Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/berlin_bonng/BJNR091800994.html
Law on the implementation of the decision of the German Bundestag of June 20, 1991 to complete the unit of in Germany (Berlin/Bonn law) Berlin/BonnG Ausfertigung date: 26.04.1994 full quotation: "Berlin/Bonn law of 26 April 1994 (BGBl. I p. 918), by article 1 of the Decree of 21 September 1997 (BGBl. I p. 2390) has been changed" stand: amended by art. 1 V v. 21.9.1997 I 2390 for details on the stand number found in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from) : 7.5.1994 +++) preamble on the assumption - that on the basis of the Unification Treaty is capital of the United Germany, that the German Bundestag often has expressed its political will that after the German unification Parliament and Government in the German capital Berlin, which was a symbol of the will to the German unit in over 40 years of German Division, should have their seat, - that Bonn in performance of duties as a provisional capital essential to the building and to the identification of the Democratic , has paid to federal principles-based in Germany, the German Bundestag - on the basis of his decision by June 20, 1991 to complete the unit of in Germany, as well as its decision on the third Commission interim report of concept of the Council of elders of 10 March 1994 and - having regard to the decisions of the Federal Government of 3 June 1992, as well as of 12 October 1993 has passed the following law: section 1 purpose of the law (1) purpose of the law is , to the implementation of the decision of the German Bundestag to complete the unit of in Germany from June 20, 1991, principles for the transfer of the constitutional organs Bundestag and Federal Government in the German capital of Berlin to determine as well as to ensure the perception of government activities in the federal capital of Berlin and the federal city of Bonn and to ensure compensation for the Bonn region.
(2) this implementation has following stipulations must be: 1. ensuring a lasting and fair division of labour between the federal capital Berlin and the federal city of Bonn.
2. settlement of the core area of the Government functions in the German capital Berlin.
3. maintaining and promoting political functions in the German city of Bonn in the following policy areas: a) education and science, culture, research and technology, telecommunications, b) environment and health, c) nutrition, agriculture and forestry, d) development policy, national, international and supranational institutions, e) defense.
4. warranty of the political responsibility of the Federal Government to the Bundestag and the Bundesrat, as well as the functioning of the Federal Government and its agencies.
5. support the federal capital Berlin and the federal city of Bonn, the particular tasks entrusted to them as agreed by the Federal Government to carry out the State-level representation.
6. adequate compensation for the Bonn region for the relocation of the constitutional organs of German Bundestag and Federal Government to Berlin.
7 compensation of resulting disadvantages for the affected employees, as far as this is necessary and appropriate.
Section 2 of the German Bundestag is (1) seat of the German Bundestag the federal capital of Berlin.
(2) the seat decision is carried out as soon as the German Bundestag has determined that the necessary conditions for his ability to work in the German capital Berlin are manufactured.
Article 3 seat of the Federal Government (1) seat of the institution of constitutional federal Government is the federal capital of Berlin.
(2) the Federal Government will make the enforcement of the seat decision in temporal coordination with the enforcement of the seat decision of the German Bundestag.
§ 4 Organization of the Federal Government (1) Federal ministries are located in the federal capital of Berlin and the federal city of Bonn. The Federal Chancellor determines the divisions of the Federal Minister and relating to the federal ministries, which keep their seat in the federal city of Bonn after the move of the Federal Government to Berlin.
(2) the federal ministries remaining in the federal city of Bonn will receive also a service based in the German capital Berlin.
(3) the federal ministries taking their seat in the German capital of Berlin to keep also an Office in the federal city of Bonn. The competent Federal Ministers to determine the parts of their Ministry, remaining in the federal city of Bonn.
(4) decisions should be designed according to the paragraphs 1 to 3, that the majority of the jobs of the federal ministries in the federal city of Bonn as a whole remains.
(5) the Federal Government has to ensure that the political and technical cooperation with the German Bundestag and the Bundesrat is guaranteed.
