Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bfjg/BJNR317110006.html
Law on the establishment of the Federal Office of Justice (BfJG) BfJG Ausfertigung date: 17.12.2006 full quotation: "BfJG of December 17, 2006 (Federal Law Gazette I S. 3171)" footnote (+++ text detection from: 1.1.2007 +++) the G as article 1 of the G v. 17 Dec 2006 I 3171 of the Bundestag adopted. It entered into force article 5 of this G on 1 January 2007 accordance with.
Section 1 established the Federal Office of Justice (Federal Office) as a federal authority establishment, purpose, and seat of the Federal Agency (1) the Federal Government. It is the Ministry of Justice. Purpose of the establishment of the Federal Office is the reorganization of the administration of federal justice through the creation of a central service authority.
(2) the Federal Office is headquartered in Bonn.
§ 2 tasks of the Federal Agency (1) that takes Federal tasks of the Federal Government in the areas of the register system, of international transactions, the persecution and punishment of offences and the General Administration of Justice right, be assigned to him by this Act or other federal laws, or on the basis of these laws.
(2) the Federal Office helps the 1st implementation of proclamations and notices, 2. implementation of automated standards documentation, 3. European and international judicial cooperation, in particular: a the Federal Ministry of Justice) in the field of legal assistance in civil matters, b) in the field of extradition, judicial assistance and other assistance in criminal matters, c) in the course of duties as national contact point in the area of international legal assistance in criminal matters , especially as one of the national contact points of the European judicial network, d) relating to the simplification of international transactions, 4. conducting legal research, the criminological research and in the field of crime prevention.
(3) the Federal Agency does further tasks of the Federal Government related to the areas referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2, and whose implementation it is commissioned by the Federal Ministry of Justice or with the consent of the technically competent federal authority.
§ 3 as far as the Federal Agency duties for technical supervision from a different part than the Federal Ministry of Justice, is under the supervision of the competent Supreme Federal Authority.
Section 4 transitional provisions (1) no later than six months after the establishment of the Federal Office elections for staff representatives take place. Until the election the tasks of the Works Council at the Federal Agency perceived transition together by the previous staff Council of the authority of federal Central Register of the vented in the Federal Court and by the staff Council of the Federal Ministry of Justice. That or the former Chairman of Council of staff in the Department of federal Central Register shall convene the members by sending the agenda for the first session and redirects them to the transition staff Council has ordered a Wahlleiterin or a returning officer for the election of the Executive Board from among its members. The transition staff Council immediately ordered the Election Committee for the implementation of the staff Council election in the Federal Office.
(2) paragraph 1 shall apply accordingly for the youth and trainee representative, as well as the heavy representation of disabled people.
(3) the Ombudsman is appointed at the latest six months after the establishment of the Federal Office under the provisions of the federal equal opportunities Act. The previous equality officer of the federal Central Register of the vented in the Federal Court Services performs the duties of Ombudsman until the new appointment.
(4) male and female civil servants, who receive a compensatory allowance according to § 13 par. 1 of the federal salaries act as amended by the notice of August 6, 2002 until December 31, 2007 due to an official justified using the Federal Office I no. 7 of the introductory remarks to the Federal salary order lose their claim to a set allowance Appendix A and B of the federal salaries Act, (BGBl. I p. 3020), most recently by article 2 of the Act of September 22, 2005 (BGBl. I p. 2809) has been changed.
Search Translated Laws of Germany