Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bles/BJNR278100994.html
Statutes of the Federal Agency for agriculture and food BLES Ausfertigung date: 29.09.1994 full quotation: "Statute of the Federal Agency for agriculture and food of 29 September 1994 (BGBl. I S. 2781), by article 1 of the Decree of 23 July 1997 (BGBl. I S. 1918) has been changed" stand: amended by art. 1 V v. 23.7.1997 I 1918 for details on the stand number found in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from) : Units +++) (+++ text of the regulation see: BLESV +++) first section construction and management section 1 structure of the Agency the Federal Agency for agriculture and food (Bundesanstalt) is divided into departments, groups, and departments. The resulting after this organizational plan is set by the Federal Ministry of food, agriculture and forestry (Ministry) by Decree.
§ 2 Management (1) the President runs the business and manages the assets of the Federal Agency on their own responsibility in accordance with the law on the establishment of a Federal Agency for agriculture and food of 2 August 1994 (Federal Law Gazette I S. 2018, 2019) (law), these statutes and the instructions of the Ministry. He has the leadership and oversees the entire operation of the service.
(2) it represents the Institute and out of court.
(3) he is represented in its capacity as an organ of the Institute by the Vice President.
(4) it shall adopt its rules of procedure, which require the consent of the Ministry.
§ 3 representation, job transfer, signing authority (1) the head of Department support the President in the conduct of business and the management of the assets of the institution. Run the day-to-day in its fields of competence in their departments. The President may delegate other responsibilities the Department heads. This should be particularly for the heads of the departments 'Plant products' and 'Animal products' in the area of goods shops. The transfer, withdrawal, and the scope of powers of representation will be announced in the Federal Gazette.
(2) the President can transfer the final signatory authority for business operations of a deferred task area to employees of the institution. Details, as well as the shape of the drawing are governed by the rules of procedure.
(3) contractual declarations must be in writing.
Second section Board of Directors section 4 appeals of the representatives of the economic groups referred to in § 5 (1) of the Act are members of the Board of Directors and their deputies (1) suggested by following federal associations, namely: 1. the representatives of agriculture including the horticulture, wine, forestry and the fishing industry by the German peasant Association in consultation with the Central Association of garden construction e.V., the German wine-growing Association , the German forestry Council e.V. and the German market Association the Association of the fishing industry, 2. one representative of consumers by the German Trade Union Federation, the German employees Union and the Association of consumer associations e.V., 3. representatives of wholesale and foreign trade by the Federation of German wholesale and foreign trade e.V. in agreement with the German Association of commercial composite group e.V., 4 representatives of retail trade by the Federal Association of the German food retail in agreement with the Federal Association of the branch offices and self-service department stores, and the Bundesverband German consumption genossenschaften e.V., 5. the representative of the food trade by the Central Association of the German trade, 6 that the representatives of agricultural cooperatives by the Germans e.V., 8 representatives of land trade in goods by the Central Association of the German grain, feed, and fertilizer trade e.V. (2) for all members of the Board of Directors in the sense of § 5 para 1 of the law for the case of their incapacitation is representatives of the food industry by the Federal Association of the German food industry association of the 7 a Deputy by name to name. Paragraph 1 and article 5, par. 2 and 3 of the Act shall apply mutatis mutandis with respect to the proposal and the order of the Deputy.
§ 5 right and duty of the Board of Directors (1) to carry out the tasks incumbent upon the Board of directors pursuant to section 6 of the Act of the Board of Directors is entitled to be informed by the President on the activities of the Institute. A right to information and consultation is to extent towards the President.
(2) the Ministry may request that the Board of Directors on its activities provides him with information at any time and without restriction and shall submit all necessary documents and records.
§ 6 representation of the Board which is the Board of Directors represented by the Chairman and in his absence by his Deputy.
§ 7 meetings of the Board of Directors (1) the Board of Directors as needed shall meet, at least once a year. The meetings are not public.
(2) the meetings of the Board of Directors shall be convened by the Chairman, or at his Indespensability by his Deputy. The Board of Directors must be convened if the Ministry or at least seven members of the Board of directors or the President's request. The President has the right to take part in the meetings.
(3) the Chairman of the Advisory Boards can take part in the meetings. To the meetings, other people can be consulted if their participation is relevant.
(4) the Board of Directors is quorate if at least 15 members are present.
(5) decisions of the Board of Directors require a simple majority of the votes. Vote the vote of the Chairman shall be decisive.
