Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/btgo1980anl_1/BJNR012550980.html
Code of conduct for members of the German Bundestag (Appendix 1 of the rules of procedure of the German Bundestag, Federal Law Gazette I in 1980, 1237) BTGO1980Anl 1 copy date: 25.06.1980 full quotation: "code of conduct for members of the German Bundestag (Appendix 1 of the rules of procedure of the German Bundestag, Federal Law Gazette I 1980, 1237) of 25 June 1980 (BGBl. I S. 1237, 1255), the most recently by decision d. Bundestag has been changed from 14 March 2013" stand : Last modified by decision d. Bundestag v. 14.3.2013 REF. BEK. v. 18.6.2013 I in 1644 for more information on the stand number you see in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from: 1.10.1980 +++) (+++ text of the rules of procedure see: BTGO 1980 +++) § 1 duty of disclosure (1) a member of the Bundestag is obligated in writing to show 1 the President before his membership in the Bundestag last exercised employment;
2. activities as a member of Board of Directors, supervisory board, Board of Directors, Advisory Board, or other body of a society or a company operated in a different legal form;
3. activities as a member of Board of Directors, supervisory board, Board of Directors, Advisory Board, or other body of a corporation or institution of under public law.
4. (dropped out) (2) a member of the Bundestag is in addition obliged the President in writing the following activities and contracts that during the membership in the Bundestag are exercised or recorded or are effective to display: 1 gainful activities in addition to the mandate, which itself, or in the context of an employment relationship are exercised. These include such as the continuation of a professional activity exercised before the membership as well as consulting, representation, expertise, journalistic and presentation activities. The obligation for compensation for opinions for publishing and lecture activities shall not apply if the amount of agreed income does not exceed the amount of EUR 1 000 a month, or 10 000 euro a year. It is not applicable for the activity as a member of the Federal Government, as Parliamentary Secretary and Minister of State;
2. activities as a member of Board of Directors, supervisory board, Board of Directors, Advisory Board, or other body of a company or a company in a different legal form;
3. activities as a member of Board of Directors, supervisory board, Board of Directors, Advisory Board, or other body of a corporation or institution of under public law;
4. activities as a member of the Executive Committee or other Executive or advisory body of a club, association or a similar organization as well as a foundation not only local importance;
5. the existence or the conclusion of agreements, stating that during or after termination of membership services transfer the Member of the Bundestag or financial benefits should be used to
6 investments in capital or partnerships, if this establishes a significant economic impact on a company. The President sets the limits of the duty of disclosure in the implementing provisions to be adopted in accordance with paragraph 4.
7th to 9th (fallen away) (3) when an activity and a contract, which no. 1 to 5 are compulsorily notifiable in accordance with paragraph 2, also the amount of relevant income must be given if they exceed the amount of EUR 1 000 or the year the sum of EUR 10 000 a month. To put reason are the gross amounts to be paid for an activity, including compensation, compensation, and benefits in kind.
(4) the President shall adopt implementing regulations on the content and scope of the duty of disclosure, after he has given opportunity to comment, the Bureau and the Chairmen.
(5) the duty of disclosure is not the communication of facts about third parties, for which the Member can assert legal Zeugnisverweigerungsrechte or secrecy obligations. The President can set in these cases in the implementing provisions to meet the duty of disclosure is, that the rights referred to in sentence 1 are not violated. For this purpose, he may provide for in particular that an industry name to specify is instead of the information on the payer.
(6) ads are according to the rules of conduct to submit within a period of three months after the acquisition of membership of the Bundestag as well as after the occurrence of changes or additions to the President during the election period.
§ 2 legal practitioners (1) members of the Bundestag, that judicial or non-judicial experience for a fee for the Federal Republic of Germany, have to show the President the acquisition of the representation if the fee exceeds a minimum amount set by the President.
(2) the members of the Bundestag, that judicial or non-judicial occur against the Federal Republic of Germany paid to the care of Foreign Affairs, have to show the President the acquisition of the representation if the fee exceeds a minimum amount set by the President.
(3) paragraphs 1 and 2 shall apply mutatis mutandis if judicial or out-of-court in particular for or against federal authorities, institutions or foundations under public law.
§ 3 publication information pursuant to section 1 para 1 No. 1 to 6 are no. 1 and 2 in the official guide and published on the website of the German Bundestag. The information in accordance with § 1 para 3 of income are published in the form that relate to every single published facts each one is expelled from ten levels of income. 1 recorded one-time or regular monthly income of magnitude of 1 000 to 3 500 euros, the level 2 income up to 7 000 euro, the level 3 income up to 15 000 euros, the level 4 income up to 30 000 euro, the level 5 income up to 50 000 euro, the level 6 income up to 75 000 euro, the level 7 income up to 100 000 euro , the level 8 income up to 150 000 euro, the level 9 income up to EUR 250 000 and the level 10 income over 250 000 euros. Regular monthly income are identified as such. Irregular income to an activity are displayed within a calendar year, the annual total is formed and the income level is published with the date.