Section 5 of the Federal Government's measures for the federal capital Berlin (1) the Federal Government and the State of Berlin work together to ensure the functioning of the federal capital of Berlin, as the seat of the German Bundestag and the Federal Government. In this cooperation, the State of Brandenburg is to include, as far as this is necessary to contribute to the functioning of the German capital Berlin.
(2) the Federal Government supports the Land Berlin special tasks entrusted to it as agreed by the Federal Government to carry out the State-level representation.
(3) the detailed design is contractual agreements between the Federal Government on the one hand, and the States of Berlin and Brandenburg on the other.
Section 6 measures the Federal Government for the region of Bonn (1) are the consequences of the loss of the seat of the Parliament and the Government seat for the Bonn region through the acquisition and settlement of new functions and adequately compensated for institutions of national and international importance in the political, scientific and cultural fields, as well as through support for restructuring measures.
(2) in particular, the compensation shall be implemented in the areas of: 1 Bonn as a science location, 2. Bonn as a cultural centre, 3. Bonn as a location for development policy, national, international and supranational institutions, 4. development of Bonn to a region with forward-looking economic structure.
(3) the Federal Government should be committed to work together with the countries concerned on it that are made in the Bonn region by the establishment of complementary facilities policies.
(4) in addition, the Federal Government supports the federal city of Bonn for the specific tasks conferred as agreed by the Federal Government to carry out the State-level representation.
(5) the detailed design of reserve on the other contractual agreements between the Federal Government on the one hand and the countries concerned, as well as the authorities of the region of Bonn.
§ 7 relocation of federal facilities and seat provisions (1) the laws, the following federal authorities 1 Federal Cartel Office, 2 Federal Insurance Office, banking 3. federal supervisory office, 4 federal supervisory Office for insurance, 5 Federal Office for food and forestry, 6 Federal Institute for agricultural market organisation, 7 Federal, 8th German Federal Institute for vocational education and training, 9 Federal Health Office, 10 Central Post Office Bank, 11 Central Office for job placement concern, are amended as follows: a)-k)...
(2) the Federal Government will relocate the headquarters of the railway Federal Office and the headquarters of the federal railway assets in the federal city of Bonn and parts the following federal agencies relocate to Bonn: 1 Federal Research Institute for regional studies and spatial planning (Branch Office Berlin), 2 federal construction Directorate, 3. Federal Statistical Office (Branch Office Berlin), 4. Federal Institute for Geosciences and natural resources (Branch Office Berlin) 5. Bundesamt für Strahlenschutz (Branch Office Berlin).
(3) the Federal Government should be concerned that following institutions take their seat in the federal city of Bonn: 1. German Foundation for international development, 2 German development service, 3. German Institute for development policy, 4 Max Planck Institute for educational research, 5. German society for nutrition, 6 educational job of the German Adult Education Association.
(4) the seat choices reflects the laws amended by paragraph 1 as well as the seat specifications and the transfers referred to in paragraph 2 with the enforcement of the decision on the seat of the Federal Government pursuant to section 3 para 2.
(5) the Federal Government should be trying to seat definitions pursuant to paragraph 3 in temporal coordination with the transfer of functions of the Government to Berlin to be performed.
§ 8 labour law measures (1) for the employees affected by this Act the Federal Administration are labour law or other arrangements, which as well as the functioning of the constitutional bodies and the other concerned federal agencies take into account to create a balance of relocation-related burdens, as far as this is necessary and appropriate,.
(2) if these regulations are required, these occur outside of this Act.
Section 9, notices in the Federal Law Gazette In the Federal Law Gazette will be announced: 1 the statement according to § 2 para 2 by the President of the German Bundestag, 2nd time pursuant to section 3 para 2 by the Federal Chancellor, 3. time pursuant to § 7 para 4 through the Federal Ministry for regional planning, building and urban development.
Article 10 entry into force
This Act enters into force on the day after the announcement.
Search Translated Laws of Germany