Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/baustiftg/BJNR317700006.html
Law establishing a "Bundesstiftung Baukultur" BauStiftG Ausfertigung date: 17.12.2006 full quotation: "law establishing a"Bundesstiftung Baukultur"of December 17, 2006 (Federal Law Gazette I p. 3177)" footnote (+++ text detection from: 22.12.2006 +++) § 1 name, legal status and headquarters of the Foundation is the name "Bundesstiftung Baukultur" built a legal foundation of under public law with headquarters in Potsdam.
§ 2 purpose the purpose of the Foundation is the quality of nationally and internationally highlight sustainability and efficiency of the planning and construction in Germany and to increase awareness of good planning, construction and building culture and the value of the built environment at construction professionals and the population. The Foundation intended urban, planerischer, construction and housing economic standards in particular as a communication platform for the nationwide discussion. The Foundation will focus on instruments with national and international broadcasting. Measures of countries and communities remain unaffected.
§ 3 Convention of the building culture (1) the Foundation regularly organises a public Convention of building culture.
(2) as members of the Convention, she appoints carrier and donors of nationwide important prizes in the field of building culture, independent people with technical authority, who bring experience from the main areas of private and public planning and construction in Germany, as well as more persons with patrimonial or financial commitment in the area of building culture.
(3) the Convention has the task to carry out a public location to the building culture in Germany continuously develop, to recognize outstanding achievements in the field of building culture and to show need for action in this area.
(4) the members of the Convention suggest the people from their ranks taking part in accordance with section 7 (1) and § 8 para 1 in the organs of the Foundation.
(5) further regulates the Statute.
§ 4 endowments (1) the Federal Government provides the Foundation a foundation capital of 250,000 euros available.
(2) the Foundation is required to muster the capital needed to carry out their tasks also through acquisition of grants and donations to third parties. She can make use of the support of private associations or similar entities here.
(3) where necessary, the Foundation for the performance of their duties also receives a federal grant in accordance with the federal budget.
(4) the Foundation is entitled to provide services for third parties in the purpose of the Foundation and with the consent of the Board of Trustees.
(5) income of the endowment and other revenue are only in the sense of the Foundation in order to use.
§ 5 organs of the Foundation are organs of the Foundation 1 Board, 2. the Board of Trustees, 3. the Advisory Council.
§ 6 Board of Directors (1) the Board consists of a Chairman and a Deputy, the Chairman or a Deputy.
(2) the members of the Management Board be ordered by the Board by a majority of its members for up to five years. The new order is allowed.
(3) the Board of Directors leads the ongoing operations of the Foundation and implements the decisions of the Board. He supervises the proper and economical use of the Stiftungsmittel and represents the Foundation and out of court.
(4) the further regulates the Statute.
§ 7 Board (1) the Board consists of 13 members: the German Bundestag sends 1 five members from among its members, 2 a member send the Federal Ministry of transport, the Convention of the building culture construction and urban development, the Federal Ministry of finance, as well as the Supreme Federal authority responsible for matters of culture and the media, 3. sends five members.
(2) the posting of members of the Board of Trustees is carried out for four years. The repeated posting is allowed. A member retires prematurely, a successor can be named for the rest of his term.
(3) the representative of the Federal Ministry for transport, building and Urban Affairs holds the Chairman of the Board of Trustees.
(4) the Board of Trustees is on all matters, which are the Foundation of fundamental importance, in particular about the Organization, the medium-term financial planning, the budget and the work programme and its implementation.
(5) in budget and personnel matters are subject to the decisions of the Board of Trustees of the consent of the representatives of the Federal Ministry for transport, building and urban development and the Federal Ministry of finance.
(6) the Board of Trustees is quorate if more than half of its members are present. He takes decisions by a simple majority. Vote the vote of the Chairman or the Chairman decides.
(7) the members of the Board are volunteers and are entitled to a refund of travel costs under the Federal travel Act.
(8) further regulates the Statute.
§ 8 Advisory Board (1) the Advisory Council consists of 20 members of from various disciplines who have distinguished themselves in the field of building culture. They are appointed by the Board after the Foundation has conducted a Convention of the building culture for the first time according to § 3. The Foundation Board on proposal of the Convention of the building culture appoints three-fourths of the members.
(2) the appointment of the members of the Advisory Board is made for four years. The renewed appointment of members is even allowed. A member retires prematurely, the Board of Trustees for the remainder of the term can appoint a successor.
(3) with the majority of its members, the Advisory Board chooses a Chairman or a Chairman from among its members. The Chairman or the Chairman can be deselected by same vote.
(4) the Advisory Board advises the Board of Trustees in planning and carrying out its tasks.
(5) the Advisory Board is quorate if more than half of its members are present. He takes decisions by a simple majority. Vote the vote of the Chairman or the Chairman decides.
(6) the members of the Advisory Board are volunteers and are entitled to a refund of travel costs under the Federal travel Act.
(7) further regulates the Statute.
§ 9 statute that gives Foundation is a statute adopted by the Board by a majority of its members. Amendments to the statutes also require the majority of the members of the Board of Trustees.
§ 10 supervisory, budgetary, audit (1) the Foundation is subject to the legal supervision of the Federal Ministry for transport, building and urban development.
(2) for the household, point-of-sale, and accounting, as well as for the accounting of the Foundation find the application for the federal administration according to applicable regulations. The Foundation has in time before the beginning of each financial year to prepare a business plan, which needs the approval of the Board of Trustees.
(3) the budgetary and economic management of the Foundation are subject to review by the General Accounting Office.
§ 11 workers and workers (1) are the shops of the Foundation by workers and perceived workers.
(2) on the working conditions of the workers and employees of the Foundation, they are for the respectively applicable to workers and employees of the Federal Government collective agreements and regulations to apply.
To put section 12 transitional to the Foundation, to prepare the first Convention of the building culture according to § 3 and perform, the Board initially constituted without the members to be designated by the Convention of the building culture. This Board is entitled and obliged to take all measures in connection with the preparation and implementation of the Convention required, as well as up in essential decisions. This includes also the appointment of a provisional Board of Directors, as well as the adoption of a provisional Constitution. The paragraphs 7 and 9 shall apply mutatis mutandis.
Article 13 entry into force this law enter into force on the day after the announcement.
Search Translated Laws of Germany