Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/binschuo2008anh_xi/BJNR245071008.html
Manning (annex XI to the regulation on inspection of inland waterway vessels) BinSchUO2008Anh XI Ausfertigung date: 06.12.2008 full quotation: "Manning (annex XI to the regulation on inspection of inland waterway vessels) from December 6, 2008 (BGBl. I S. 2450), by article 1, paragraph 13 of the Decree of May 30, 2014 (BGBl. I S. 610) is has been modified" stand: amended by art. 12 No. 11 V v. 16.12.2011 II 1300 Note: amendment article 1 No. 22 V v. 20.12.2012 I 2802 (No. 62) still not considered change through article 1 No. 13 V v. 30.5.2014 I 610 (No. 23) haven't yet applied for more information to the stand number in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from: 1.1.2009 +++) (+++ text of inland waterway vessel inspection regulations see: BinSchUO 2008 +++) table of contents chapter 1 General article 1.01 General information chapter 2 equipment of vessels with regard to the crew for the trip on the Rhine 2.01 equipment of vessels in terms of on the crew of 2.02 (dropped out) 2.03 (dropped out) 2.04 (dropped out) 2.05 (dropped out) 2.06 (dropped out) 2.07 (dropped out) 2.08 (dropped out) 2.09 (dropped out) 2.10 (dropped out) 2.11 (dropped out) 2.12 (dropped out) 2.13 () lapsed) 2.14 (dropped out) 2.15 (dropped out) 2.16 (dropped out) Chapter 3 manning of inland waterways of zones of 1 to 4 3.01 3.02 definitions, General 3.03 operating forms 3.04 service and rest periods 3.05 crew of vehicles without engine 3.06 crew of self-propelled barge and motor tanker 3.07 crew of towing boats 3.08 crew of passenger vessels 3.09 other water vehicles 3.10 deviations 3.11 exemptions 3.12 additional provisions systems Appendix 1 requirements on the tachograph and rules concerning the installation of tachographs on board Chapter 1 General article 1.01 General crew , which must be during the journey on board, shall be determined according to Chapter 3 or the ship personnel Ordinance-Rhine and held by the Central ship inquiry/ship gauging Office in a driving ability certificate or in the certificate of the crew referred to in annex V. The entries in several of these documents are allowed. You must apply for each busy waterways and be carried on board.
Chapter 2 equipment of vessels with regard to the crew for the trip on the Rhine § 2.01 equipment of vessels in terms of on the crew 1 without prejudice to the other provisions of this regulation and in application of article 3.14 motor vessels, pushers, pushed trains must the ship personnel Ordinance-Rhine and passenger ships, which are operated with the minimum crew should meet one of the following equipment standards: 1.1 standard S1 a) the powered equipment must be set up , that can be the change of speed and reversing the direction of the propeller thrust from the steering station. The auxiliary machinery necessary for driving must be from the steering station and switched off, unless this is done automatically or these machines run continuously during each voyage.
b) in the risk areas aa) the temperature of the cooling water of the main engines, bb) of pressure of the lubricant of main engines and gearboxes, cc) dd of the oil and air pressure of the reversing system of the main engines, the reversing gear or the propellers,) the filling level of the bilges of the main engine room monitoring devices must be ensured, that trigger acoustic and optical alarm signals in the wheelhouse when malfunctions. The acoustic alarm signals can be grouped together in a sound device. You may go out as soon as the fault is recognized. The optical alarm signals may only expire if the malfunctions associated with them are eliminated.
(c) the fuel supply and the cooling of the main engines must be made automatically.
(d) the control device must have been handled even at the maximum permissible draught by one person without any special effort.
(e) the view required under the Rhine waterway police regulation of 1 December 1993 at the drive and sound sign can be monitored from the steering station.
(f) there is no direct communication from the wheelhouse to the forecastle, aft, the apartments and the engine rooms, voice communication shall be provided. To the engine rooms, voice communication can be replaced by a Visual and acoustic signalling.
g) (without content) h) (without content) i) boost and similar revolving parts of lifting equipment may require no effort by more than 160 N to their activity.
(k) the towing winches entered in the ship's certificate must be motorized.
(l) the bilge and deck washing pumps must be motorized.
(m) the main control devices and monitoring instruments must be arranged ergonomically.
(n) from the wheelhouse can be remotely which must referred to in annex II section 6.01 no. 1 required equipment.
