Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bfdg/BJNR068710011.html
Law on the Federal voluntary service (volunteers Service Act - BFDG) BFDG Ausfertigung date: 28.04.2011 full quotation: "Federal voluntary service act of April 28, 2011 (BGBl. I p. 687)" footnote (+++ text detection from: 3.5.2011 +++) the G as article 1 of the G v. peroxid I 687 by the Bundestag adopted. It is under article 18 paragraph 1 of this G on the 3.5.2011 entered into force. § 17 para 3. Article 18 para 2 of the 1.7.2011 enter into force.
§ 1 tasks of the Federal voluntary service In the Federal voluntary service involved women and men for the common good, in particular in the social, ecological and cultural spheres as well as in the field of sport, the integration and civil and civil protection. The Federal volunteer service promotes lifelong learning.
§ 2 volunteer volunteer within the meaning of this law are persons, the 1st have fulfilled full-time compulsory education, 2. a voluntary service with no intention of acquiring outside a vocational training and similar full-time work, or, if they have reached the age of 27, also comparable to afford a full - or part-time work more than 20 hours per week, 3 committed on the basis of an agreement according to § 8 to the power of a Federal volunteer service for a period of at least six months and a maximum of 24 months and 4 for the service only free accommodation, meals and working clothes as well as a reasonable allowance or money compensation equivalent instead of housing, food and clothing Pocket money is then measured, when's a) does not exceed 6 per cent of the force in the general pension insurance contribution assessment ceiling (section 159 of the sixth book of the social code), b) is equivalent to the pocket money of other people that do a youth willing service after the Youth Act willing to and exert a comparable activity in the same area, c) a service comparable to part-time is proportionately reduced and d) for volunteers who have not yet completed the 25th year of life and for the no entitlement to an allowance according to § 32 paragraph 6 of Income tax act or child support, is increased.
§ 3 areas of application, duration (1) the Federal voluntary service usually all day as a largely practical activities in public facilities provided, in particular in institutions of children and youth services, including facilities for extracurricular youth education and youth work, in facilities of welfare, health and care for the elderly, the handicapped, culture and historic preservation, of sports, of integration, of civil and civil protection and in institutions which are active in the area of environmental protection, including protection of nature and the education to the sustainability. The Federal voluntary service is to develop labour market-neutral.
(2) the Federal voluntary service is provided generally for a period of 12 continuous months. The service lasts at least six months and a maximum of 18 months. He can be extended exceptionally for a period of 24 months, if this is justified in a special educational approach. In the framework of pedagogic overall concept, also a community service in separate sections is possible if a section takes at least three months. The total duration of all sections, as well as multiple voluntary federal services provided must not exceed the permissible duration of up to 27 years of age pursuant to sentences 2 and 3, then five years must be between each bar off the duration of allowable pursuant to sentences 2 and 3; Strips off the total duration is after the youth willing to act to be a youth willing service.
§ 4 educational accompanied with the aim of social, ecological, cultural and intercultural competences to convey educational accompaniment (1) which is federal voluntary service and to strengthen the sense of responsibility for the common good.
(2) the volunteers will receive expert guidance from the locations.
(3) seminars take place during the Federal voluntary service, for which participation is compulsory. The seminar time counts as service time. The total duration of the seminars is a twelve-month participation in the Federal voluntary service at least 25 days; Volunteers who have reached the age of 27, attend the seminars in reasonable amounts. A service over a period of twelve months, is agreed upon or extended, increases the number of seminar days for every additional month to at least one day. A shorter service than twelve months decreased the number of seminar days for each month to two days. The volunteers involved in the content design and carrying out of seminars.
(4) the volunteers participate pursuant to paragraph 3 in a five-day seminar on the political education in the context of the seminars. In this seminar, addressing political issues must not be limited to presenting a one-sided opinion. The overall picture of teaching is to make, so that the service providers not be influenced in favour of or against a particular political Outlook.
(5) the seminars, in particular the seminar for political education, can be carried out jointly for volunteers and people who provide youth voluntary service or voluntary military service.
