Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/biomassev/BJNR123400001.html
Regulation on the production of electricity from biomass (biomass regulation - BiomasseV) BiomasseV Ausfertigung date: 21.06.2001 full quotation: "biomass regulation of 21 June 2001 (BGBl. I p. 1234), most recently by article 12 of the law of July 21, 2014 (BGBl. I S. 1066) is changed" stand: last amended by art. 12 G v. 21.7.2014 I 1066 for more information on the stand number you see in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from) : 28.6.2001 +++) input formula on the basis of § 2 para 1 sentence 2 of the renewable energy law of March 29, 2000 (BGBl. I p. 305) in conjunction with article 56 para 1 of the Zuständigkeitsanpassungs law of 18 March 1975 (BGBl. I p. 705) and the Organization adopting of the Chancellor of 22 January 2001 (BGBl. I p. 127) enacted the Federal Ministry for environment, nature conservation and nuclear safety, in agreement with the Federal Ministry of consumer protection , Food and Agriculture and for economy and technology, while respecting the rights of the Bundestag: article 1 scope this regulation lays down for the scope of the renewable energies Act, what substances considered to be biomass, which technical procedures for generating electricity from biomass in the scope of the law fall and which environmental requirements in the production of electricity from biomass to be observed.
§ 2 accredited biomass energy sources of phyto - and Zoomasse are (1) biomass within the meaning of this regulation. These include resulting string - and by-products, residues and wastes its energy content comes from phyto - and Zoomasse also in phyto - and Zoomasse.
(2) biomass within the meaning of paragraph 1 are in particular: 1 plants and plant parts, 2. fuels made from plants or plant components, which all components and intermediate products from biomass within the meaning of paragraph 1 have been created, 3. wastes and by-products of plant and animal origin from agriculture, forestry and fishing, 4. bio-waste within the meaning of section 2 No. 1 of the organic waste regulation, 5 from biomass in the sense of paragraph 1 through gasification or pyrolysis gas produced and any resulting consequential and by-products , 6 from biomass within the meaning of paragraph 1 produced alcohols, their components, intermediate, string - and by-products of biomass produced.
(3) without prejudice to paragraph 1 apply as biomass in terms of this Regulation: 1. Treibsel River care, shore maintenance and pollution - control, 2. biogas produced by anaerobic digestion, if to the fermentation not substances number are used 3, 7 or 9, or more than 10% by weight of the sludge according to § 3.
(4) substances, from which in legacy assets within the meaning of § 2 para 3 sentence 4 of the renewable energy law of March 29, 2000 (Federal Law Gazette I p. 305) in the July 31, 2004 amended electricity generated and before 1 April 2000 already than electricity from biomass paid been is, considered biomass in these plants continue to. This does not apply no. 4 substances according to § 3.
§ 2a (dropped out) § 3 as biomass recognized substances not as biomass within the meaning of this Regulation apply: 1. fossil fuels and by-products derived and derived products, 2. peat, 3. mixed municipal waste from private households and similar wastes from other areas of origin including biomass fractions extracted from mixed municipal waste, 4. old wood with the exception of industrial waste wood 5. paper, paperboard, cardboard, 6 sewage sludge in the sewage sludge regulation , 7 port silt and other water sludges and - sediments, 8 textiles, 9 animal by-products within the meaning of article 3 number 1 of Regulation (EC) no 1069/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 October 2009 with hygiene requirements for animal by-products not intended for human consumption and repealing Regulation (EC) No. 1774/2002 (OJ L 300 from November 14, 2009, p. 1), by the directive 2010/63/EC (OJ L 276 of 10, p. 33) is been changed, as far as it is a) relating to category 1 in accordance with article 8 of Regulation (EC) No. 1069/2009, b) material of category 2 in accordance with article 9 of Regulation (EC) No. 1069/2009 with the exception of manure, digestive disconnected from gastric and intestinal tract content and colostrum within the meaning of that regulation is , c) to the category 3 in accordance with article 10 of Regulation (EC) No. 1069 / 2009 with the exception of hides, skins, hooves, feathers, wool, horns, hair and fur to article 10 letters under letters b iii to v, h and n are, and this material by burning as waste is eliminated, or d) to category 3 in accordance with article 10 of Regulation (EC) No. 1069 / 2009 is , which is used in processing plants for category 1 or 2 materials, as well as substances, are that have been produced by their local processing or otherwise caused, 10 landfill gas, 11 sewer gas.
§ 4 technical procedures (1) as technical procedures for the production of electricity from biomass in this Regulation apply single-stage and multi-stage process of electricity generation by the following types of equipment: 1. combustion installations in combination with steam turbine and steam engine, Stirling engine - gas turbine processes, including Organic-Rankine-Cycle-(ORC)-Prozessen, 2. combustion engine systems, 3. gas turbine plants, 4. fuel cell systems, 5 other systems, the techniques such as those referred to in points 1 to 4 with regard to the goal of climate - and environmental protection are operated.
(2) where a power generation from biomass in the purposes of this regulation a procedure under paragraph 1 by a spark or support combustion with substances other than biomass is possible, even such substances can be used.
(3) according to paragraphs 1 and 2 also sewage gas or gas (syngas) generated by thermal processes, lack of oxygen may used in installations up to a share of 10 per cent of the energy content, if the gas (syngas) from sewage sludge in the sewage sludge regulation has been created.
§ 5 environmental requirements for the prevention and control of pollution, protection and prevention against harmful environmental influences and to the security of natural resources and to ensure the environmentally sound treatment of waste are governed by public law to comply with rules applicable to the respective techniques and the use of the relevant material.
Article 6 entry into force this Regulation shall enter on the day after the proclamation is power.
Concluding formula the Federal Council has approved.
Attachment 1 to 3 (dropped out)
Search Translated Laws of Germany