Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bfrg/BJNR308210002.html
Law on the establishment of a Federal Institute for risk assessment (BfR law - former) former Ausfertigung date: 06.08.2002 full quotation: "BfR Act of 6 August 2002 (BGBl. I p. 3082), most recently by article 44 paragraph 1 of the law of 22 may 2013 (BGBl. I S. 1324) is changed" stand: last amended by article 44, paragraph 1 G v. 22.5.2013 I 1324 more to the stand number you see in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from) : 1.11.2002 +++) the G as article 1 of the G v. 6.8.2002 I 3082 by the Bundestag adopted. It enters pursuant Article 14 of this G on the appointment into force § 1 legal form, name the Division of the Federal Ministry for consumer protection, food and Agriculture (Ministry) built a "Federal Institute for risk assessment' (Federal Institute) as federal legal institution of under public law.
Section 2 activities (1) the Federal Institute operates, without prejudice to existing powers of other bodies of the Federal Government for matters relating to health of the people, in particular in the following areas: 1 creation of scientific papers, reports and opinions on issues that directly or indirectly with the food safety and consumer protection with regard to the health of the people including issues of nutrition and dietary prevention and, as far as feed, feed additives , the traffic with and the use of medicinal products which are intended for use in animals, and animals applied pharmacologically active substances, except animal vaccines, are affected, in terms of 2. scientific advice of the Ministry and other top federal agency, the Federal Office of consumer protection and food safety in all aspects at animal health related, as far as the Federal Institute carries out activities in their field of business, , belong to the activities of the Federal Institute, 3. cooperation with the European Community, and in particular the European authority for food safety, services as well as with other scientific institutions at national and international level and coordinate of the exchange of scientific information in the field of food safety and consumer protection, 4. scientific research, as far as this in a close relation to his activities, 5. evaluation of the health dangers of chemicals , Documentation and information on poisoning events, 6 acquisition and review alternative and supplementary methods to animal testing, 7 risk assessment for genetically modified animals, plants and micro-organisms by genetically modified feedingstuffs and feed additives, 8 health any questions of transport dangerous goods, in particular toxic and caustic substances, 9 participation in the monitoring to the paragraphs 50 to 52 of the food and feed law book and nationwide surveys in the area of feed and feed additives , 10 exercising of the function of a community or national reference laboratories, as far as the Federal Health Office or the Federal Institute for health protection and veterinary medicine is named for this activity by Act of law or on the basis of acts of the European Community, and this activity is not perceived by another agent, 11 exercising of the function of a community or national reference laboratories, as far as this activity by Act of law or on the basis of the European Community acts the Federal Institute is named , 12 public information on its areas of activity risks of health type as well as other lessons learned and work results; the provisions of the product safety Act remain unaffected, 13 information and advice to the Federal Government in relation to the effects of plant protection products with regard to the health of humans and animals.
(2) in carrying out its work the Federal Institute to recruit scientific findings of research institutions Division of the Ministry, as well as other academic institutions. As far as the scientific institutions referred to in sentence 1 are those of countries, their findings within a trusting cooperation are to be included.
(3) in its scientific assessments and research, the federal institution subject to section 8, paragraph 1 is authority independent.
§ 3 task performance (1) does the Federal Institute within the framework of the activities assigned to it by section 2, paragraph 1 the administrative tasks of the Federal Government, by law or on the basis of a law assigned to the Federal Institute.
(2) the Federal Institute does, insofar as no other jurisdiction is determined by the law, Federal field of activity, with implementing the Federal Institute is commissioned by the Federal Ministry.
§ 4 organs (1) organs of the Federal Institute are the President or the President and the Executive Board.
(2) the Statute determined duties and powers of the institutions, insofar as they are not regulated by this law.
§ 5 President or President (1) the President or the President manages the affairs under their own responsibility in accordance with this Act and the articles of Association. He or she represents the Federal Institute and out of court.
(2) the President or the President has a permanent representative to (Vice President) or Permanent Representative (Vice President).
§ 6 Board of Directors (1) the Board consists of the President or the President, Vice President or Vice President and the heads of Department and the heads of Department of the Federal Institute.