1.2 Standard S2 a) for single motor vessels: standard S1 and additionally equipment with one from the steering station operable bug blasting.
(b) for motor ship that move-coupled vehicles: standard S1 and additionally equipment with one from the steering station operable bug blasting.
(c) for motor ship, which move a flotilla, consisting of the motor vessel itself and a vehicle before,: standard S1 and additionally a gear with hydraulically or electrically driven coupling winches. This equipment is not required, however, if the vehicle at the top of the thrust association with a bug-blasting machine is fitted which can be operated from the steering position of the pushing motor vessel off;
(d) for pushers who move a flotilla: standard S1 and additionally a gear with hydraulically or electrically driven coupling winches. This equipment is not required, however, if a vehicle at the top of the thrust association with a bug-blasting machine is equipped, which can be operated from the steering position of the pushing vessel off;
(e) for passenger ship: standard S1 and additionally equipment with one from the steering station operable bug blasting. This equipment is not required, however, if the operator and the control device of the passenger vessel guarantee equal manoeuvrability.
2. the compliance or non-compliance with the rules referred to in point 1.1 or 1.2, will be noted by the Commission of inquiry into the ship's certificate under number 47.
Chapter 3 manning of inland waterways of zones 1 to 4 § 3.01 General 1.
The crew that must remain while driving - with the exception of the journey on the Rhine – on board, determined according to the § 3.02-3.12 and will ship Inquiry Commission by the Central / ship gauging Office in a driving ability certificate or in the certificate of the crew entered pursuant to annex V. The boat operator, owner or supplier can choose the crew in place of occupation under this chapter after the ship personnel Ordinance-Rhine. In this case all regulations must be kept the ship personnel Ordinance-Rhine with the following exceptions: a) as far as driving times on the Rhine are prescribed, meet the timetables in the inland waterway transport.
b) If a crew member must have a Rhine Patent, a corresponding driving licence of the class A is sufficient to C or an equal boatmasters according to § 5 of the Inland patent regulation of 15 December 1997 (Federal Law Gazette I p. 3066).
2. for ships used for the transport of not more than 12 passengers, as well as ferries the ship personnel Ordinance-Rhine applies for the trip on the Rhine section 3.19.
3 according to the § 3.02-3.12 the sections 3.03 to 3.07 with the exception of § 3.06 apply the crew number 1 sentence 2 the ship personnel Ordinance-Rhine. By way of derogation from § 3.05 number 1 the ship personnel Ordinance-Rhine a) should owners continue to use one this before January 1, 1998 granted and up to corresponding to this date of applicable pattern Schiffer service book, b) Schiffer service books that match the resolution number 56 of the Economic Commission of for Europe (UNECE), the United Nations, are recognized for owners from other States on foreign vehicles, if the home State has implemented the resolution of the UNECE , c) can the Federal Ministry of transport, building and urban development Schiffer service books for owners from other States on foreign vehicles recognize if they certify an equivalent qualification for each function; This applies only if reciprocity is guaranteed; the Federal Ministry for transport, building and urban development announces this in the transport journal.
4. the crew members must be able to perform their duties on Board under conditions that exclude a fatigue.
5. each crew member can be divided if the circumstances so require, during the operation of the vessel to work outside its usual task.
6 care constantly is who on board living children under ten years of age, cannot be a member of the crew.
7. pregnant women and nursing mothers may be not a member of the crew for a period of at least 14 weeks. It must at least six weeks before and eight weeks after childbirth.
§ 3.02 Begriffsbetimmungen 1.
This chapter is a) helmsman
a member of the deck crew of at least two years as a sailor or marine engine maintenance in inland navigation is driven;
(b) marine engine we're a member of the deck crew with a background in the motor and a journey time of at least one year as a sailor and at least one year on vessels with engine in the inland or in the maritime sector;
c) sailor of a member of the deck crew, which has either passed the final apprenticeship examination for operators or at least three years in the deck crew of a sea or inland waterway is driven after completed 14 years of age, at least six months on inland waterways; Journey times will not be counted twice after completed 20 years of age on the three-year journey, but on the six-month journey on inland waterways;
(d) ship when he a member of the deck crew, who is at least 15 years old, no longer subject to compulsory full-time schooling and has been shown in a proper ratio of vocational training;
(e) a member of the machine staff, who is at least 18 years old and the knowledge required to operate the machinery has Machinist;
f) heater a member of the staff of the machine, at least 18 years of age is;
(g) rafters a raft trip-trained person who is at least 18 years old;
h) Fährgehilfe; is a member of Fährbesatzung who is at least 17 years old and completed 14 years of age at least two years either in the ferry service is been engaged or the deck crew of a lake or comply
i) Fährjunge a member of the Fährbesatzung, which is at least 15 years old.
