Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bismstiftg/BJNR258200997.html
Law on the establishment of an Otto-von-Bismarck-Stiftung BismStiftG Ausfertigung date: 23.10.1997 full quotation: "law on the establishment of an Otto-von-Bismarck-Stiftung of 23 October 1997 (BGBl. I S. 2582), by article 79 of the regulation of 29 October 2001 (BGBl. I p. 2785) is changed" stand: amended by article 79 V v. 29.10.2001 I 2785 for more information on the stand number you see in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection off) : 1.11.1997 +++) § 1 legal form of the Foundation under the name "Otto-von-Bismarck-Stiftung" is located in Aumühle Friedrichsruh built a legal foundation of under public law. The Foundation is created with the entry into force of this Act.
§ 2 purpose of the Foundation (1) the purpose of the Foundation is to preserve the memory of the work of the statesman Otto von Bismarck, to collect his personal effects and to manage and to evaluate for the interests of the general public in culture and science, education and politics.
(2) the fulfilment of this purpose serve primarily the following measures: 1. installation and maintenance of a public Memorial in Aumühle Friedrichsruh.
2. acquisition, entertainment, and expansion of the Bismarck library and the Bismarck archive;
3. installation and maintenance of a research and documentation centre in Aumühle Friedrichsruh.
4. publication of archive collections and scientific research;
5. events in the sense of purpose of the Foundation.
§ 3 endowments (1) with the entry into force of this law to transfer to the Foundation: 1. the Federal Republic of Germany for the dependent Otto-von-Bismarck-Stiftung acquired immovable and movable assets, and 2. the rights from the the rental contract of 14 November 1994 between Ferdinand von Bismarck and the Federal Republic of Germany referred to in archival and library materials.
(2) the Foundation is entitled to accept contributions by third parties.
(3) in order to fulfill the purpose of the Foundation (§ 2 para 1) receives the Foundation an annual grant of the Covenant in accordance with the respective federal budget.
(4) income of the endowment and other revenue are only in the sense of the purpose of the Foundation to use.
§ 4 statute that gives Foundation is a statute, which is decided by the Board of Trustees with a majority of four fifths of its members and the approval of the Commissioner of the Federal Government for matters of culture and the media. The same applies to amendments to the Statute.
§ 5 organs of the Foundation are 1. organs of the Foundation Board of Trustees, 2. the Board of Directors.
§ 6 Board of Trustees (1) Board of Trustees consisting of five members appointed by the Federal President for a period of five years. Two members are proposed by the Federal Government and the heirs of Otto von Bismarck; the President selects the fifth member. For each of the five members, a representative is appointed in the same way. Reappointment is allowed.
(2) a member of the Board of Trustees or his representative retires prematurely, an order of a successor for the remainder of the period for which, the Member or the representative was ordered, can be done.
(3) the Board of Trustees elects a Chairman and his Deputy.
(4) the Board of Trustees decides on all basic questions, which belong to the remit of the Foundation. It monitors the activities of the Board. The further regulates the Statute.
§ 7 Board of Directors (1) the Management Board consists of three members. They be ordered by the Board of Trustees with a majority of four fifths of its members, of which a Board member on the proposal of the representative of the Federal Government for matters of culture and the media. The statute can determine that the Member of Chairman of the Management Board proposed by the representative of the Federal Government for matters of culture and the media.
(2) the Executive Committee carries out the decisions of the Board of Trustees and manages the Affairs of the Foundation. He represents the Foundation and out of court.
(3) further regulates the Statute.
§ 8 supporting and volunteering are the members of the Board of Trustees and Board of Directors, as far as they are not part-time, volunteer working.
Article 9 supervisory, budgetary, audit (1) the Foundation is under the supervision of the Commissioner of the Federal Government for matters of culture and the media. In carrying out its tasks the Foundation by the Federal Archives will (and the Stiftung of Preußischer Kulturbesitz) supports; The representative of the Federal Government for matters of culture and media in consultation with the Board of Trustees governs nature and scope.
(2) for the household, point-of-sale, and accounting, as well as for the accounting of the Foundation find the application for the federal administration according to applicable regulations.
§ 10 employees (1) the business of the Foundation are perceived by workers (employees and workers).
(2) on the workers of the Foundation are the collective agreements applicable for employees of the Federal Government and regulations apply.
(3) the right to have civil servants, can be awarded by provision the Foundation.
To cover the administration costs subject to the Statute, fees for the use of Foundation facilities charge fees that Foundation may § 11.
§ 12 seal the Foundation has an official seal.
Article 13 entry into force this law enters into force on the day after the announcement.
Search Translated Laws of Germany