Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/befbedv/BJNR002300970.html
Regulation on the General conditions of carriage for the trams and trolleybuses, as well as the regular service with motor vehicles BefBedV Ausfertigung date: 27.02.1970 full quotation: "regulation on the General conditions of carriage for the trams and trolleybuses, as well as regular services with vehicles from 27 February 1970 (BGBl. I p. 230), most recently by article 1 of the regulation of the 21 may 2015 (BGBl. I S. 782) is changed" stand : Last amended by art. 1 V v. 21.5.2015 I 782 for details on the stand number you see in the menu see remarks footnote (+++ text detection from validity: 1.6.1981 +++) input formula on the basis of § 58 para 1 No. 3 of the passenger transport Act of 21 March 1961 (Bundesgesetzbl. I p. 241), last amended by the second act to amend the Transport Act of 8 May 1969 (Bundesgesetzbl. I p. 348), is prescribed with the consent of the Bundesrat: § 1 scope (1) the General conditions of carriage apply to carriage in the trams and trolleybuses, as well as in regular service with motor vehicles. The competent licensing authority can agree to in taking into account special circumstances requests for derogations from the provisions of this Regulation (special conditions of carriage).
(2) § 2 entitlement to transportation transportation entitlement to, unless an obligation to carry according to the provisions of the passenger transport Act and the legislation adopted on the basis of this Act. Things are transported only in accordance with §§ 11 and 12.
§ 3 of the transport excluded persons (1) persons who pose a threat to safety or order of operations or for passengers, are excluded from carriage. As far as these conditions are met, 1 persons who are under the influence of mental beverages or other intoxicating agents, unless 2. persons with contagious diseases, 3 people with loaded firearms, are specifically excluded that they are allowed to carry firearms.
(2) no school-age children before the age of 6 can be excluded from carriage if not accompanied on the whole route by people, who have reached at least the age of 6; prejudice to the provisions of paragraph 1.
§ 4 behavior of passengers (1) passengers have to behave like the security and order operation, their own safety and consideration for other people's areas when using the equipment and vehicles. Instructions of the operating personnel is to follow.
(2) passengers are in particular prohibited to entertain 1, with the driver while driving 2 to open the doors while driving, to throw 3 items from vehicles or to protrude, 4th during the ride up or bail out, 5 to enter a vehicle known as a busy, 6 to affect the usability of the operating facilities, passages and input and exits through bulky items , 7 to smoke underground platforms, 8 sound-reproducing apparatus or sound broadcasting receivers to use.
(3) the passengers may enter the vehicles only at stops and leave; Exceptions require the approval of the operating personnel. If there are specially marked inputs or outputs, are to use them when entering or leaving the vehicle. It is quickly and to get out and move up in the Interior of the vehicle. Will announced the upcoming departure or closes a door, the vehicle may no longer enter or leave. Each passenger is obliged always to get a firm hold in the vehicle.
(4) the supervision of children incumbent the companions. You have to make sure that children not on the seats kneel or stand, and in accordance with the traffic regulations seat belts have created or secured in a child restraint for children in particular.
(5) injured a passenger despite admonition the incumbent obligations under paragraphs 1 to 4, so he can be excluded from carriage.
(6) in the case of pollution of vehicles or equipment, fixed cleaning costs are met by the contractor; further claims shall remain unaffected.
(7) complaints - except in the cases of § 6, paragraph 7 and article 7, par. 3 - not the driving, it's the supervisory personnel should be directed. As far as the complaints can not be done by supervisory staff, they are stating date, time, vehicle - and line name and if possible, enclosing the ticket to the administration of the entrepreneur.
(8) a person who improperly activated the emergency brakes or other safety devices, has to pay an amount of 15 euro - without prejudice to persecution in the penal or penalty procedures and further civil claims. The same applies if pursuant to paragraph 2 No. 3 or no. 7 will violate the prohibition.
Assign cars and places (1) that operations staff can passengers certain car refer to section 5, if this is necessary for operational reasons or to comply with the obligation to carry.
(2) the operating personnel is authorized to assign seats to passengers; There is no entitlement to a seat. Seats are for severely disabled, impaired in the ability to walk, elderly or infirm persons, pregnant women and passengers with small children to share.
§ 6 carriage fees, tickets (1) for the carriage of the fixed carriage charges are to be paid.
(2) the passenger when entering the vehicle with a valid ticket for this ride is provided, he immediately and without being asked to solve the necessary ticket.
(3) the passenger when entering the vehicle with a ticket is equipped, which is to devalue, he immediately and without prior request for cancellation handed this the operating personnel; in vehicles equipped with discharge evaluators, the passenger has to validate the ticket according to the transportation immediately and to check that the devaluation.
(4) the passenger has to keep the ticket until the end of the ride and to present it to the operating personnel at the request of the audit or to hand over.
(5) the passenger does not fulfil an obligation after the paragraphs 2 to 4, despite the request, he can be excluded from carriage; the obligation to pay a higher carriage fee pursuant to § 9 shall remain unaffected.
(6) car or car parts in introduced operation may be used only by passengers with valid tickets for this purpose.
(7) complaints of the ticket must be provided immediately. Later complaints are not taken into account.
§ 7 payment (1) the fare is to be held ready counted out. The driver is not obliged to switch funds over 5 euros and to accept one cent pieces in the amount of more than 10 cents and significantly damaged banknotes and coins.
(2) as far as the drivers of sums of money may not change over 5 euros, a receipt for the retained amount is the passenger to exhibit. It is up to the passenger to pick up the change the receipt in the management of the entrepreneur. Passengers with this scheme does not agree, he has to cancel the trip.