2. the skipper has the proof that a part of the crew cabin boy in a proper ratio of vocational training is to carry on board and the competent members of the waterways and shipping Directorate, handed over the water and shipping Office or the police at the request of the audit. A ship boy without travel time requirement, which is prescribed as a crew member, can be replaced by a member of the deck crew, who is at least 17 years old.
§ 3.03 operating forms 1.
The ship Investigation Commission set the crew according to the form.
The types of operation are 2.: A: day ride) by no more than 16 hours)) B: condensed semi permanent drive) 18 hours maximum) within) a period C: Halbständige ride) 24 hours.
by a maximum of 20 hours)) D: drives constant) of a maximum of 24 hours.
) The crew changes during the trip, so the number of hours is during the respective crew on board is, if not the crew on another water vehicle continues. In changing occupation, the owner or supplier has to lead evidence of the working time of each Member of the crew through special entry outside of the travel book, which is to be kept at least six months following the last entry.
§ 3.04 service and rest periods 1.
No member of the prescribed crew service must do more than 16 consecutive hours while driving.
2. subject to the special provisions of the number 4, at least eight hours of uninterrupted rest period must be each 24 hours, which begin to run at the end of each rest period. A member did a job on the loading or unloading of the prescribed crew so his service time will be reduced while driving within the same 24 hour period around the time in which it has worked here. Also the period in which a member of the prescribed crew to the recording of drive or the loading or delete activity must be considered to be working. In exceptional cases, arising from loading or unloading activities, it is sufficient to comply with the provisions of sentence 1, starts to run if, within a period of 48 hours, with the end of an uninterrupted rest period of eight hours, 16 hours of rest are located, of which 8 hours must be continuous. Derogations employment type, in particular collective restrictions on a twelve - or vierzehnstündige drive, remain unaffected.
3. on each vessel, except on a watercraft of the public service, a barges without crew, a sports car and a floating device, the skipper has to carry a logbook. It must be entered daily in the logbook: a) operating shape, b) the occupation and c) for each crew member the service time during the trip.
It must be entered immediately in the logbook: a) place and time of the beginning of daily and the daily completion of the ride, b) for each crew member in point 2 sentence 2 and 3 working hours referred to, c) changes while driving.
Every logbook, whose Seiten are numbered, must be equipped with a continuous number. The logbook is still six months following the last entry on board to be kept.
4. when the operating forms B, C and D (§ 3.03 no. 2) apply the requirements of paragraph 2 sentence 1 met, when is each prescribed occupation from the beginning of the ride aboard the §§ 3.05 up 3.10 for these types of operation. In these cases the proof of service time is not required by the other crew members while driving after number 3 only for the skipper. Working hours are set 2 and 3 referred to in point 2 to always enter for each crew member.
5. in the form A, the rest period should be set 1 20-6: 00 referred to under 2. In the form B, the rest period should include the period between 22 and 5: 00. In the form C, the rest period should include the period between 23 and 3: 00.
§ 3.05 crew of vehicles without engine 1.
If on a vessel without own engine, other than a ferry, a) the control unit with maximum permissible draught by one person without any special effort can be handled, b) with over 40 m length an intercom between helm and bow is available, c) with more than 350 t capacity the bilge and deck washing pumps motorized are, d) with more than 350 t capacity the bow windlass, on vehicles with more than 750 tons capacity the rear anchor windlass motorized is , e) with over 1 000 t capacity the Scheer sticks are swivelling or sliding or so the crew is equivalent facilities as such as sliding - Luke roofs, are available: operating form (§ 3.03 no. 2) capacity level occupying A B C D 1 of 15 to 250 ton ship Guide 1 2 2 2 sailors - 1 ship 1, boys 1 1-2 about 250 to 500 ton ship Guide 1 2 2 2 sailors - 1 ship 1, boys 1 1-3, about 500 to 700 tonne ship Guide 1 2
2 2 sailors 1 1 1 1 ship's boy - 4 about 750 to 1400 ton ship Guide 1 2 2 2 sailors 1 1 2 2 boat boys 1 1 - 1 5, about 1400 t ship Guide 1 2 2 2 sailors 2 2 2 3 ship's boy - 1-2.