§ 4 donations (1) a member of the Bundestag has cash donations and non-monetary donations of any kind (donations), provided to him for his political activities separately invoice to lead.
(2) a gift, the value of which exceeds EUR 5 000 in a calendar year is to show the President stating the name and address of the donor, as well as the overall height.
(3) donations are as far as they individually or with several donations of the same donor together exceed EUR 10 000 in a calendar year, to publish, specifying their height and origin in the official guide and on the website of the German Bundestag by the President.
(4) for donations to a member of the Bundestag is § 25 paragraph 2 and 4 of the law on the application of appropriate political parties.
(5) to represent the views of the German Bundestag or its factions or as a representative of the German Bundestag do not apply non-monetary contributions 1 on the occasion of the perception of interparliamentary and international relations, 2. to participate in events for political information, as donations in the meaning of that provision; they are to show but according to paragraph 2, and to publish in accordance with paragraph 3.
(6) non-monetary donations that receives a member of the Bundestag as a gift on his mandate, must be shown the President and handed out; the Member may request to keep the gift against payment of the equivalent of the federal Treasury. A display not needed, if the material value of the guest gift does not exceed an amount specified in the regulations of the President (section 1, paragraph 4).
(7) the President decides on the appropriation of friendly gifts and accepted unlawful donations in consultation with the Bureau.
§ 5 information on membership information on the membership of the Bundestag in professional or business affairs are not permitted.
§ 6 link of interest to the Committee has a member of the Bundestag, which is busy, which is, in a Committee of the Bundestag to advise against payment with a subject as interest link to disclose this Committee before consulting as is evident from the information published in accordance with § 3.
§ 7 question in question is obliged to make by asking questions to the President about the content of his duties according to these rules of behavior that is a member of the Bundestag.
Article 8 procedure (1) are evidence that a member of the Bundestag has violated his duties according to the rules of conduct, the President first obtain its opinion and opened an investigation in fact and law. He may require supplementary information to the explanation and clarification of the facts of the affected Member and ask the Chairman of the group, of which this member, opinion.
(2) after the conviction of the President, that a less severe case or slight negligence is present (such as display periods exceeding), is admonished the Member concerned. Otherwise the President tells the result of the review the Bureau and the Chairmen of the groups. The Bureau determines whether there is a breach of the code of conduct after consultation of the Member concerned. Presidium, finding that a member of the Bundestag has violated his duties according to the rules of conduct, is released without prejudice to additional sanctions according to § 44a of the members act as printed matter. The determination that a breach does not exist, is published at the request of the Member of the Bundestag.
(3) there are indications of a violation against a member of the Presidium, or against a group Chairperson, the affected Member of the Bundestag does not participate in meetings within the framework of this procedure. Instead of a concerned group Chairman, his Deputy referred to in paragraph 1 is belongs to and taught in accordance with paragraph 2. His Deputy has evidence to suggest that the President has violated his duties according to the code of conduct, there are according to the provisions of paragraphs 1 and 2 to proceed.
(4) the Board may impose a fine against the Member of the Bundestag, which violated its duty of disclosure, after renewed consultation. The amount of the fine money will be determined according to the severity of the case and according to the degree of fault. It can be fixed up to the amount of half of the annual salary. The President performs the setting. At the request of the Member concerned, a payment can be agreed. § 31 sentence 3 and 4 of the members of Parliament Act shall apply mutatis mutandis.
(5) in cases of § 44a para 3 of the deputies law the President opened an investigation in fact and law after hearing of the Member concerned. This is to turn off when testing on the existence of a reasonable consideration in the sense of § 44a para 2 sentence 3 of the deputies Act on the commercial validity; in the alternative, it is crucial if performance and consideration obviously out of proportion are. Under this paragraph, measures presuppose that the receipt of the grant or of the pecuniary advantage is no longer than three years. The President may require supplementary information to the explanation and clarification of the facts of the Member and ask the Chairman of the group, of which this member, opinion. Results after the conviction of the President, that an invalid grant exists according to § 44a para 2 of the members of Parliament Act, he communicates the result of the review the Bureau and the Chairmen of the groups. After consultation of the Member, the Bureau determines whether there is a breach of section 44a para 2 of the members of Parliament Act. The President makes the claim in accordance with § 44a para 3 of the members act in the way of a bureaucracy. The finding that a member of the Bundestag has violated its obligations under the Parliament Act, will be published without prejudice to additional sanctions according to § 44a of the members act as printed matter. The determination that a breach does not exist, is published at the request of the Member of the Bundestag. Paragraph 3 shall apply mutatis mutandis.
§ 9 (dropped out)
Search Translated Laws of Germany