§ 5 other service abroad the existing awards and the possibility of new recognitions of carriers, intentions and plans of the other service abroad according to § 14 remain unaffected b paragraph 3 of the Civil Service Act.
§ 6 (1) locations providing volunteers the Federal volunteer service in a recognized place.
(2) a place can be recognised at their request by the competent federal authority, if they 1 tasks in particular in institutions of children and youth services, including facilities for extracurricular youth education and youth work, in facilities of welfare, health and care for the elderly, the handicapped, culture and historic preservation, of sports, of integration, of civil and civil protection and in institutions which are active in the area of environmental protection, including protection of nature and the education to the sustainability , perceives, 2 the guarantee provides that employment, management and support of the volunteers comply with the provisions of this Act and 3 personally and professionally accompanied the volunteers and employs qualified personnel for their management and care.
The recognition is granted for certain places. She can be linked to requirements.
(3) the employment agencies recognized on April 1, 2011, according to § 4 of the Civil Service Act and service positions of the civil service are considered referred to in paragraph 2 (4) recognition is recognized locations and places to take back or revoked if one of the conditions referred to in paragraph 2 has been not or no longer exists. She may be revoked for other important reasons, particularly if a pad or not been fulfilled within the period.
(5) the place may delegate the fulfilment of statutory or arising from the agreement the tasks with their permission a carrier or a Central Office. This should be noted in the proposal according to article 8, paragraph 1.
Central offices (1) carrier and applications can make section 7 central offices. The central authorities shall ensure that the vehicles belonging to them and locations properly participate in the implementation of the Federal voluntary service. The Federal Ministry for family, senior citizens, women and youth determined by legal Ordinance which shall not require the consent of the Federal Council, minimum requirements for the formation of a central body, in particular with regard to the number required for the formation of a central body, size, and geographic distribution of applications and carrier.
(2) for locations and vehicles belonging to any federal Central carrier, the competent federal authority establishes an own Central Office at their request.
(3) each area maps to one or more central authorities.
(4) the central authorities can grant requirements the locations connected to them, in particular for connecting on a carrier, as well as to the design and organisation of pedagogical monitoring of the volunteers.
(5) the competent authority informs the central authorities after entry into force of the annual budget law as possible to 31 January of each year how many places in the area of competence of the respective Central Office from August of the year can be filled. The centres carry out the regionally appropriate distribution of these places on the associated media and applications under their own responsibility. Pads can be used to connect the allocation of places.
§ 8 agreement (1) the Federal Government and the or the volunteers complete a written agreement before the start of the Federal voluntary service on the joint proposal of the or of the voluntary and the on-site. The agreement must contain: 1 first and family name, birthday and address of the or of voluntary, for minors the address of parents or guardians as well as the consent of the legal representative, 2. is entitled to an allowance according to § 32 paragraph 6 of the income tax act or child support indicating whether for the volunteers or the volunteers, 3. the designation area and, if it belongs to a carrier , the name of the carrier, 4.
Specifying the period for which or the volunteers committed to the Federal voluntary service as well as a system for the early termination of the contract, 5. the note that the provisions of this law must be observed during the implementation of the Federal voluntary service, 6 information on the nature and amount of the cash and in-kind contributions as well as 7 specifying number of vacation days and the days of the seminar.
(2) the area can hire a carrier or a Central Office with the fulfilment of statutory or arising from the agreement the tasks. This should be noted in the proposal referred to in paragraph 1.
(3) the use shall submit the proposal in consultation with the Central Office, which it is connected, the competent federal authority. The Central Office ensures that there is a comprehend Court according to § 7 paragraph 5 available. The competent federal authority shall inform the volunteers or volunteers as well as the on-site, if necessary, the carrier and the Central Office, on the conclusion of the agreement or communicated the reasons, which hinder the conclusion of an agreement.
§ 9 (1) for damage caused intentionally or through negligence has caused that or the volunteers, the liability the Federal Government, if the harmful act on his request has been carried out. In that regard, that or volunteer may require that the Federal Government releases him or her from claims for damages of the or of the damaged.
(2) for damage caused in the performance of their duties, volunteers just like workers and workers shall be liable.