1 where the conditions are not met, the one or more in number the crew for the levels 1 to 4 to a ship's boys, for the level 5 to a sailor is increased in all modes of operation.
3rd in stage 2, the ship's boys must have a travel time of at least 2 years and be at least 17 years old.
4. in the levels 1 to 3, the sailors must be at least 18 years old, unless they have passed the final apprenticeship examination for operators.
5. on the Elbe River below the upper limit of the port of Hamburg (Elbe-$ 607.50 km) with its tributaries on the river Trave, the river Eider and the Kiel fjord to Laboe need barges and lighters, except Tankleichter, 330 t capacity in the form to be filled only with the skipper.
6 on distances up to 20 km are up to 150 t in the form following A shuttle services for freight barges with a capacity facilities, that is not entered in the certificate: a) it meets the occupation with the skipper.
(b) for two longitudinally coupled attachments behind the tractor satisfies the occupation with a common skipper;
(c)-alongside the tractor attachments require no crew.
On request, it is permitted that freight barges with a capacity up to 500 t, run between the railway bridge in Bremen and the ports of Mittelsbürener and pursuant to sentence 1 not already covered by the regulation, in the form are occupied only with a skipper.
7. the Central Office ship inquiry/ship gauging Office may allow on application that freight barges staffed with a load capacity up to 330 tons on routes up to 20 km in the form A commuting only with the skipper. This approval is to carry on board.
§ 3.06 crew of motor carrier and tankers 1.
If on an ordinary powered vessel or a powered tanker a) the control unit with maximum permissible draught by one person without any special effort can be handled, b) Visual and audible warning can be given during the journey from the steering station, c) with over 40 m length an intercom between helm and bow is present, d) the powered equipment from the control station can be operated, e) to monitor the propulsion units in the danger areas aa)
(the temperature of the cooling water and the pressure of lubricating oil by main engines and transmissions as well as bb) the oil and air pressure of the reversing system of the drive or the bolt in the steering station alarms are triggered, f) the equipment referred to in point 5 either by sound or by sight sign give alarm and are designed so that they are effective during operation of the power plant and in all circumstances draw attention of the skipper to , g) the equipment so furnished, that regularly accumulated maintenance work while driving can be interrupted at any time, h) with more than 350 t capacity the bilge and deck washing pumps are motorized i) with more than 350 t capacity the bow anchor capstan, a ship with a length exceeding 86 m, the rear anchor winch is motorized, j) of stages 3 and 4 motorized towing harness winches and to handle by a person , k) level 4 tilt the Scheer sticks or so the crew is movable or equivalent institutions, as such as sliding - Luke roofs, are available: operating form (§ 3.03 no. 2) capacity level occupying A B C D 1 of 15 to 500 ton ship Guide 1 2 2 2 sailors - 1 ship 1, boys 1 1-2 about 500 to 750 ton ship Guide 1 2 2 2 sailors 1 1 2 3 ship boys - 3 over 750 to 1000 t ship Guide 1 2 2 2 sailors 1 1
2 ship 3, boys 1 1-4 over 1000 to 1350 tonne ship Guide 1 2 2 2 skippers - sailor 1 1 2 3 ship boys 1 1 1 - 5 over 1350 t ship Guide 1 2 2 2 helmsman 1 1 1 1 sailor 1 1 2 2 boat boys - 1 2.
A ship at level 1 with more than 300 t capacity and on vehicles of at level 4, the ship's boys must have a travel time of at least 2 years and be at least 17 years old.
3. on a vessel with an engine capacity of more than 589 kW (800 HP), a sailor by a marine engine maintenance is to replace.
4 on a ship with a power up to 589 kW (800 HP) must a crew member with the operation and control of the motors be familiar and another crew member as far as use the engine, that it is able to let it and turn off.
5. 1 conditions are one or more in number does not meet the crew for the levels 1 to 3 to a ship's boys, for grades 4 and 5 to a sailor is increased in all modes of operation.
6. If the motor is used only to carry out of smaller manoeuvres in ports and loading or unloading locations, or to increasing the control of the tow vehicle, the ship-manning is regarded as ship without propulsion. The restriction of the use is to be entered in the certificate.