(6) a member of the Board of Directors may not engage in the consultation or vote in their own right.
(7) the members of the Board of directors receive travel allowance according to the guidelines of the Federal Ministry of finance about the compensation of the members of advisory boards, committees, commissions and similar bodies in the area of the Confederation from November 9, 1981 (GMBl. P. 515), last amended by the circular of the Federal Ministry of Finance of 19 March 1997 (GMBl. P. 172). Meeting remuneration will not be granted.
(8) further regulates the rules of procedure.
§ 8 written proceedings a decision of the Board of Directors, in the written procedure is allowed. The further regulates the rules of procedure.
Third section Advisory article 9 establishment and composition of technical advisory boards (1) the Board of Directors decides on the establishment and commodity breakdown of technical advisory boards.
(2) the composition and the number of members of the advisory boards are set separately according to the § 7 paragraph 1 sentence 2 of the Act of the Board of Directors for each Department. Section 4, paragraph 2 shall apply mutatis mutandis.
(3) the Federal Ministry and the Supreme Land authorities for food, agriculture and forestry shall appoint representatives in the respective advisory. The number of representatives of the highest authorities of the country amounts to no more than three. Representatives of the Federal Ministry to not vote.
(4) the Advisory Board elects the Chairman and the Deputy Chairman from among its members by a majority of its members.
§ 10 tasks of the Advisory Boards (1) the Advisory Boards advise the President and the Board of Directors on issues of their respective areas of the goods immediately.
(2) the Advisory shall indicate in particular the market situation and the trends with regard to upcoming market-related issues. You can submit proposals in matters of agricultural markets to the President and Board of Directors. In this respect, the Advisory Board, the right on information and consultation. To measures aimed at improving the operation of the market (section 2 para 1 No. 5 of the Act), the appropriate Advisory Board will be heard.
(3) the advisory boards have the Board of Directors on its activities, in particular on opinions and statements which they face immediately, gave the President to teach.
§ 11 sessions of the Advisory Boards (1) the advisory boards meet as needed. Their meetings are not public.
(2) the meetings of the advisory boards are convened by the Chairman. The Advisory Board must be convened if at least a quarter of the members of the Trade Advisory Board, the Board of directors or the President request it. The President or a representative nominated by him for this purpose the institution have the right to participate in the meetings. Others are brought to the sessions when wish the Ministry or the President or the Chairman considers their participation in relevant.
(3) a member of an expert Advisory Board may not engage in the consultation or vote in their own right. Details, in particular with regard to the quorum and voting, lays down the rules of procedure.
(4) for the participation in the meetings, no travel expenses and meeting remuneration are granted.
Fourth section management section 12 administrative budget, financial management (1) the financial year of the company is the calendar year.
(2) the Ministry determines the time for the preparation and presentation of the budget plan.
(3) the provisions of the federal financial regulation and the implementing rules, each adopted apply the financial management and accounting. The books are set up according to the principles of management accounting and to lead. Payments in the administrative area are on the for the Office of the Federal Office.
(4) within three months after the end of the budget year, the appropriate application of the accounting provisions of the Federal President has to establish a financial statements about the actual income and expenditure, which is to be submitted to the Ministry to grant the relief.
§ 13 management plan, management (1) the financial year of the Institute is the calendar year.
(2) the business plan is a success plan. He is based on the principles of the federal budget rules to set up.
(3) the Ministry determines the time for the preparation and presentation of the economic plan.
(4) the provisions of the federal financial regulation and the implementing rules, each adopted apply for the management and accounting. The books are set up according to the generally accepted accounting principles, and to lead.
(5) measures of fundamental or substantial financial importance, as well as the assumption of obligations, for which in the economic plan, no authorization is included, require the consent of the Ministry.
(6) the Ministry shall be submitted by the President: a) to 1 February a list about the funds raised in the last year actually, b) to July 1 the balance sheet, the profit and loss account and the annual report for the fiscal year.
§ 14 borrowing the procedure of use of credit by the institution (§ 10 par. 4 and 5 of the law) is regulated by Decree of the Federal Ministry in consultation with the Federal Ministry of finance.
Fifth section transitional provisions article 15 transitional arrangements for the duration of the transitional period according to § 15 (1) of the Act take the President, the Vice President and the Permanent Representative of the functions of the head of the true. The Ministry determines exceptions by Decree.
Search Translated Laws of Germany