Act for the implementation of the decision of the German Bundestag of 20. June 1991 on the completion of the unity of Germany (Berlin/Bonn law)Unofficial table of contents
Date of issue: 26.04.1994
" Berlin/Bonn-Law of 26. April 1994 (BGBl. 918), as set out in Article 1 of the Regulation of 21 December 2008. September 1997 (BGBl. I p. 2390) "
|:||Modified by Art. 1 V v. 21.9.1997 I 2390|
(+ + + Text evidence: 7.5.1994 + + +) for more details on the stand specification. name="BJNR091800994BJNE000100308 " />Non-Official Table of Contents
- that Berlin is due to the unification treaty capital of the united Germany,
- that the German Bundestag has expressed its political will in many cases, that after the establishment of the German unity parliament and government again in the German capital Berlin, which in more than 40 years of German division a symbol of will to the German unity was to have its seat,
- that Bonn, in the performance of the tasks as a provisional federal capital, essential to the construction and identification of the of the democratic, federal-state principles of Germany,
has the German Bundestag
- on the basis of its decision of 20. June 1991 on the completion of the unity of Germany and its decision on the third interim report of the concept commission of the Elder Council of 10 June 1991. March 1994 and
- in the knowledge of the decisions of the Federal Government of 3. 1 June 1992 and 12. October 1993
, the following law was adopted: Non-official table of contents
§ 1 Purpose of the law
(1) The purpose of the law is to implement of the decision of the German Bundestag on the completion of the unity of Germany of 20. June 1991 Principles for the relocation of the constitutional bodies Bundestag and federal government to the federal capital Berlin to be determined as well as to secure the perception of government activities in the federal capital Berlin and in the federal city of Bonn and to provide compensation for the Bonn region.(2) This has to be done according to the following measures:
Non-official table of contents
- Securing a durable and fair division of labor between the federal capital Berlin and the federal city of Bonn.
- settlement of the core area of government functions in the federal capital Berlin.
- The preservation and promotion of political functions in the Federal City of Bonn in the following policy areas:
- Education and Science, Culture, Research and Technology, Telecommunications,
- Environment and Health,
- Food, Agriculture, and Forests,
- Development policy, national, international, and supranational institutions,
- Warranty the political responsibility of the federal government the German Bundestag and the Bundesrat, as well as the functioning capacity of the Federal Government and its authorities.
- Support of the Federal Capital of Berlin and the Federal Government Federal City of Bonn in the case of the special tasks assigned to them by the Federal Government for the performance of the general government representation.
- Appropriate Compensation for the Bonn region for the relocation of the constitutional bodies of the German Bundestag and the Federal Government to Berlin.
- Compensation of the drawbacks for the affected parties Employees as far as this is necessary and appropriate.
§ 2 German seat of the German Bundestag Bundestag
(1) The seat of the German Bundestag is the Federal Capital of Berlin.(2) This decision to place a seat will be carried out as soon as the German Bundestag has determined that the necessary conditions for its working capacity are established in the Federal Capital of Berlin. Non-official table of contents
§ 3 seat of the federal government
(1) The seat of the Federal Government's constitutional body is the Federal Capital of Berlin.(2) The Federal Government will implement the decision of the Sitting in a time-based vote with the implementation of the decision of the Sitting of the German Bundestag. Non-official table of contents
§ 4 Organization of the Federal Government
(1) Federal Ministries are located in the Federal Capital of Berlin and in the Federal City of Bonn. The Federal Chancellor determines the business areas of the Federal Ministers and in the context of the Federal Ministries, which, after the move of the Federal Government to Berlin, retain their headquarters in the Federal City of Bonn.(2) The federal ministries remaining in the Federal City of Bonn are also to receive a service seat in the Federal Capital of Berlin.(3) The Federal Ministries, which are based in the Federal Capital of Berlin, are also to retain a registered office in the Federal City of Bonn. The federal ministers responsible determine the parts of their Federal Ministry, which remain in the federal city of Bonn.(4) The decisions referred to in paragraphs 1 to 3 shall be designed in such a way that the majority of the jobs of the Federal Ministries in the Federal City of Bonn shall remain the majority.(5) The Federal Government has to ensure that political and technical cooperation with the German Bundestag and the Bundesrat is guaranteed. Non-official table of contents
§ 5 Federal Government measures for the Federal Capital of Berlin
(1) The Federal Government and the Land of Berlin are working together to ensure that the To ensure the functioning of the Federal Capital Berlin as the seat of the German Bundestag and the Federal Government. This cooperation shall include the Land of Brandenburg, as far as this is necessary in order to contribute to the functioning of the Federal Capital Berlin.(2) The Federal Government shall assist the Land of Berlin with the special tasks assigned to it by the Federal Government for the purpose of carrying out the general government representation.(3) The further development is reserved for contractual agreements between the Federal Government on the one hand and the Länder of Berlin and Brandenburg on the other. Non-official table of contents
§ 6 Federal measures for the region of Bonn
(1) The consequences of the loss of the seat of parliament and of the government seat for the region of Bonn will be supported by the acquisition and settlement of new functions and institutions of national and international importance in the political, scientific and cultural fields as well as through support for necessary Restructuring measures appropriately balanced.(2) In particular, the compensation shall be realized in the following areas:
- Bonn as Science location,
- Bonn as a cultural site,
- Bonn as a location for Development policy, national, international and supranational institutions,
- Development of Bonn to a region with a future-oriented Economic structure.