7 tows a motor carrier or a powered tanker more than a vehicle, so he-himself increased the crew in all levels and modes of operation a) 2 or 3 vehicles towed to a ship's boy, b) 4 or more vehicles towed to a sailor.
An ordinary powered vessel or a powered tanker in the downturn drags more than two empty vehicles without their own motive power, but that coupled with each other alongside are, so the crew does not increase. Dragging an ordinary powered vessel or a powered tanker as credits on a single tow rope, so his crew does not increase.
8 for the trip on the Elbe and its tributaries the Zentralstelle Schiffsuntersu-chungskommission/ship gauging Office on request allow, that up to 120 tons of cabin boy accounted for a ship with a deadweight tonnage, when in the form A a) the captain is mentally and physically suitable to bear more responsibility and b) the ship aa) runs only during the day, bb) no explosion or flammable goods transported and cc) traffic from the port of Hamburg down to the line of Freiburg interference mouth.
Section 3.07 crew of towing boats 1.
If on a white boat, except a manoeuver tow boat, a) the propulsion systems from the control station can be operated, b) for monitoring the drive system in the areas of risk aa) the temperature of the cooling water and the pressure of lubricating oil by main engines and transmissions as well as bb) the oil and air pressure of the reversing system of the drive or the bolt in the steering station alarms are triggered, c) the devices referred to in point 2 either by sound or by sight sign give alarm and are designed , that they are effective during operation of the drive systems and in all circumstances draw attention of the skipper to, d) winches for handling tow lines and anchor with more than 300 kg of normal weight are motorized, e) tow harness winches from a person can be served, as is the crew: operating form (§ 3.03 no. 2) engine power level A B crew C D 1 to 147.2 kW (200 PS) boat operator 1 2 2 2 sailors 1 1 - 1 ship's boys - Machinists sailors engine guard
1 1 2 to 147.2 of kW (200 HP) to 294,4 kW (400 HP) skipper 1 2 2 2 sailor - ship 1, boys - 1 - Machinists - marine engine maintenance 1 1 1 1 3 to 294,4 kW (400 HP) and 441.6 kW (600 HP) skipper 1 2 2 2 sailors 1 1 2 2 boat boys - 1 1 Machinist - 1 1 marine engine maintenance 1 441.6 kW (600 HP) skipper 1 1-4 2 2 2 sailors 2 2 2 2 ship's boys - Machinist 1 1 1 1
Marine engine maintenance 1 1 are not met one or more of the requirements referred to in sentence 1, so the crew to a marine engine maintenance increases.
2. If on a manoeuver a tug) the drive unit from the control station can be operated, b) for the monitoring of the drive system alarm devices for all risk areas can be operated from the steering position, the machine control console and from the deck, c) all devices can give alarm number 2 through sound and Visual character and are designed so that they are effective during operation of the power plant and in all circumstances draw the attention of the helmsman to , d) the winches for handling tow lines and anchor with more than 300 kg of normal weight are motorized and e) the tow line winch can be operated from the wheelhouse or from the deck of a person, so is the crew 1 captain, 1 sailor and 1 marine engine maintenance.
One or more conditions of sentence 1 are not met, so increases the crew to a sailor; instead of sailors motor present a machinist on board must be in this case.
Section 3.08 crew of passenger vessels 1.
If on a passenger ship of a) the control unit with maximum permissible draught by one person without any special effort can be handled, b) Visual and audible warning can be given during the journey from the steering station, c) the levels 3 to 7 of below an intercom between helm and bow, and a loudspeaker system with which the captain can give instructions to the passengers, there are , d) the powered equipment from the control station can be operated, e) to monitor the propulsion units in the danger areas aa) the temperature of the cooling water and the pressure of lubricating oil by main engines and transmissions as well as bb) the oil and air pressure of the reversing system of the drive or the bolt in the steering station alarms are triggered, f) the equipment referred to in point 5 either give alarm sound or markers and are designed , that they are effective during operation of the drive systems and in all circumstances draw attention of the skipper to, g) the mechanical systems are set up, that the regular maintenance works can be interrupted at any time while driving, h) the bilge and deck washing pumps are motorized, i) the bow anchor windlass of the vehicles listed in the table below in the grades 4 to 7 is motorized , j) capstans are available, so the crew is: operating form (§ 3.03 no. 2) maximum permitted number of passengers occupying level A B C D 1 to 75 people skipper 1 2 2 2 sailors 1 1 1 2 ship's boy - 1 - Machinists - sailors engine guard 2 from 76 to 300 people skipper 1 2 2 2 sailor - ship 1, boys - 1 - Machinists - marine engine maintenance 1 1 1 1 3 of 301 to 400 people skipper 1 2 2 2 sailors - 1 ship 2, boys 1 1 - Machinists - 1
Marine engine maintenance 1 1 1-4 by 401 to 700 people ship Guide 1 2 2 2 helmsman 1 1 1 1 sailor 1 1 1 1 ship's boys - Machinists 1 sailors engine maintenance 1-5 from 701 to 1100 persons skipper 1 2 2 2 helmsman 1 1 1 1 sailor 1 1 1 ship 1, boys 1 1 - Machinists 1 marine engine maintenance 1 1 6 from 1191 until 1600 persons skipper 1 2 2 2 helmsman 1 1 1 1 sailor 2 2 2 2
Cabin boy - Machinists 1 marine engine maintenance 1 1 7 over 1,600 people ship Guide 1 2 2 2 helmsman 1 1 1 1 sailors 3 3 3 3 ship's boys - Machinists 1 marine engine maintenance 1 2 2.
