Read the untranslated law here: http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/battgdv/BJNR378300009.html
Regulation on the implementation of the battery Act (BattGDV) BattGDV Ausfertigung date: 12.11.2009 full quotation: "regulation on the implementation of the battery Act of November 12, 2009 (Federal Law Gazette I p. 3783)" *) this regulation serves the implementation of Directive 2006/66/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 6 September 2006 on batteries and accumulators and waste batteries and accumulators and repealing Directive 91/157/EEC (OJ L 266 of the 26.9.2006, p.1, L 339 of the 6.12.2006, p. 39, L 139 of the reded, p. 40), the last by Directive 2008/103/EC (OJ L 327 of December 5, 2008, p. 7) has been changed. The obligations under the Directive 98/34/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 June 1998 establishing an information procedure in the field of technical standards and regulations (OJ L 204 of the 21.7.1998, p. 37), most recently by Directive 2006/96/EC (OJ L 363 of 20.12.2006, p. 81) is has been modified to comply.
Footnote (+++ text detection from: 1.12.2009 +++) (+++ official note of the standard authority on EC law: implementation of EGRL 66/2006 (CELEX Nr: 32006 L 0066) attention EGRL 34/98 (CELEX Nr: 398 L 0034) +++) input formula on the basis of article 20 number 1 and 2 of the battery Act of June 25, 2009 (BGBl. I p. 1582) decreed the Federal Ministry for environment, nature conservation and nuclear safety: § 1 definitions of this Regulation shall apply the definitions in § 2 of the law of battery.
Section 2 information on following categories display the market participation (1) for the display of a manufacturer according to § 4 paragraph 1 sentence 1 of the battery Act requires: 1 name and legal form of the manufacturer, 2. address of the manufacturer, consisting of street, house number, postal code, town and State, 3. contact details of manufacturer, consisting of phone number, fax number, E-Mail address, Internet address and the name of the contact person for the manufacturer, 4. incorporation of the manufacturer , consisting of commercial register number and Court, or, if the manufacturer in the commercial register is registered, commercial display of the manufacturer, consisting of the date of the commercial display and the Community code, 5. type (§ 2 para 4 to 6 of the battery Act) of batteries, intends to bring the manufacturer on the market and brand of he operates is.
(2) for manufacturers of portable batteries are in addition to paragraph 1 required information to the following categories: 1. a statement of the participation of the producer to the common return system of the manufacturers for batteries (§ 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 of the battery Act) including the number of participants by the common return system, 2. a Declaration on the establishment of a manufacturer's own take-back system for batteries by the manufacturer (§ 7 paragraph 1 sentence 1 of the battery Act) , 3. name and legal form of the third parties designated by the manufacturer with the operation of its own take-back system (§ 19 of the battery Act).
The information pursuant to sentence 2 includes 1 number in particular the name of the authority through which the proprietary collection system has been approved, as well as date and file or business sign of approval.
(3) for manufacturers of automotive and industrial batteries are in addition required to paragraph 1: 1 a declaration was establishing a corresponding to the requirements of article 8 of the law of battery return possibility for old batteries and 2. details of the nature of a possibility of return and access of the return beneficiaries on the offer.
(4) for publication on the Internet according to § 4 paragraph 3 sentence 1 of the law of battery are intended: 1 the information referred to in paragraph 1 number 1, 2. the information referred to in paragraph 1 number 2 postcode, the village and the State, 3. the information referred to in paragraph 1 number 3 the Internet address, 4. the information referred to in paragraph 1 number 5, 5. the information referred to in paragraph 2 sentence 1 without the information referred to in paragraph 2 sentence 2 and 6 the information referred to in paragraph 3 at least the removal of all fluids and acids include § 3 treatment and recycling (1) treatment of the battery law must according to article 14, paragraph 1, sentence 1.
(2) the treatment and storage of waste treatment plants must be carried out only in sites with impermeable surfaces and suitable, weather-resistant covering or in suitable containers; This also applies to a temporary storage.
(3) following minimum objectives (Verwertungseffizienzen) with the recovery procedures used must be achieved at the latest on September 26, 2011: 1 recycling of 65 percent of the average mass of lead acid batteries with maximum recycling of the lead content, which is economically reasonable and technically accessible, 2. recycling of 75 percent of the average mass of old nickel-cadmium batteries with maximum recycling of the cadmium content , this is economically reasonable and technically accessible, 3. recycling of 50 per cent of the average mass of other batteries.
Article 4 entry into force this regulation enters into force on December 1, 2009.
Search Translated Laws of Germany