Article 10 participation of volunteers volunteers choose speakers and speaker, representing their interests in relation to the usage authorities, carriers, financial intelligence units and the competent federal authority. The Federal Ministry for family, senior citizens, women and youth by legal Ordinance which shall not require the consent of the Federal Council regulates the details of the election procedure.
§ 11 certificate, certificate (1) which provides on-site the or the volunteers after the service a certificate of the rendered service from. A duplicate of the certificate is forwarded to the competent federal authority.
(2) at the end of the voluntary service, which or the volunteer receives a written testimony about the nature and duration of the voluntary service from the job site. The testimony is to extend services and leadership during the service period. Professional qualifying characteristics of the Federal volunteer service to record are in the testimony.
§ 12 data protection applications, central offices, and carriers may collect personal data according to § 8, paragraph 1, sentence 2, process and use, insofar as this is necessary for the implementation of this law. The data is to delete after settlement of the Federal voluntary service.
Article 13 application of labour law, labour protection and other provisions (1) for an activity within the framework of a federal voluntary service within the meaning of this law are the occupational safety and health provisions apply accordingly to the vocational and the Federal Holidays Act.
(2) where there is no explicit social security legislation, find the application corresponding to social security regulations that apply to the youth voluntary service to the Youth Act willing to on the Federal voluntary service. The rest are following regulations apply mutatis mutandis: 1 section 3 of the special leave regulation, 2. Article 45 paragraph 3 sentence 1 letter c of the Bundesversorgungsgesetzes, 3. § 1 paragraph 1 number 2 point (h) of the regulation on the compensation of public services in road passenger transport, 4 § 1 paragraph 1 number 2 point (h) of the regulation on the compensation of public services in rail transport.
§ 14 federal authority (1) this law, unless it states otherwise, bundeseigener management runs in. The implementation is transferred the Federal Office of the civil service as an independent federal authority, which is labeled "Federal Office for family and civic duties" (Federal Office) and subordinate to the Federal Ministry for family, senior citizens, women and youth.
(2) the Federal Office can transfer more tasks.
§ 15 Advisory Council for the Federal voluntary service (1) the Federal Ministry of family, senior citizens, women and youth is formed an Advisory Council for the Federal voluntary service. The Advisory Board advises the Federal Ministry for family, senior citizens, women and youth on issues of the Federal voluntary service.
(2) include the Advisory Board: 1 up to seven federal speakers or national spokesman of the volunteers, 2nd up to seven representatives or representatives of financial intelligence units, 3. each a representative or a representative of the Evangelical Church and the Catholic Church, 4. each a representative or a representative of the trade unions and the employers ' associations, 5. the countries and 6 four representatives or representatives of representative or a representative of the local authority umbrella organisations.
(3) the Federal Ministry for family, senior citizens, women and youth appoints the members of the Advisory Board for a term of four years. The authorities referred to in paragraph 2 should make proposals for this purpose. Members are no. 1 after paragraph 2 to be appointed for the duration of their service time. A personal representative is appointed for each Member.
(4) the meetings of the Advisory Board are convened by the or by the Federal Minister or the Federal Minister for family, senior citizens, women and youth for designated representative or representatives and.
§ 16 delegation of tasks the locations, central offices and carrier may be charged with their consent with the performance of duties. The costs thereby incurred will be reimbursed in reasonable amounts.
Article 17 costs (1) as far as the volunteers receive accommodation, food and clothing or appropriate monetary compensation, provide the locations these services at their expense for the Federal Government. You wear them from employing the voluntary management costs.
(2) for the Federal the locations, volunteers pay pocket money as far as pocket money is agreed upon. The notification, proof of contribution and payment obligations of social security law apply for the applications. The usage authorities bear the cost of pedagogical monitoring of the volunteers.
(3) the expense for Pocket money, the social security contributions and the educational assistance in the framework of the appropriations included in the budget will be refunded the locations; in agreement with the Federal Ministry of finance, the Federal Ministry for family, senior citizens, women and youth sets uniform limits for reimbursement. The grant for the effort for the pedagogical accompaniment is set according to the guidelines of the Federal for the voluntary social year in domestic.
Search Translated Laws of Germany