(3) The Federal Government should endeavour, together with the countries concerned, to ensure that policy areas are formed in the Bonn region through the establishment of supplementary institutions.(4) In addition, the Federal Government shall support the Federal City of Bonn with the special tasks assigned to it by the Federal Government for the performance of the general government representation.(5) The further development is reserved for contractual agreements between the Federal Government, on the one hand, and the countries concerned, and the regional authorities of the Bonn region on the other. Non-official table of contents
§ 7 relocation of federal institutions and seat requirements
(1) The laws that follow the federal authorities below
- Bundespruamt für das Kreditwesen,
- Bundessupervisory authority for the insurance industry,
- Federal Office of Food and Nutrition Forestry,
- Federal Institute for Agricultural Market Order,
- Bundesbilling Court,
- Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training,
- Central Postbank Central Office,
- Work placement center
will be modified as follows:
a)-k) ...(2) The Federal Government will relocate the headquarters of the Federal Railway Authority and the main administration of the Federal Railway assets in the Federal City of Bonn, as well as to relocate parts of the following federal institutions to Bonn:
- Bundesforschungsanstalt für Landeskunde und Raumordnung (Outdoors Berlin),
- Statistisches Bundesamt (Outdoors Berlin),
- Bundesanstalt für Geowissenschaften und Rohstoffe (Berlin branch office),
- Bundesamt für Strahlenschutz (Berlin branch office).
(3) The federal government should make every effort to ensure that the following institutions take their seat in the federal city of Bonn:
- Deutsche Stiftung für internationale Entwicklung,
- German Development Service,
- Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik,
- Max Planck Institute for Education Research,
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Ernährung,
- Pedagogical Work Centre of the German Adult Education Association.
(4) The decisions to be taken by the laws as amended by paragraph 1, as well as the seating arrangements and the relocations referred to in paragraph 2, shall be subject to the enforcement of the decision on the seat of the Federal Government pursuant to Section 3 (2).(5) The Federal Government shall endeavour to ensure that the seat requirements to be determined in accordance with paragraph 3 are also carried out in a time-based vote with the relocation of government functions to Berlin. Non-official table of contents
§ 8 Service-related measures
(1) For the employees of the law affected by this law, the Federal administration is subject to service or other regulations which take account of the functioning of the constitutional institutions and of the other federal institutions concerned and also compensate for relocation-related To the extent that this is necessary and appropriate, create burdens.(2) In so far as legal regulations are required for this purpose, these shall be carried out outside this law. Non-official table of contents
§ 9 Notices in the Federal Law Gazans
In the Federal Law Gazans (Bundesgesetzblatt), the following information is published:
Non-official table of contents
- The President of the German Bundestag in accordance with § 2 (2),
- the time in accordance with § 3 para. 2 by the Federal Chancellor,
- the date pursuant to § 7 (4) by the Federal Ministry of Spatial Planning, Construction and Urban Development.
§ 10 Entry into force
This law occurs on the day after of the proclamation in force.