A marine engine maintenance can be replaced by a machinist, unless at least one sailor among the crew.
3. when a maximum passenger numbers of more than 500 people the boatmasters necessary for the respective route must have in the form A on the Elbe River below the upper limit of the port of Hamburg and on the Weser River below the railway bridge in Bremen but the skipper the helmsman or a sailor.
1 where the conditions are not met, the one or more in number the crew in the levels 1 to 3 to a ship's boy, in steps 4 through 7 to a sailor is increased in all modes of operation. The Central ship under investigation Commission/ship gauging Office be locked by way of derogation the qualification of the additional crew member sentence 1, if this is necessary for technical or security reasons.
5. on the Lahn is a permissible number of passengers up to 250 persons reduces the crew to a sailor, if a) are no more than 20 passengers on board, b) the water level at the level lime kiln does not exceed 200 cm and c) a lock; pass through not Passengers not on board, are also locks must be passed through.
The Central Office of ship inquiry/ship gauging Office noted that for the sen case permissible reduction of crew in the ship's certificate.
§ 3.09 other vessels for vessels not covered by the sections 3.05 to 3.08 (such as ferries, floating devices), the ship investigating Committee or the Central Office ship inquiry/ship gauging Office sets type and extent of occupation respectively according to the size, design and equipment of the vehicle set.
§ 3.10 deviations 1.
When a ship without propulsion, a motor carrier or a motor tanker, which are not equipped with mechanical tools to handle the heavy anchor and the tow lines, as well as to the pick up and drop off and whose carrying capacity exceeds 750 t, the crew is A to a ship's boy, in the operation forms B, C and D to reinforce a sailor if it consists except the captain only of sailors, in the form; a cabin boy in the A form is already one of the crew, he is to replace by a sailor.
2. in all ships the ship investigating Committee or the Central Office ship inquiry/ship gauging Office may impose a higher manning levels, where according to size, construction, equipment and intended use of the vessel is, that the crew is sufficient according to the § 3.05 to 3.08 not under all circumstances to its safe operation.
3. when a tow boat, destined to the certificate or certificate only to ride in ports, roadsteads or short distances, can the ship investigating Committee or the Central Office ship Investigation Commission / ship gauging Office set a different crew, if the circumstances so require or allow. Sentence 1 does not apply to tow boats, which are approved and used to manoeuver or the assist by seagoing vessels on the inland waterways of zones 1, 2, or 3.
§ 3.11 exemptions 1 the ship investigating Committee or the Central Office Schiffsuntersuchungskom-mission/ship gauging Office can for the operation form A which reduce crew of a vessel upon request by written exception approval for a trip to the place of destination to a person who may be not the skipper, if it is not possible for the skipper despite credible made efforts to complete, KK tion, and if there is still a sailor on the vehicle apart from the skipper.
2. on a ship, which occupying is larger than a skipper and a sailor, the crew for a ship's boy may be reduced if he attended a Schiffer vocational school and this is confirmed by a certificate on board. This reduction is granted for a continuous period not exceeding three months in the calendar year.
§ 3.12 additional provisions 1 is the number of tax people, sailors and sailors engine waiting in the occupation of two or a sailor more persons, can be replaced by two ship's boys. This does not apply for the trip in the operating forms B, C and D. No more than two ship's boys can belong to the crew. Two ship's boys can be replaced by a sailor, if a sailor or a marine engine maintenance is part of the crew.