(3) complaints of changing money or the receipt issued by the driver must be made immediately.
§ 8 invalid tickets (1) tickets, used contrary to the provisions of the conditions of carriage or the carriage tariff are not valid and are indented; the same applies to tickets that 1 are not properly filled out and not immediately be filled despite prompt, 2. not with value brand glued-on are provided, torn apart 3., cut or otherwise damaged, heavily soiled or are illegible, so that they can no longer be tested, 4 are arbitrarily changed, 5 from unauthorized use, used 6 other than the allowed trips , 7 because of time or other reasons are forfeited, 8 without the required photograph used.
Fare will not be refunded.
(2) a ticket which entitles only in connection with an application or a person identification provided for in the tariff for carriage, be considered invalid and can be recovered, if the application or person ID is not shown on request.
§ 9 increased postage (1) a passenger is obliged to pay a higher carriage fee if he 1 has procured themselves a valid ticket, 2 has obtained a valid ticket is, this however in a review do not show can, has cancelled the ticket not or not immediately in the sense of article 6, paragraph 3 3. or devalue let or 4th presents the ticket request not to test or provide.
A prosecution in criminal or fine shall remain unaffected. The provisions in paragraphs 1 and 3 are not applied if the obtaining or the cancellation of the ticket for reasons is there have been no, which the passenger is not responsible.
(2) in the cases of referred to in paragraph 1, the contractor may charge an increased fare up to 60 euros. He may, however, levy twice the transport charge for simple navigation on the route travelled by the passenger, unless a higher amount than according to sentence 1 is according to this; Here, the increased postage can be calculated after the starting point of the line, if the passenger cannot demonstrate the distance traveled.
(3) the increased fare is reduced in the case of paragraph 1 No. 2 to 7 euros, if the passenger can prove within one week from the date of the finding in the management of the entrepreneur being holder of a valid personal time card at the time of the finding.
(4) when using invalid time cards, further claims of the contractor remain unaffected.
§ 10 reimbursement of postage (1) a ticket is not used to driving, so the postage on request on presentation of the ticket will be refunded. The passenger is proof for the non-use of the ticket.
(2) is used to drive a ticket only on a part of the route, the difference between the fare paid and the distance required postage on request on presentation of the ticket will be refunded. The passenger is proof for the partial use of the ticket.
(3) a season ticket will not or only partially used, so the carriage fee for the time map taking into account the transport charge for performed single journeys on request on presentation of the ticket will be refunded. For the determination of the moment, up to the individual trips – per day the day of return or deposit the time card or the date of the postmark of the sending of the time card with the post is two rides - as performed. An earlier date can only be considered if the certificate of a physician, a hospital or a health insurance through illness, accident or death of the passenger is presented. With the deduction of transport pay for the carried out single runs a discount only when the necessary conditions in the other will be the carriage fee for one-way.
(4) applications are immediately, at the latest within one week after expiry of the validity of the ticket for the administration of the entrepreneur to make under paragraphs 1 to 3.
(5) of the amount to be reimbursed, a handling fee of 2 euros, as well as a possible transfer fee will be deducted. The processing fee and a possible transfer fee will not be deducted if the reimbursement on the basis of circumstances is sought, to which the contractor has.
(6) in the case of exclusion from carriage § 3, paragraph 1, sentence 2 is, except no. 2, no entitlement to reimbursement of the paid fees.
§ 11 carriage of things (1) a claim for transportation of things does not exist. Ride of the passenger hand baggage and other things are while and only safety promoted, making and order operation can be not endangered and other passengers are not disturbed.
(2) transport hazardous substances and dangerous goods excludes in particular 1 explosive, inflammable, radioactive, that can be foul-smelling or corrosive substances, 2. unpacked or unprotected stuff, hurt by the passengers, 3. objects that extend beyond the perimeter of the car.
(3) the obligation to transport infants in strollers adheres to the provisions of § 2 sentence 1. If possible, the operating personnel should ensure that passengers are not rejected with child in the stroller. The decision to take is the operating personnel.
(4) the passenger has to accommodate with things so and to oversee that does not endanger the safety and order of operation and other passengers can not be bothered.
(5) the operating staff decides in each case whether things are allowed to carry and where to place them.
§ 12 carriage of animals (1) on the carriage of animals is article 11, paragraph 1 to apply 4 and 5.
(2) dogs are carried only under supervision of a person for this purpose appropriate. Dogs that can endanger other passengers, must wear a muzzle.
(3) guide dogs accompanying a blind person, are always permitted for carriage.
(4) other animals are allowed only in suitable containers.
(5) animals may be accommodated on seats.
Lost property lost property section 13 are immediately deliver BGB in accordance with § 978 the operating personnel. A found object returned by the lost property Office of the contractor against payment of a fee for keeping to the loser. Immediate return to the loser by the operating personnel is permitted if he correctly can identify themselves as losers. The loser has to confirm the reception of the thing in writing.
§ 14 liability of the contractor shall be liable for the death or injury of a passenger, and for damage to things, the passenger itself contributes or leads with it, under the General rules. For damage to property the contractor against each transported person liable only up to the maximum of 1,000 euros; the limitation of liability does not apply if the damage to intent or gross negligence attributable.
§ 15 (dropped out) § 16 exclusion of claims deviations from timetables by traffic delays, malfunctions or interruptions and lack of space do not justify replacement claims. in this respect assumes any responsibility for compliance with the connections.
§ 17 place of jurisdiction the place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from the contract of carriage, is the seat of the entrepreneur.
Article 18 this regulation into force shall 6 months after its promulgation.
Concluding formula of the Federal Minister of transport
Search Translated Laws of Germany