be considered when determining the master craftsman work whenever possible.
(2) making the master craftsman work should take longer than 20 working days, not longer than twelve hours the work sample.
(3) for the existence of the section I each sufficient services in the master craftsman's examination work and in the work sample are minimum requirement.
§ 3 master craftsman work (1) as master craftsman work is one of the following into account: 1 making a functional auto-tensioners tilting barrel gun with rifled barrel, white finished, including the preparation of the rear shaft, 2. making a functional disc rifle with shank or a functional disc gun with orthopedic grip, white finish, 3. fabricating a functional shotgun with "Page closed" and beat piece ejector, white finished, including the preparation of the rear shaft, 4. making a receiver for a self tensioner tilting barrel gun with double barrel hook lock including the rear shaft , 5 making of a combined pair of barrel with adaptation to an existing action including the rear shaft, 6 making of a complete set including the rear shaft for a tilting barrel gun Flash lock.
The examinee may use ready-made blanks for the work number 1 to 3.
(2) the candidate has the master examination Committee before making the master craftsman work to submit a draft diagram showing the main dimensions, the BOM, and the preliminary cost estimate. Approval of these documents is to customize the drawing and passed to the master examination Committee.
(3) with the work of the master craftsman's examination, the final costing is to deliver.
§ 4 writing sample (1) as is work specimen perform one of the following works: 1 make and customize a steel fore for a tilting barrel gun, 2. watching a riflescope with hook arrangement and self-made support base in full material, as well as shooting the gun, 3. make and fit a cam and lock wedge from full material, 4. make a wooden fore including fish skin cutting for a tilting barrel gun, 5 make of a trigger and cocking piston for a Flash , Anson - or page lock.
(2) in the work sample are the most important skills and knowledge to test in the master craftsman work not or could be adequately demonstrated.
§ 5 examination of professional knowledge (part II) (1) in part II are knowledge in the following five test subjects to demonstrate: 1. Engineering Mathematics: calculations from the mechanics and ballistics;
2. technical drawing: a) making sketches and drawings, b) reading of exploded-view diagrams.
3. specialist technology: a) mechanics including strength training, b) machine elements, in particular fits, c) optics, d) functioning, structure and use of firearms, as well as replay Chargers and components, e) surface treatment, f) indoor -, outdoor - and target ballistic as well as expertise, g) hunting, weapons and explosives law, h) relevant provisions of accident prevention, occupational health and safety and occupational safety, i) Regulations of the environmental protection, in particular of the immission protection, k) cutting and non-cutting and processing of materials , l) insoluble and soluble compounds, produced in particular by soft and brazing, gas welding and arc welding, gluing, rivets, screws and pins;
4. materials science: a) types, properties, names, use and processing of plant and auxiliary materials, b) material testing, c) fabric treatment by annealing, hardening and tempering;
5. costing: costing with all pricing factors and calculations for the bid and the costing.
(2) the test shall be performed in writing and orally.
(3) the written test to not more than twelve hours, take no longer than half an hour the oral per examinee.
(4) the candidate is to RID, if he has provided at least good writing services in the average of the oral examination at the request.
(5) minimum requirement for the existence of the part are each sufficient services in the test subjects II pursuant to paragraph 1 No. 1, 3, 4, and 5. 3 section transitional and final provisions section 6 - section 7 further requests the additional requirements in the master test limited according to the regulation on common requirements in the master craftsman in the craft of 12 December 1972 (BGBl. I S. 2381) in the currently valid version.
§ 8 Berlin clause this Regulation shall apply to § 14 of the third of transfer Act in connection with § 128 of the handicrafts Regulation Act also in the Federal State of Berlin.
Article 9 entry into force (1) this regulation enters into force on April 1, 1982.
(2) which are further rules to be applied on the basis of article 122 of the handicrafts Regulation Act, insofar as they regulate items of this Regulation no longer apply.
Concluding formula of the Federal Minister for economic
Search Translated Laws of Germany