(2) the Board has the task of the Board of the Federal Institute to support the President or the President; to's contribute to in particular 1 the treatment of scientific questions with particular importance, 2. the planning and allocation of research projects, 3. the establishment of commissions and the vote of their activities among themselves, 4. the annual of budget, 5. the principles of the Organization, personnel management and human resource management.
(3) the Board of Directors advises under the chairmanship of the President or of the President. The President or the President is obliged to convene the Executive Board regularly for advice.
(4) in the case of disagreement, the President or the President shall decide.
§ 7 articles of association the Board of Directors shall adopt with the majority of its members a statute for the Federal Institute. § 6 section 4 is not applicable. The Constitution requires the approval of the Ministry and is to be published in the Federal Gazette. Are in the Constitution, where appropriate, to include in particular provisions on 1 the rights and obligations of the organs of the Federal Institute, 2. the delegation of the drawing power to employees of the Federal Institute, 3. building of the Federal Institute, 4. the financial management and accounting.
§ 8 supervision (1) the Federal Institute is under the supervision of the Ministry, which is limited in the cases of § 2 para 1 No. 12 and 3 on the legal supervision. As far as the Federal Institute carries out tasks from a different part than the Ministry, it is the technical instructions of the factually competent Supreme Federal Authority.
(2) the federal institution is obliged to inform the Ministry about his activities.
(3) representative of the Federal Ministry are authorized to participate in the deliberations of the Executive Board; Hearing them at any time is to grant.
(4) in cases of paragraph 1 sentence 2 shall apply according to the provisions of paragraphs 2 and 3.
§ 9 budget (1) that has the Federal Institute that expected revenue and is expected to be paid expenses in a budget from. On his establishing and implementing, as well as the payments, the accounting and the accounting they are respectively applicable provisions to apply for the Federal.
(2) the budget is determined by the President or by the President. He needs his effectiveness of the approval of the Ministry. The Federal Institute receives federal grants to the balance of the approved budget in accordance with the respective budget law.
(3) the financial year is the calendar year. After the end of the financial year, a bill relating to revenue and expenditure is to set up. The Bill is to check from the Federal Ministry.
§ 10 civil servants and officials (1) the Federal Institute has Service Mr ability. His servants and officials are indirect federal officials.
(2) the officers and officials of the salary order B are appointed by the Federal President. In addition, the President or the President of the Federal Institute appoints the officers and officials.
(3) Supreme Administrative authority for the President and the Vice President, the President or the Vice President of the Federal Institute is the Federal Ministry. For the other civil servants and officials, the Supreme authority of the service is the President or the President of the Federal Institute.
§ 11 employees, workers, and workers on the employees and workers and of the Federal Institute are collective agreements applicable for workers and employees of the Federal Government and other provisions to apply.
Article 12 transfer of civil servants and officials and workers and workers
(1) making civil servants at the Federal Institute for health protection and veterinary medicine and law officials and officials of the Federal Institute officials are this subject to section 7, paragraph 1 and 2 of the BVL Act came into force. Section 136 (1) of the federal civil servants act shall apply accordingly.
(2) placing workers at the Federal Institute for health protection and veterinary medicine and workers are taken subject to article 7, par. 3 and 4 of the BVL law with the entry into force of this Act in the service of the Federal Institute.
§ Take place elections to the Staff Committee 13 transitional measures (1) after the establishment of the Federal Institute within six months after entry into force of this Act. Until the Constitution of the staff Council, the duties of the Staff Committee at the Federal Institute of the previous staff Council at the Federal Institute for health protection and veterinary medicine as a transition personnel Council of the Federal Institute are perceived.
(2) the transition staff Council immediately ordered the Board of Directors for the implementation of the staff Council elections at the Federal Institute.
(3) paragraphs 1 and 2 shall apply accordingly for the youth and trainee representative, as well as the heavy representation of disabled people.
(4) after the establishment of the Federal Institute, the election of the Ombudsman and her Deputy will take place six months after entry into force of this Act. Until the appointment of the Ombudsman and her Deputy at the Federal Institute, their tasks are perceived by the previous gender equality officer and her Deputy at the Federal Institute for health protection and veterinary medicine.
Search Translated Laws of Germany