2. more than six members joined the crew of a vessel regardless of the form, no crew member may be charged with the General kitchen work.
3. a vessel on which due to unforeseen circumstances (E.g. illness, accident, official orders), no more than a member of the crew fails while driving, can continue its journey to the next loading or unloading place - a passenger boat to the terminus of day - if there is yet another Member of the crew on the vessel as well as a holder of the Schiffer patent for the relevant range.
Appendix 1 - applies only to vehicles with certificate - requirements for the tachograph and rules concerning the installation of tachographs on board A. requirements for the tachograph 1 determining of the switching time of the vessel after the yes/no criterion is to take off the screw rotation at a convenient place for determining the drive. Other than propeller drives movement is equivalent in an appropriate place to take off. When two or more Axxles, it must be ensured that is registered even when only a shaft rotates.
2. identification of the vessel the European ship number or the official ship number must be marked indelibly on the disk and shown in this.
3. registration on the disk the operating form of the vessel, date and time of the operation and the interruption of the tachograph, deposit and extraction of the disk and other manipulations on the unit must be registered counterfeit-proof on the disk and shown in this. Time, deposit and extraction of the disk or open and close the device the interruption of its energy supply must be registered automatically by the tachograph.
4. duration of the registration a day the screw rotation between 0.00 and 24:00 hours of each day, the date, as well as the respective beginning and the respective end of the rotation must be registered continuously.
5. reading the registry the registry must be clear, easy to read and well understood. The reading of the registry must be at any time without special tools.
6 recording the registration the registrations can be exposed at any time easily with an form as a record.
7. security of the registry the screw rotation must be registered counterfeit-proof.
8 accuracy of registration the screw rotation must be registered precisely. Read the registration must be possible with an accuracy of 5 minutes.
9 operating voltages must not affect changes in operating voltage 10% of the nominal value on the proper function of the device. The facility can tolerate also for at least 5 minutes a boost of the supply voltage to 25% above the nominal value without compromising their operating ability.
10 operating conditions the device or parts of the appliance must under the below conditions work correctly:-ambient temperature: 0 ° C to + 40 ° C - humidity: up to 85% relative humidity - electrical protection class: IP 54 in accordance with IEC recommendation 529 - oil resistance: as far as they are intended for installation in the engine room, they must oil resistant be - permissible error limits of the time recording: ± 2 minutes per 24 hours B. installation of tachographs on board for the installation of tachographs on board are to comply with the following conditions : 1 which allowed installation of tachographs by a specialised company are made, which is recognized by the competent authority.
2. the recording equipment must be installed in the wheelhouse or in another easily accessible location.
3. it must be visually recognizable whether the device is operating. The device has a fail-safe circuit with its own protection constantly with electric energy be supplied via and be connected directly to the supply.
4. the statement of the ship movement, that is to say whether that's ship "ride" or that "has provided a ride", is derived from the movement of the drive system. The corresponding signal must be inferred from the turn of the screw, the propeller shaft or drive unit. There is an equivalent solution to create different drives.
5. the technical facilities to capture the ship movement are extremely reliable to install and secure against unauthorised interference. To do this, is to secure the transmission line (including the siren and device input) for the signals from the drive system to the device through appropriate measures and to monitor the line break. Such as seals or seal, equipped with special characters, as well as visible wiring, monitoring circuits are suitable.
6. the recognised specialist company, has carried out the installation, or monitored, performs a functional test after completion of the installation. You issues a certificate about the special characteristics of the installation (in particular location and type of seals or seal, as well as their character and the monitoring facilities) and the proper function, which must contain details of the approved device. A reconsideration is necessary after each renewal, modification, or repair, which is noted in the certificate.
The certificate shall contain at least the following information: - name, address, and sign of the approved company, which carried out the installation or monitored;
-Name, address and telephone number of the competent authority, which acknowledged to the company;
-Uniform European vessel number or official ship number;
-Type and serial number of the tachograph;
-Date of the function test.
The validity of the certificate is 5 years.
The certificate is the proof that is a qualified product, which was installed by a recognised specialist company and checked his proper function.
7. the navigation is to instruct by the recognised specialist company in the operation of the device and an operating manual must be handed to remain on board. This is to be noted in the certificate of the installation.
Search Translated Laws of Germany